Cabin near the Lifts/Elevators? Pro v Con?

Workmom2

We are booked with an obstructed view cabin on Golden- Emerald deck. The cabin is right near the the lifts (I am not sure what thoses are) and the elevators ( do know what those are!:).

Has anyone else stayed in a cabin in that area- will it be super noisey?

In heavy pitching seas, you may hear the elevator cabins banging about in their shafts. We certainly heard them on a Golden trans-Atlantic, 8-02, that was a very rough crossing. We had bow slap spray raining down on our balcony on Caribe Deck (forward), and several windows along Prom Deck shattered while the ship was fighting for headway.

In normal seas, usually a very quiet area, except for the occasional boisterous passenger(s).

I wouldn't think you should have much of a problem. You will be in a higher traffic area so may get some people noise from that. The lifts/elevators (same thing) won't be distracting. Have a grand cruise.

We have had many cabins where we were located by the elevators and never had a problem. Oh once in awhile when people come off of them and are talking but it is only for a few seconds and then quiet.

Marilyn

Thanks all! We got a fantastic deal on this cruise and really could not afford not to travel:)

Can't wait and thanks for sharing what lift was referring to- I had an idea that was it, but you never know!

We were in A701 and never heard any noise from the elevators and stairs. Now the fighting couple in the room next door, them we heard on the first night. They must have made up because we didn't hear anything after that.

Being close to the elevators - or more accurately close to the stairs - was very convenient for getting around.

The cabin is right near the the lifts (I am not sure what thoses are) and the elevators ( do know what those are!:).

An elevator is a lift as is a dumbwaiter. No, not the dopey person in the dining room.

The area is also near the stairwells. There are bound to be people using this area. Kids may run and scream up and down the stairs. Late at night there might be the loud folks returning from a grand night out.

All and all, I always get a cabin a few doors away from this area.

Archived