free "trolley" in SJU?

39august

I think I have read in the past that there is a green trolley you can ride all around the city and that it is free. Where can we catch this trolley from the cruise dock and is there such a trolley?

We were there 3 days and 2 nights and only saw a trolley once.....and we were walking faster than it was going ----- sometimes the traffic in old San Juan can be horrendous.

Just do a websearch for " TROLLEY OLD SAN JUAN " and lots of links will come up...... including a route map.....

It only goes around OLD San Juan... about 15 square blocks.....not into the newer San Juan (which is a city of over a million people)

Yes, that is a photo of the trolley, but the picture is copyrighted by the folks at Travel and Sports.

Travel and Sports, Inc. (TAS) makes its photography available on a rights managed, commercial, one time use basis. For access email kevin.coursey@travelandsports.com with the details of your intended use. You may also download a sample of our licensing agreement here: Sample License

Due credit should be given for any photos posted anywhere that are not your own.

gary

And yes, as a software programmer and a photographer, I care very much about Intellectual Property Rights.

Thanks for posting the picture . . . I see that you sent us to the photographer's website. Seems, to a layman (neither attorney nor professional photographer) like appropriate citation.

If I recall correctly, there was also a red trolley that tokk a similar but slightly differant route. The traffic is heavy, and near stationary, so walking may be quicker. But at the end of a long day, a ride is nice.

The Trolly have 2 lines. One leaving across a street from the ship terminal (2 block east of old San Juan Sheraton) to the City Hall (city Center), from there you can take anothe Trolley right in front of Walgreen to the old fort. Yes, the trolley is free, but they are not running all around the city (old San Juan).

Yes, that is a photo of the trolley, but the picture is copyrighted by the folks at Travel and Sports.

Travel and Sports, Inc. (TAS) makes its photography available on a rights managed, commercial, one time use basis. For access email kevin.coursey@travelandsports.com with the details of your intended use. You may also download a sample of our licensing agreement here: Sample License

Due credit should be given for any photos posted anywhere that are not your own.

gary

And yes, as a software programmer and a photographer, I care very much about Intellectual Property Rights.

When I did a search for Trolley San Juan I clicked on the link for Travel and Sports. No where did I see anything that said anything was copyrighted. I know I have signed up to receive info from the Travel and Sports website where I found this pic..... so I guess I thought I could pass it on. Seems like they would tell ya (in words you can understand and in a place you will see) you can't copy and paste them. THEY DO TELL YOU THAT THE INFO YOU GET IS SUITABLE FOR PRINTING.... and they include pics in that info..... and I have made copies and "passed them on" tons !!!

Two trolleys can be found at the waterfront by the bus terminal. One will be marked Plaza de Armas and goes to the square and back. The other will

say El Morro and makes a loop by the forts. If unsure, just ask. Lots of

friendly people, always willing to help.

Archived