Glory Eastern or Liberty Eastern?

gtalum

I'm trying to decide on a cruise for September 2008. Given a choice between the following two Eastern Caribbean cruises, which would you pick, and why?

Carnival Glory - Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

Carnival Liberty - Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

I think Nassau is really not worth the stop and I don't remember being excited by San Juan either. I don't plan on getting off the ship in Nassau in Sept. Since I have never been to Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay, I might do that one, although I am booked on Glory for Sept.

We did the Glory in February - it was a wonderful cruise. We love St. Martin. I agree with the other post that San Juan and Nassau are both not ports I care to stop at. We like the extra sea day so that is why we choose the Glory. Have not been to Grand Turk but have heard it is wonderful and Half Moon Cay might be as nice as a sea day, it's just more of a beach day.

I'm sure that whatever one you pick you will have a great time!

Thanks for the responses.

I agree, I'm not excited about either Nassau or San Juan. I also have no real interest in half Moon Cay. I'm really trying to decide between St. Maarten and Grand Turk.

As you can see by my prematurely inserted countdown I'm leaning toward Glory, because I want to see St. Maarten, Port Canaveral is slightly closer to me than Miami and seems like an easier port for embarkation, and I like the extra sea day. However, I'm torn because Liberty is newer, has the Carnival Seaside Theater, and I also want to see Grand Turk.

The difficulty is in weighing all of these factors! :)

Thanks for the responses.

I agree, I'm not excited about either Nassau or San Juan. I also have no real interest in half Moon Cay. I'm really trying to decide between St. Maarten and Grand Turk.

As you can see by my prematurely inserted countdown I'm leaning toward Glory, because I want to see St. Maarten, Port Canaveral is slightly closer to me than Miami and seems like an easier port for embarkation, and I like the extra sea day. However, I'm torn because Liberty is newer, has the Carnival Seaside Theater, and I also want to see Grand Turk.

The difficulty is in weighing all of these factors! :)

We were on the Glory 6/23-6/30 and I don't think I would pass up St. Marten for a seaside theater. The Glory is a wonderful ship and there wasn't alot of visible wear and tear. Also there is no comparison when it comes to embarkation. Port Canaveral is in a different league than Miami.

We did not care for Nassau either. We walked over to the Hilton (10-15 minute walk) and payed $15pp for a day pass and used their private beach and pool. Or, you can do the same thing at the Wyndam on Cable Beach by taking a taxi. Alot cheaper than an excursion.

You can't go wrong either way, but my choice would be the Glory.

Archived