Latrobe Airport (PA) - Northwest

cot427

I am considering taking a flight out of Arnold Palmer airport in Latrobe, Pa. It is on Northwest Airlines. It is a nice airport, free parking, smaller choice than Pittsburgh International. I have to fly on a SAAB-340, a 33 seater. It is only $173 and through Detriot to Fort Lauderdale. I am wondering if anybody has flown out of Latrobe airport, or on a small plane like this?

Have not flown out of LBE, though it is an alternative to PIT, especially for those on the east side of Pittsburgh. One consideration - there are only two flights a day; one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. IF you get a mechanical or flight cancellation, you are REALLY stuck with no other alternatives. Again, not anything that is likely, but something to consider.

As for the 340, it's a turboprop with tight seating. But for a short hop up to DTW, it shouldn't be impossible to deal with.

Thanks or the info. I am definetly have to think about that some more. I really like the free parking, and short security lines though. Since I am extending my cruise on land, I will be parking for 9 days. That will be a lot of parking fees out of pittsurgh international.

Archived