Juneau Glacier Hiking Options

Jodydavis

Hi all,

Another Juneau excursion question: any suggestions for independent glacier hiking tour operators? Looking for some day hikes that are on the more adventurous side. Thanks in advance!

Joe.

There are many hikes from Mendenhall Glacier. If you do a google search and find the Mendenhall Glacier website, they describe in detail the trails, including the length in miles and in average hiking time. The East Glacier trail is supposed to be very nice - about 3 hours. There are several that are longer if you are more ambitious. As many describe on the site, there are shuttle buses that cost $12 round trip pp to the Glacier center. There are also other hikes around town described on the Juneau tourism site........All of what I mentioned here could be done on your own......

My husband and brother booked a helicopter glacier walkabout with NorthStar Trekking. We booked through Princess because then they'll be picked up right at the ship. There are three tours, and they picked the first as it is the easiest - senior citizens you know!

My husband and brother booked a helicopter glacier walkabout with NorthStar Trekking. We booked through Princess because then they'll be picked up right at the ship. There are three tours, and they picked the first as it is the easiest - senior citizens you know!

They also pick up independent bookings at the ship.

Archived