cc sofa bed infinity

Go2See

Hello,

Has anyone slept on one of the sofa beds in cc class recently? Are they more on the hard side? Do they sag and have the infamous sofa bed bar across them?

What is the cabin like when the bed is out and the other bed is 2 twins?

Thank you for any info!

Lisa

We were in an inside cabin that allowed 5 people because we had that convertible sofa couch. Unfortunately, we didn't need the sofa because we only had 4 people in the room (we had 2 bunks), so I can't tell you how comfortable (or uncomfortable) that sofa bed is. What I can tell you is that although the CC class room have 30 sq ft more space than the inside cabin, from the brochure drawings of the 2 rooms, the available storage space was the same between the 2 rooms (unless you want to store your suitcases outdoors.

This is the biggest difference between an inside cabin on a Princess Grand class ship and the Infinity. Although the Infinity inside cabins are purportedly to have a larger cabin space than Princess, it had less storage space. We had 2 smaller rolling suitcases, a large duffle bag (the kind that rolls) and a large rolling suitcase for the 4 of us (2 small children and 2 adults), but we had no space to put our suitcases after we partially emptied our bags. We had to put the 2 smaller suitcases under the beds. Then the duffle bag was placed on the floor to the side of one bed. There were only one space left for the large suitcase--right on the sofa. The closet floor was too small for the large suitcase and besides, we needed the closet floor for the shoes and other carry-on bags. So for the duration of our stay, we did not see the sofa. Our large suitcase was on it.

BTW, if the sofa bed is laid out, the chair to the dressing table/desk would have to be moved elsewhere. Basically, not too much walking around the room once the sofa bed is turned down.

The bunks were relatively comfortable.

We were in an inside cabin that allowed 5 people because we had that convertible sofa couch. Unfortunately, we didn't need the sofa because we only had 4 people in the room (we had 2 bunks), so I can't tell you how comfortable (or uncomfortable) that sofa bed is. What I can tell you is that although the CC class room have 30 sq ft more space than the inside cabin, from the brochure drawings of the 2 rooms, the available storage space was the same between the 2 rooms (unless you want to store your suitcases outdoors.

This is the biggest difference between an inside cabin on a Princess Grand class ship and the Infinity. Although the Infinity inside cabins are purportedly to have a larger cabin space than Princess, it had less storage space. We had 2 smaller rolling suitcases, a large duffle bag (the kind that rolls) and a large rolling suitcase for the 4 of us (2 small children and 2 adults), but we had no space to put our suitcases after we partially emptied our bags. We had to put the 2 smaller suitcases under the beds. Then the duffle bag was placed on the floor to the side of one bed. There were only one space left for the large suitcase--right on the sofa. The closet floor was too small for the large suitcase and besides, we needed the closet floor for the shoes and other carry-on bags. So for the duration of our stay, we did not see the sofa. Our large suitcase was on it.

BTW, if the sofa bed is laid out, the chair to the dressing table/desk would have to be moved elsewhere. Basically, not too much walking around the room once the sofa bed is turned down.

The bunks were relatively comfortable.

For future reference, if your suitcases won't fit, just ask your room steward to store them for you until the last day.

Ok, I will tell my mom and sis to scale back on luggage.. so I of course can be the luggage pig... kidding!

I still hope to hear from someone who has slept on one of the sofa beds.....

Meanwhile thank you!

We were in an inside cabin on the Infinity in the same room for 29 days as we did back to back cruises from Ft. Lauderdale to SanDiego and then SanDiego to Hawaii and back.

I am just over 6 feet tall and weigh 290 pounds. With the sofa bed open in the evening there was just enough room to squeeze by the bed.

The bed itself was very comfortable, and I didn't have any problems. We always use a room mainly to sleep in and spend the rest of the time in the gym, lounge, public areas etc.

Great bargain.

:)

I slept on the sofa bed on Millennium and it was very comfortable, no complaints from me at all. I had no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. The only problem was when the sofa bed was opened, it was difficult to go out to the balcony.

Archived