Coke Card (Sticker)

robertsc1966

Hello,

I've been on Princess twice before, but I haven't paid attention to the soda products offered on board (I don't really care about Coke versus Pepsi, I'll drink either). However, I booked a Caribbean Princess cruise for my boyfriend and myself for November and he drinks Diet Pepsi pretty obsessively. :rolleyes:

It's his first cruise so of course I want everything to go perfectly. I was thinking of getting the Coke card for myself, but maybe stocking our mini-fridge with Diet Pepsi from a Florida convenience store before we board if no Pepsi products are available. Also, will I need to "smuggle" the Pepsi onboard or is it OK?

Hello,

I've been on Princess twice before, but I haven't paid attention to the soda products offered on board (I don't really care about Coke versus Pepsi, I'll drink either). However, I booked a Caribbean Princess cruise for my boyfriend and myself for November and he drinks Diet Pepsi pretty obsessively. :rolleyes:

It's his first cruise so of course I want everything to go perfectly. I was thinking of getting the Coke card for myself, but maybe stocking our mini-fridge with Diet Pepsi from a Florida convenience store before we board if no Pepsi products are available. Also, will I need to "smuggle" the Pepsi onboard or is it OK?

You can bring as much non-alcoholic drinks as you wish. No one will bother you at all.

You may also want to bring him a big thermal mug. That way he can fill his mug up with his Pepsi product and ice and take it with him where ever he goes.

You can also restock on Pepsi while in port :D

I am a big fan of Pepsi, particularly their Mt. Dew product and I will buy a few 20ouncers in a port and bring them on board. Never had a problem finding Pepsi products in a port, or bringing them on board. I have sometimes bought the soda card, because I might get something else to drink other then Coke.

I hope he enjoys the cruise!

My father is an addicted Pepsi fan. He is adapting to Coke products due to his cruise addiction... I'm not suggesting that for your boyfriend, but I wanted to comment on the ease of finding Pepsi products in your ports of call. Caribbean Pepsi products do not taste quite the same as "home-based" Pepsi products. Dad bought some in the Bahamas... canned in the Bahamas. Tasted a little strange. (Just be aware... is he up for the adventure?)

Gently peel it off and place it on your forehead directly between the the eyebrows (if you only have one please try to center it). Leave in place until your next cruise. The first bartender you see will reapply to you card :D :p :D

What is the approved method of removing the sticker so I can use it for my next cruise?:rolleyes:

I agree it is dishonest to try to use the same sticker on 2 seperate cruises but totally disagree about bringing alcohol onboard. The cruise lines are pricing themselves out of the market with what they try to sell drinks for. Most cruise lines buy their alcohol in St. Thomas where there is no tax on the product and then resell it to us for the same price as a land based, fully taxed establishment.

Whats next, no bringing bathins suits onboard as we sell them in the gift shop. Please bring no suntan products as we sell them in the gift shop. We now confiscate all cigarettes as we also sell these in the gift shop. Please also leave your jewerly home as if you really feel you need to wear jewerly please purchase from us. It is endless.....

I agree it is dishonest to try to use the same sticker on 2 seperate cruises but totally disagree about bringing alcohol onboard. The cruise lines are pricing themselves out of the market with what they try to sell drinks for. Most cruise lines buy their alcohol in St. Thomas where there is no tax on the product and then resell it to us for the same price as a land based, fully taxed establishment.

Whats next, no bringing bathins suits onboard as we sell them in the gift shop. Please bring no suntan products as we sell them in the gift shop. We now confiscate all cigarettes as we also sell these in the gift shop. Please also leave your jewerly home as if you really feel you need to wear jewerly please purchase from us. It is endless.....

Would you "over indulge" in swimming suits, cigarettes, suntan lotion or jewlery? I really think that in addition to the booze being a pretty good profit center they are also trying whatever they can do to monitor consumption.

Would you "over indulge" in swimming suits, cigarettes, suntan lotion or jewlery? I really think that in addition to the booze being a pretty good profit center they are also trying whatever they can do to monitor consumption.

Come on Ralphie you cannot be serious in thinking Princess, or any cruise line, want passengers to be abstemious drinkers, their main aim is to make sure we spend as much as possible with them and not the airport duty free shop.

That's just as dishonest as bringing your own booze onboard.

Actually, not dishonest at all. Princess says that you can bring wine or champagne onboard. Additionally, they are able to check bags at will and can remove any additional alcohol that people pack or bring on the ship. According to most cruisers that post on this board Princess has no problem with folks bringing on alcohol.

Personally I would leave the policies up to the cruise line and not worry about it.

What is the approved method of removing the sticker so I can use it for my next cruise?:rolleyes:

If you can afford to cruise, you should buy one just like most people do. Some people will try anything.

If you can afford to cruise, you should buy one just like most people do. Some people will try anything.

Remember that old Gallo ad

"But Worthington, why are you drinking Gallo? I thought you were rich!" Rich guy winks, raises his glass and says, "How do you think I got so rich?"

from

http://thecablegame.blogspot.com/2005/12/bitter-honey.html

Get%20a%20Life%20Web.jpg

Archived