More Dining options offered in the Evenings on Alaska Cruise

Cruise Arizona

Hey I just thought I'd let those of you who are cruising to Alaska know that The Mercury is now offering more Dining Options in the evening during the Round Trip Vancouver Alaska Itinerary.

The ship often stayed late in port and some of the excursions went well into first seating dinner or arrived very late even for late seating... so wisely on several of the evenings they offered multiple casual dining options.

In addition to the Sushi Bar, Pizza and Pasta Station, and Seated full service Casual dining areas, they offered full buffet dinner on the nights that we were in Juneau and Ketchican. (I think I have those ports right.)

• 2 weeks later...

We ate in port in Juneau, and then back on the ship in both Ketchkan and Skagway.

In Ketchikan we got back with just minutes to spare, so we were dressed more casually than normal (shhh, don't tell), but no one said anything. It was nice to be in the dining room when it was so empty (30-40% full, if that). There were only 5 of up at our table and the waiter's other table was empty.

It was nice to be a little pampered after a long day and not have to deal with lines, trays, hunting a table, etc.

We were recently on the Infinity in May on a 13 nite and they served a buffet in the evening on two nites. One was in Juneau and the other I cannot remember. So that was nice.

Marilyn

Archived