UPGRADEd

Called my TA today to check on cabin assignment for Sept. 8 sailing on the miracle and was told we have been upgraded from cat 11 to cat 12 - and this was akready after we had picked our cabin - yelled so loud whole office heard me!! we are now in cabin 6182 on Empress deck - anyone ever stay in this suite - can you give me any info on it, and why would we be upgraded if we had already picked our cabin? I was only able to share the news with one of the people I am traveling with, the other 2 are on vacation, and I will bust before they get back!:D :D :D

Called my TA today to check on cabin assignment for Sept. 8 sailing on the miracle and was told we have been upgraded from cat 11 to cat 12 - and this was akready after we had picked our cabin - yelled so loud whole office heard me!! we are now in cabin 6872 on Empress deck - anyone ever stay in this suite - can you give me any info on it, and why would we be upgraded if we had already picked our cabin? I was only able to share the news with one of the people I am traveling with, the other 2 are on vacation, and I will bust before they get back!:D :D :D

If you knew your cabin assignment why would you call? Anyways, people are not willing to fork out the extra bucks for the Cat.12 and in most cases it remains open for upgrades.

Fred

I called because I noticed on another web site that the cabin we had already been assigned was showing as being available for our sailing date.:o

Good Answer, make sure you take some good pics of this cabin for us when you return.

Thanks

Fred

Believe me, I was nervous - couldn't imagine what had happened. I kept thinking "maybe" upgrade, but I'm not usually that lucky and didn't dare get my hopes up, especially after reading on these boards that they don't usually upgrade you if you have already picked your cabin. I was so excited I didn't get any work done for the rest of the day!:p

woo hooo, doing the happy dance for ya.

I have a back to back coming up and prices dropped on both. I got $40 off on the first one and havent been able to call on the other one that the price really plummented. I left a message that if they wanted they could upgrade us if they didnt want to refund money to my card.

This must be a very lucky day huh??

WennFred,

I originally asked for an Aft wrap but was told there were none available, so we went with the cat 11 - there are 4 of us - all old friends, so we just split the cost, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the cat 11 either, and we really didn't want connecting cabins. One of my friends has never cruised before and she is very nervous about it,so figured we should probably all be together.

Firefly - hope you get that upgrade, and have A GREAT time on your cruise - I'm looking forward to 8 days with no phones, fax's, computers, whining claimant's, demanding insureds, an especially NO HOUSEWORK!:D

Boy does that sound like fun. We are going with only one friend in 2008 and seeing how we all get along, but we are going in separate cabins. Im not sure I could relax with 4 people in a cabin, even good friends. I did cruise with a lady I meet online on a group cruise in January and love her to death, but her bed was too close to the restroom for instance and she could HEAR and just changing clothes in general, I think family is easier.

You are really brave to cruise in the same cabin with your good friends to make their cruise special. I hope you turn her into another cruise addict.

Firefly,

I have been friends with these girls for over 30 yrs - one 35 yrs, and we travel together all of the time and usually always stay in the same room. We are all very down to earth and we all know each others "faults, hangups, etc." We are more like sisters than friends. We will probably laugh ourselves silly - we are all very young 40's and early 50's. 67 days and counting. Foo Foo drinks here I come!:D

Archived