Radiance balcony dilema

VJS

I have the choice of Radiance cabin #1060 or hump cabin#1556. Has anyone stayed in either one? While 1060 has a bigger balcony, it seems like it might not have as good of view. Also, looks 1060 does not have a wall of windows to look out of room, but rather two separate window/doors with wall dividing two. Would love to see some balcony pics. Thanks

I prefer the hump area to the afts. Less motion midships and the convenience....can't beat it! It's a long walk to the aft area and there are no stairs or elevators back there. Plus, the outside seating for the Windjammer looks down onto the aft balconies. Granted, if you stay close to your balcony door, you will have privacy, but about 1/2 of the aft balcony is in full view from the upper decks.

If you mean 1600 perhaps I can help. We have not stayed in that cabin but I have been in it. I am a covered/partially covered balcony person so I really cannot recommend that cabin. The cabin is lovely, of course, but the balcony is more open so in inclement weather you would not find shelter like the other afts offer. Under almost any other circumstance I would recommend a corner aft, but not this time. We were a couple of cabins away on the Radiance in Alaska last year and the aft cabins are truly heavenly when sailing the Inside Passage and viewing Hubbard Glacier, so if you are heading to the 49th state take 1600 and make friends with your next door neighbors so that you can have the best of both worlds.

We had very smooth seas and really did not feel any motion or soot from the smoke stacks as some ships seem to produce. We heard almost nothing from the aft bar and rarely saw anyone leaning over the balcony.

Presently we are waitlisted for an aft for our next cruise and have reserved an aft for an '08 sailing. After 20 something cruises I think we have finally found the best place for us.

Enjoy your cruise no matter what cabin you end up in.

Archived