Best place to eat in Mahajual?

travgurl

We had a nice meal at Tapas, but when we return, I plan on contacting Chac-chi Resort and spend a day there. When we were there last March there was no one there and it is a really nice place. Some of the locals told me that the food was good but since the pier owners are trying to put the resort out of business, they can't staff the place unless they have knowledge of guest coming.

For more info on the "Hole-in-the-fence-gang", check out the Chac-chi thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the best place to eat in Mahajual? We will be there for the day real soon.

Had great service at Cat's Meow from our server Hugo and the food was fantastic. Best Coconut Shrimp I have EVER had. Beer was cheap and kept cold in your bucket for you. Can't wait to go back.

we just returned snd stopped by CHARLIE BROWN had a nice table on the beach, ate wonderful food (I believe came from Cats meow) the best ritas and buckets of beer, free chips/salsa with guac. had massages there waverunners etc we ate and drank like kings/queens and CHARLIE BROWN

ALWAYS THERE WITH A SMILE AND WONDERFUL SERVICE , we were so happy we stoppped here and enjoyed his spot. very clean area Costa Maya was our fav port....

We also had to stop at CATS MEOW just because of the boards. The owners were so nice met the cat too. and Larry mixed our drinks great food too. We enjoyed ourselves and were glad to stop by and say hello. very clean bathrooms and kitchen cleanest Ive ever seen.....

these 2 spots are next door to each other...

p.s be careful Im told by a local, some places use moonshine for tequilla and will mix your drink with that instead of the real deal.....the 2 above promised they would never do that and love cruise critic people.......

we were told by the ship the ice/water is good and safe from any one in the area. They do regulate it we were told that Carnival and Coke Co. pay for the testing. but they would not advise doing this from a vender selling from a bike or walking only from the local rest. like all the names you read here

Cats Meow, Charlie Brown Teq. Beach Qez etc....

we were told by the ship the ice/water is good and safe from any one in the area. They do regulate it we were told that Carnival and Coke Co. pay for the testing. but they would not advise doing this from a vender selling from a bike or walking only from the local rest. like all the names you read here

Cats Meow, Charlie Brown Teq. Beach Qez etc....

Good to know, thank you!

Curious...........what was the price range of a "nice" meal.....

Everyone has a different measure of "good price".......

Say for beer or shrimp or fajitas........

I always like to share several smaller plates. That way you can taste everything........

And...this way I willl know how much $$ to take on shore..

I'm not sure if I am just over cautious but we were in Costa Maya a few weeks ago on the Glory. I had read a lot about Cats Meow & the beaches on here. When we first got out of the taxi we walked around. I felt a bit lured in by one of the guys working at Charlie Brown. I just did not feel right. I dont know what it was. I could not get comfortable. So me and my fiance kind of "snuck" away. We had to do this because every time we even stood up I thought he was going to freak out. So after we snuck away we walked down a bit to look around then turned around and went to the Cats Meow. I told our waiter Jugo about how I felt uncomfortable with that guy and he said he would not allow him to bother us on their side of the beach. We felt sooo much more comfortable at Cats Meow. They were very friendly and were not pushy at all. After some fun in the water & some drinks we got the most relaxtng massages at the booth near by. I had a great time in Costa Maya. I was just curious if anyone else has encountered anything else like this at Charlie Brown or any other place in Costa Maya.

Lucy'smom...I was going to ask the very same question about a 'good price'.

Also has anyone ever gotten a 2 hour massage? If so, what was the price, how was it, do you get massages on a regular basis at home, how did the massage you received compare with the ones you get at home, where (location) and from whom did you get it in Costa Maya? So many questions and so little time in port! :D

Don

Archived