stingray swim

golferdog

we'll be doing the Pearl in Oct. and would like to do a stingray swim. Can anyone tell me which island has the best setup for that--Antigua or Grand Cayman? We're late 60's so the least strenuous the better

we'll be doing the Pearl in Oct. and would like to do a stingray swim. Can anyone tell me which island has the best setup for that--Antigua or Grand Cayman? We're late 60's so the least strenuous the better

Stingray City in Grand Cayman is the original and the best.

Stingray city is great, but there are a few other companies out there offering similar tour at a much better price, either way, you will want to do it in Grand Cayman. We did this on a cruise a couple of years ago, one of the most fun tours we have ever done.

Nita

Stingray City in Grand Cayman was very cool. Water is not deep at all (waist high - maybe a little higher) and you walk around rather than swim so it isn't very strenuous. I'd definitely book through the cruise line as it is a bus ride and boat ride out there and you wouldn't want to be left behind. It is well worth the price.

Stingray city is great, but there are a few other companies out there offering similar tour at a much better price, either way, you will want to do it in Grand Cayman. We did this on a cruise a couple of years ago, one of the most fun tours we have ever done.

Nita

Stingray City is the name of the location where the stingrays are found, not any company.

nobody answered your specific question, so i will try to here. Antigua's will be less of a work out no matter the weather or number of cruise ships in town. i have spoken to people who tried to get to the one in cayman and couldn't because of the numbers of boats there. stingray city antigua is co-owned by one of the biggest operators from cayman and is unique because it is a secure location that has some control over the numbers of people that come there. Apart from their organized cruise groups, they only allow one other tour to come there and that is in between the organized ship tours. email them for more info on their cruise or private tours that run in between the ship tours at stingray@candw.ag

We haven't been to Grand Cayman, so can't compare, but we did do the Stingray City excursion through NCL in March and thoroughly enjoyed it. We looked into doing it independently (we rarely do cruiseline excursions), but the site is on the opposite side of the island and by the time we paid for our own transportation, the cost was about the same to go through the cruiseline.

70822-R1-24-24A_025.jpg.5e5336bb575bb1a9e418aba9d2fdf075.jpg

Archived