Are they a good deal??

majosa

I know that their has been a ton questions ask about the drink coupons but what I need to know is those that have returned from a cruise in the last 2 or 3 months. If you have used the drink coupons did you have to use more than one coupon per drink?

I want to try several of the mixed drinks and was planning on buying about 100's of the coupons but if in the end it is not worth it then i am not going to buy. Thank you for all your help!!

I want to try several of the mixed drinks and was planning on buying about 100's of the coupons but if in the end it is not worth it then i am not going to buy.

Why not just buy one coupon book? 100s? A coupon book for each person should be plenty to try out drinks. I think the coupons are good on the drink of the day for instance, if you dont order it in the take home souveneir glass, regular sized drinks. You save about 50 cents a drink so its not enough savings that I would buy a ton of the coupons in case you dont use them.

We were on the Fantasy in April of this year and had purchased 12 sheets of the coupons (48 coupons total). Only once were we charged above the value of the coupon ($1.44 being applied to our S & S card) and never used more than one coupon/drink. We used all our coupons on the trip and had pre ordered liquor from the Bon Voyage department. We'll order the coupons and liquor on our next cruise. They worked out great for us.

I know that their has been a ton questions ask about the drink coupons but what I need to know is those that have returned from a cruise in the last 2 or 3 months. If you have used the drink coupons did you have to use more than one coupon per drink?

I want to try several of the mixed drinks and was planning on buying about 100's of the coupons but if in the end it is not worth it then i am not going to buy. Thank you for all your help!!

We had a bunch that friends had sent to our stateroom when we sailed in March. We had to use 3 for some drinks and I got so discussed with them I just threw them at the bartender and said keep them!

We had bought ourselves gift certificates, in the months before we sailed($500). You mail them into Carnival with your ship and sail information a few weeks before you sail. I called about a week before we sailed and confirmed that I had been credited the $500. That way we only had to carry our S&S card, not a bunch of coupons. We know we had plenty of money to spend for bottles of wine with dinner, drinks for ourselves and friends, etc. etc. A drink coupon, should be a drink coupon, NOT a drink coupon=you get to guess how many we are going to ask you for. It works out the same. The coupons are only good for the amount you pay for them dollar for dollar, they are not giving you any 'deal'. So you might as well just put the money on your sail and sign card. I told them to sh*** their drink coupons.

I don't get it - if one coupon is not worth one drink what good are they?

We had a bunch that friends had sent to our stateroom when we sailed in March. We had to use 3 for some drinks and I got so discussed with them I just threw them at the bartender and said keep them!

We had bought ourselves gift certificates, in the months before we sailed($500). You mail them into Carnival with your ship and sail information a few weeks before you sail. I called about a week before we sailed and confirmed that I had been credited the $500. That way we only had to carry our S&S card, not a bunch of coupons. We know we had plenty of money to spend for bottles of wine with dinner, drinks for ourselves and friends, etc. etc. A drink coupon, should be a drink coupon, NOT a drink coupon=you get to guess how many we are going to ask you for. It works out the same. The coupons are only good for the amount you pay for them dollar for dollar, they are not giving you any 'deal'. So you might as well just put the money on your sail and sign card. I told them to sh*** their drink coupons.

I don't get it - if one coupon is not worth one drink what good are they?

Can I ask what type of drinks you were purchasing? We used the coupons on our December Liberty cruise and never had a problem. Are the bar servers more difficult on the Triumph? We were thinking of buying some for our upcoming Triumph cruise but won't if they are going to give us alot of hassle.

Archived