Carnival Suite Question

gnlma1

Does anyone know what the difference is between a Carnival Category 11 Suite and a Carnival Category 12 Suite? There's a big difference in price, but the only difference I could find is that the category 11 has a single sofa and the 12 has a double sofa.

:confused: :confused:

cat 12 is a bigger cabin- sleeps 4. cat 11 sleeps 3

but these class ships allow rollaways.

If wanting a cat 12 but want to pay a 11..take the guarantee booking.

Please note by doing the guarantee you could get either of the 11's with the standard size balcony-- 9205 or 9206

cat 12 photo

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Staterooms/stateroomdetail_TI_SU.aspx

We had a Cat 11 midship on the Miracle. We were 3 people and had more than enough room with tons of storage. On the Miracle the Cat. 12 is a little larger and has a larger sofa. We did not think the difference in price was worth it. We were very comfortable in a Cat. 11 with 3 closets, lots of drawer and shelf space and we did not even use it all and we packed enough for 3 weeks. There was a separate small dressing room which could be closed off from both the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of shelf space, 2 sinks and a whirlpool tub. Personally I would not spend the extra for a Cat.12 but that of course is personal choice. And the Cat. 11 we had, had a pull down bunk if you needed it for a fourth person.

We always go with Cat 11's. Unless we're missing something.. there's no huge difference between 11 & 12. While the 12's are marginally larger....given the price difference..definetly not worth the extra cash.

I booked cat 11 on Spirit and was told that 4237 (corner suite, rear of ship) would not accomodate 3 people, so my mom had to book inside cabin directly accross hall. I also checked into room 7347 and Carnival told me that room is also a 2 person room. Is this only because of the room location or is cat 11 for 2 people only?

cat 12 is a bigger cabin- sleeps 4. cat 11 sleeps 3

but these class ships allow rollaways.

If wanting a cat 12 but want to pay a 11..take the guarantee booking.

Please note by doing the guarantee you could get either of the 11's with the standard size balcony-- 9205 or 9206

cat 12 photo

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Staterooms/stateroomdetail_TI_SU.aspx

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QbuHLZs0YubA&notag=1

Here are some pictures of a category 12 on the Victory. I understand the Triumph is basically the same ship. From looking in doors of the 11's, it appeared to me that the difference in the 11 is that there is less space between the couch and the bed and the couch is either smaller, or else the 12's have 2 chairs along with the couch. I didn't see the bathroom of an 11. The 12 has a tub and a separate dressing area. The balcony of the 12 is twice the length of a standard balcony - the width from the door to the railing is the same.

More specificly...Suite with Standard Balcony250 square feet total Stateroom220 square feetBalcony30 square feetWindow 4'W x 4'H cat: 11 Penthouse Suite with Large Balcony400 square feet totalStateroom330 square feetBalcony 70 square feet Window 5 1/2'W x 4'H cat: 12

mpk

MPK218--If you are referring to the Miracle, your measurements are not correct. On the Miracle the Cat. 11 is 275 sqft. and the balcony is 85 sqft for a total of 360. Perhaps you are referring to a different ship?

I booked cat 11 on Spirit and was told that 4237 (corner suite, rear of ship) would not accomodate 3 people, so my mom had to book inside cabin directly accross hall. I also checked into room 7347 and Carnival told me that room is also a 2 person room. Is this only because of the room location or is cat 11 for 2 people only?

Category 11 is supposed to fit three people. On the Triumph, there are two category 11 rooms (9205 and 9206), which I were told were smaller with standard balconies. I am guessing it is due to the room location and being in the corner.

just back from fantasy

we book cat 11 and got upgraded to cat 12

very nice room but would not have paid the extra just for the room

when i called about booking for next summer i was told that i had to book cat 12 if we had four people...makes no since to me since they let me book it this past year....still lost on that one...:confused:

i guess the point i'm making is be sure that they will allow for you number of people in the room...

MPK218--If you are referring to the Miracle, your measurements are not correct. On the Miracle the Cat. 11 is 275 sqft. and the balcony is 85 sqft for a total of 360. Perhaps you are referring to a different ship?

I believe this was started about Fantasy Class ships. If not fill in what you like ..

On the Spirit class ships, only two or three of the aft, wraparound balcony cabins (category 11) accomodate three people (a twin/king and a convertible sofa). 7347 and 4237 are not among them. :(

I believe this was started about Fantasy Class ships. If not fill in what you like ..

Makes sense if the stats you provided were for the Fantasy class. The Miracle being a Spririt class has their standard Cat. 11 suites occupying 360 total sq. ft. with the balcony. (of course, the aft Cat. 11s are different.)

The Triumph is yet another class ....

It all depends WHEN you book your cruise.

After a certain time, the coast guard regulates how many people to a cabin based on security reasons: ie: lifeboat space... Even if the room seems like it would be big enough to accomodate a triple or a quad, it isn't always available based on the above.

I know this for a fact having worked for an un-named cruiseline.

Of course, if there are 4 people and only 3 beds, that would also be a determining factor.

Well we had the cat 12 on the fantasy lasy year and the Glory this year .

The Glory cat 12 was very large . The bathtub you could really sit in and the bathroom was huge with double sinks and a bidet. We felt it was well worth the money just too bad the kids had to stay in a room across the hall.

But it was nice that when the family we traveled with want to sit and just talk there was more then enought room for everyone and you could sit 6 or 7 folks just on the couch and still have the 2 chairs and the bed left over :)

I just like a room that you like to come back too and do not follow the line of well you only sleep in it

Archived