Hotel St. Marie & Byanna's (sp?)

trish1c

We're thinking of doing a package in January. It includes 3 days at the Hotel St. Marie, described as being located in the heart of the "Vieux Carre".

Does anybody know anything about it?

Also when I was last in NO some years ago, we ate at a marvelous resturant about 1-2 blocks out of the French Quarter / not really in the warehouse district, called Byanna's or Bianna's I don't remember the spelling. Is it still there? Does anyone have the phone # for reservations? Thanks.

Trish

It is indeed in the heart of the French Quarter, at Bourbon and Toulouse. It looks nice from the outside. There is a website

[url="http://www.tripadvisor.com"]www.tripadvisor.com[/url]

where you can probably get opinions from people who have stayed there. I expect it might be a little noisy, being on Bourbon Street.

The only restaurant I can think of that sounds like the one you mentioned is Bayona. It is Susan Spicer's flagship restaurant, and is great. It has been in the French Quarter on Dauphine Street (430) for as long as I can remember, though. Their number is (504) 525-4455.

I found it too. Bayona is the right place! Thank you. I loved it last time I was there.

Do you think if I call now, I'll still be able to book a table in late January? I had an "in" the last time.

Trish

Bayona is pretty popular, but you shouldn't have any problems getting a reservation that far out unless it is booked for a private party.

My boundries for lodging is Royal St. I would never consider Bourbon. As mentioned it is extremely noisy, BUT worse are the "odors" and the early morning next day cleaning- with the grease pit trucks.

• 2 months later...
Stayed at the Hotel St. Marie and it was very quiet, no smells or anything. Rooms are large and most overlook the coutyard or street. Service was great from the valet to maids. It was great being a half block off burbon and 5 blocks to Canal st.(easy walking) Lots of good resturants to chose from right in the area.

Archived