Help Please!! Hertz at Galveston

ajd184

Hi, we are travelling on Rhapsody from Galveston on Sunday 22nd July. We are flying into IAH on Sat 21st, and have booked a hire car from Hertz.

We are staying at a hotel half way down, with the view of arriving at Galveston at approx 10am on the Sunday Morning.

When I tried booking the drop off at the Cruise Terminal office for Hertz, apparently that was not allowed, and it needs to be dropped off at the Avenue L Office - This Office is apparently closed on Sundays.

We also have a car booked for the return journey on the 29th, which we ARE able to collect from the Cruise Terminal Hertz Office!!!! It appears that the cruise terminal office is open between 9am & 12pm on Sunday's.

So after all of that...does anyone know if they would accept the car at the cruise terminal office if I just turn up there on the morning of Sunday 22nd before 12pm.......or do they some how provide transfers to the cruise terminal from the Avenue L location on Sundays??

Thank you to anyone for their help.

Hi, we are travelling on Rhapsody from Galveston on Sunday 22nd July. We are flying into IAH on Sat 21st, and have booked a hire car from Hertz.

We are staying at a hotel half way down, with the view of arriving at Galveston at approx 10am on the Sunday Morning.

When I tried booking the drop off at the Cruise Terminal office for Hertz, apparently that was not allowed, and it needs to be dropped off at the Avenue L Office - This Office is apparently closed on Sundays.

We also have a car booked for the return journey on the 29th, which we ARE able to collect from the Cruise Terminal Hertz Office!!!! It appears that the cruise terminal office is open between 9am & 12pm on Sunday's.

So after all of that...does anyone know if they would accept the car at the cruise terminal office if I just turn up there on the morning of Sunday 22nd before 12pm.......or do they some how provide transfers to the cruise terminal from the Avenue L location on Sundays??

Thank you to anyone for their help.

From what I recall you cannot drop the car off at the cruise terminal. Also be aware that the Hertz office at the port is located in the terminal which Carnival uses. So if there is no Carnival ship in port the day you are in Galveston then the Hertz office at the port will be closed. We used the Hertz office which was located on Broadway. They picked us up at the port after our cruise and drove us back to their office on Broadway which is where we picked up our car. Another option is Enterprise which is across the street from Hertz on Broadway. They'll also shuttle you back and forth.

Archived