Huge price drop today

missty

Our price dropped today $800.00!! Whoo Hoo!! We are going on the Gem in July 2008! So, check out your prices. It dropped $200.00 about two weeks ago, and now the biggy of 800.00

Just thought I would pass this on to help someone else!

missty

Naturally, my week has not dropped. My $3000 suite (booked price) is now $5800!!! :eek: Guess I wont be changin.

~Intrepid

I was going to write..."How come everybody's price drops except mine?" Now I don't feel so bad not having the kind of luck that some people have with pricedrops. Maybe it could be because I usually book when the prices are too good to pass up and they only go up?

I just went to check it out and July on the Gem is a great deal, but 4 airfares for me to go to Barcelona may be alot of money. I am going to watch airfare when it gets released in September for next July - NCL air is $ 1500 EACH. :eek:

So book it - lock in the great deal - you can cancel if you change your mind or airfare remains too high. NCL air for my Oct cruise Dover to Barcelona was $1250 - I booked nostop round trip Contenental for $600.

Lottery,

What week are you going? Is it the Gem?

Diane in Music City

No. I'm going on the Crown in October to Bermuda and the Spirit repo in March from New Orleans back to New York. My prices start out very low because I have a great travel agent who discounts her commission. So far the prices haven't come down to what I have paid nor did they come down to what I paid on a previous cruise through her. Thats why I have booked other cruises with her also. Gotta take care of my girl!!:)

I just went to check it out and July on the Gem is a great deal, but 4 airfares for me to go to Barcelona may be alot of money. I am going to watch airfare when it gets released in September for next July - NCL air is $ 1500 EACH. :eek:

I just paid $900 for air to Barcelona for May 18th Gem, from Nashville, one stop in Newark, NJ

Diane in Music City

No. I'm going on the Crown in October to Bermuda and the Spirit repo in March from New Orleans back to New York. My prices start out very low because I have a great travel agent who discounts her commission. So far the prices haven't come down to what I have paid nor did they come down to what I paid on a previous cruise through her. Thats why I have booked other cruises with her also. Gotta take care of my girl!!:)

Lottery, Well I can't discount my cruises because I receive the entire commission back. My cruise is one to Europe and it went down $872, which is more than the total commission on this cruise.

Diane in Music City

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I posted this as it's own thread but thought it might catch someone's eye here...

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the 2 for 1 cruise deal you receive on NCL when reserving your wedding day tuxes through Afterhours.

We used this to book last February and realized at the time that it was not a direct 2 for 1 deal since the company goes by brochure rates (which are typically higher than those you find online) but we were able to get a balcony room for the price of an oceanview, which we were happy with.

Now it's July, and prices have dropped to where we could book the same category room (BD - balcony) direct through NCL for $78 less than what we paid (which was supposedly such a discount)!

I emailed the TA and asked if he could pass along any price drops and/or upgrades/upsell opportunities to us, and he replied that it wasn't possible because the 2 for 1 deal was not flexible.

I am considering cancelling with this TA (even though I would lose a $100 deposit) and booking direct through NCL. I would loose $22 overall, but I think it would be worth the peace of mind to be direct with NCL and have the opportunity for a price reduction/upgrade should the prices drop even lower.

Any thoughts??? I know it's kind of a strange question but I thought there might be a chance of someone else on here in the same situation.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel

Archived