Who here is close enough to drive to your port...

On my cruise in May, I sailed out of New Orleans. I work for an airline and can fly standby. But since I was only a little over five hours from port, I decided to drive.

I love to drive. All I need is some great music, my small cooler filled with cold drinks and some goldfish to eat.

I left home late morning and got to New Orleans a little after 5 p.m.

The last time that I drove to port was the Friday after 9/11 and we had to choice but to drive. We were sailing out of Miami. But there were five drivers and we all took turns.

If my car was in better condition, I would prefer to drive to Fort Lauderdale next year. I grew up taking road trips and love to drive.

We're cruising out of San Diego for our next cruise, it's only about 30 miles farther than LA for us. We've cruised out of LA a number of times, but almost always to the same old place, Mexico.

I can't stand to be cooped up in a car and not able to move around. At least in an airplane or airport we can stand up for a few minutes every hour or so. I'd rather fly if it is more than a 4 hour drive.

We drive to Galveston from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If I drive it takes about 5 hours. Sometimes we drive down the nite before and sometimes the day of, depends on our mood, the weather and how much we want to to spend.

We are thinking about driving to New Orleans for a cruise next fall.

Archived