Blow Dryer

sgorich

My beloved blow dryer died yesterday:( RIP ole' pal..

I was going to take mine with me on the cruise. So now the question is, do I go run out and buy a new one now, or is the one they provide in the cabin OK? I like it HOT and fast. haha.... Or does the one they provide take forever to dry your hair?

Well, you are going to need a new one anyway, right?

I have short hair and always bring my own equipment. Somehow using a hairdryer handled by some other people kind of creeps me out:eek:

I vote for buying and bringing the one. Target has a never-ending selection!!

Judy

I think it depends on your cruise line (and possibly even your ship--I know HAL has been retrofitting all its ships to replace the wall-mounted hairdryers with nice "regular" hair dryers, not sure that they've finished all the ships) I try to travel light (ha!) and will bring a curling iron so I won't travel with a hair dryer. So far all the hotels and cruise ships have had them. I'm not picky about hair dryers. If it takes a long time, so be it--I read while I'm drying my hair anyway.....

I think the real answer is dependent on which ship you are cruising.

Try asking this question on the specific cruise board, listing your specific ship. If it is a wall-mounted dryer in the bathroom, forget it, you have to bring your own. If the dryer is in a drawer at the vanity, those are typically fine, but others who have been on the ship can fill you in best.

The only time I bring along a dryer now is if I know it is wall mounted. Not only because I don't care to be in the bathroom drying my hair while DH is in the shower, I like to sit down while I dry my hair. The wall mounted ones sometimes are just hoses that get horribly hot.

When in doubt, take your own. The only thing the ones in the cabins are good for would be drying nail polish! If you have thick hair, or are particular, buy a new one and bring it. There are some really light-weight good ones out there now. I got a ceramic one from Ulta, and I love it.

I think the real answer is dependent on which ship you are cruising.

Try asking this question on the specific cruise board, listing your specific ship. If it is a wall-mounted dryer in the bathroom, forget it, you have to bring your own. If the dryer is in a drawer at the vanity, those are typically fine, but others who have been on the ship can fill you in best.

The only time I bring along a dryer now is if I know it is wall mounted. Not only because I don't care to be in the bathroom drying my hair while DH is in the shower, I like to sit down while I dry my hair. The wall mounted ones sometimes are just hoses that get horribly hot.

I think the one's on Conquest are mounted in the drawer of the vanity. I was sure glad to have my own!

Archived