Inside Liberty cabin vs. Outside Imagination..HELP!

I could use some advice! This will be our 3rd cruise, and we want to do NYE. Our choices are a 6 night cruise on the Liberty to Nassau (we've already been 2x), Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios or the 5 night Imagination to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. The price is comparable if we do an inside cabin on the Liberty, but we could afford an outside on the Imagination. Is the newer boat more worth the extra money? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

Is the newer boat more worth the extra money? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

To me, yes. Newer is better. I would go with Liberty. I personally didn't care for Imagination but then I had only been on Victory and Spirit prior to Imagination so I was a bit spoiled with the newer ships.

Enjoy your planning! :)

I have done both of those in the last 18 months, they were both awesome!!! If the prices are identical I would go Liberty, it has a supper club and the big outdoor screen. If you ever wanted to sail around Cuba, the Imagination will do it... Also I love Ocho Rios, in spite of what you hear from isolated incidents, it is a great place, do the ship excursion Cool Runnings sailboat to Dunn's

I will agree that the Liberty is the way to go. I don't feel a big difference in an ocean view cabin from an inside cabin so to be on a bigger newer ship and more days I would be all over the Liberty.

Wow you got the outside cabin even!!! I dont know why, but I look forward much more to the cruise when I have a little bit special cabin. I have a cabin that has a teensy blockage coming up, who cares, I can see out?? It just makes the cruise better to me. I know most dont think a OV worth the price, but I like them. Glad you got the cruise you wanted AND the outside cabin. WTG.

My opinion is to first stay away from Ocho Rios!! Very rude and dangerous there for Americans. But the main issue is that the newer ships are always better for us.....and can your travel agent get you a free upgrade to a balcony? Ours got us from balcony to suite on our 7/15/07 Liberty sailing. Good luck.

Archived