Glory / Triumph December bargains?

nc_cruiser1

The current pricing for Glory / Triumph right before Christmas this year (departing 12/18) seems like a bargain for a cruise during the holiday season. Prices for the following week on Glory (departing Christmas Day) are about $300pp higher.

I booked two staterooms (cats 4D and 8B - Empress deck interior and balcony) for four people yesterday on Glory departing 12/18 (Western itinerary) for around $3000 + tax.

Is demand low because people don't want a cruise that ends on Christmas Day?

I just booked for the Victory leaving on 12/19. The prices are much better than the following week. In fact, they're much better than they were for the same time last year when I cruised on the Triumph. I got a balcony guarantee this year for less than the ov guarantee I had last year.

We have found that the prices between Thanksgiving and Christmas are VERY good. Last year we were on the Pride, this year we will be on the Conquest and next year Adventurer of the Seas. For a balcony cabin the average price we have paid for two (including taxes/port fees) is $1425.

4A cabin for two people - $549pp MINUS ANOTHER 10% (plus $48 tax/port charges)

It'll end up being around $1100 TOTAL for two. Found round trip flights out of Chicago O'Hare for $218pp, while Carnival wanted to charge $465pp.

Not bad...curious to hear if anyone was able to do any better...

I don't know what you mean by "the minus 10%" . I thought of doing the Glory on 12/19. Airfare via SWA would be about $220 provided I was willing to fart around Orlando for a few days. But, I shook the idea out of my head because I was on the Glory two months ago to the same ports. I found the Glory just too crowed anyhow.

Up until last week, a rat room (inside guarantee) could be had for around $600 on the inaugral cruise on the Valor, to the eastern car. Darn, missed out on that one!

So, I am going on the Victory on 12/19. I paid $2350 for two inside cabins. I will get $100 cruise credit per room (CCL shareholder benefit) and another $200 off per room (thankyou CCL credit card). So, I am paying $875 per cabin, or,$438 per person.

• 2 weeks later...

the "MINUS 10%" is for the discount that Carnival gave my fiance and me for writing a letter last year to describe our cruise. It stated good as well as unsatisfactory experiences, but they sent us 10% off certificates.

We also were able to receive $100 shipboard credits...they hand those out fairly liberally!

Archived