Sea Grape, Royal Palm or Colony Beach club

di43

I know this has been asked more than once, but which beach is the BEST out of the three above. I've already been to Colony beach club and have to say it wasn't that bad. Granted, we were only in Cayman for half the day, so didn't really feel that crowded. The Legend is the only ship in port the day we are there, so cruise crowds should not be a problem. Which has the least amount of rocks and seweed? Thanks in advance to all!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested too. We're looking for a clean beach with free admission, where we can rent chairs/umbrella cheaply, and can have access to reasonably prices refreshments and maybe parasailing or jetskis.

And this may be a dumb question, but can we pay in US dollars?

And, how much is the taxi fare from the tender pier?

I'd pick Royal Palms and Sea Grape over Colony Beach Club. Royal Palms is closer to the port area, than Sea Grape. I think they both offer about the same thing. There's a recent thread discussing the food. A CC member just returned and had a wonderful time at RP.

I believe a cab is about $4 per person each way (to Royal Palms), and I believe it's $5 per person each way to Sea Grape. If you do go to Sea Grape, allow yourself some extra time to get back. It seems like everytime we're down that way, traffic is tied up (especially around the Ritz).

You can use USD for your purchases, but you may get CD as change. We pretty much always use credit cards when we are in Cayman and have no problems. When you get your bill, ask the waiter for the USD amount. Many of the places have cash registers that will do this for you, and if not, your waiter can just write the amount on the ticket. I always wanted to know exactly what we were spending. Also, most restaurants/bars will automoatically add on a tip...so look for this. You don't want to double tip (which we have done before).

As for rocks and seaweed...I don't know which beach would have the best sand...we always stay in the beach area in front of our condo. Hopefully another poster will come along with that info for you. :)

di43...There will be no crowds for you. With only one ship in port you'll be able to do what you want...totally crowd free. Enjoy!!!

Here's RP website...

http://www.reefgrill.com/pages/cruiseinformation.html

Thank - this is great info!

What is the cost of chair/umbrella rental?

How about parasailing and jetskiing?

The only thing we've done is rent jetskis. We did this at the Marriott (which is right next door to where we stay) through Red Sail, and I want to say it's around $75 for a half an hour, but I don't know if this is the same outfit that's at the other places. But it's probably in that neighborhood price wise.

It seems like I've read that chairs are $5 or so, but I could be wrong. I don't know about parasailing. We've not done that in GC.

Edited to add...I just found this thread. Pugsy&Porter went to Royal Palms and posted info about their day there. Her post is towards the bottom of the thread. There's also posts that contain info about the food there, and the costs. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=584379

Archived