NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I just called the latitudes desk also. They are getting bomebarded with calls. I gave them my name, phone # and last 4 digits of my CC. and how many missing points. They told me they will investigate my account and call me back in 3-5 days. I was also told don't mail anything to Charlotte NC until I hear from them.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am guessing that most cardholders did not get the correct certificates! I'll bet they are getting bombarded with calls!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am guessing that most cardholders did not get the correct certificates! I'll bet they are getting bombarded with calls!

cbreeze, thats what the NCL latitudes agent told me, that the phone hasn't stopped ringing about this problem.

He also asked me for my reservation #.

I said what if I miss the call and he said to call them back in 5 business days.

We shall see!!!

I urge EVERYONE to call the LATITUDES desk at 1-800-343-0098!

Following up on my earlier comment... after reading the messages that people called the Latitudes desk and got some encouraging information, I decided to try that too.

My first call to 800-343-0098, after punching some buttons, was answered by a woman claiming to be in the "reservations department", and her department didn't have anything to do with the Compass Rewards and that I needed to call the NCL Guest Relations department at 866-625-1164. I tried calling Guest Relations, but they were closed for the day.

I made another attempt at 800-343-0098, punched different buttons, and the call was answered by another woman claiming to be in the "reservations department". I told her "oh, you're not going to be able to help me with Compass Rewards issues, then?" and she said "No, that's my department too". So I explained the issue with my points and she claimed that we SHOULD BE RECEIVING ANOTHER LETTER IN 5 DAYS, that the first batch was just the upgrades, and the second batch is the $500 certificates. We just need to sit back and be patient, basically.

I pressed her on that, noting that the letter says "final certificates" and "final compass reward balance", and then she changed her tune a bit. She said "okay, what's really going on is that neither Bank of America nor Norwegian Cruise Lines employees have access to the database with that information anymore. We have no way to look it up, and we have no idea what's going on. We're getting a large amount of calls on this. I'm hoping that the 'first' letter that went out is simply worded wrong and the point counts are what you have when you deduct your $500 certificates, and that the 'second' letter will have what was deducted, but again, we don't really know." I told her that didn't make sense, since I was at the 1,000 point annual limit, but my letter said I had '2' points, and she said: "If you don't see anything in 5 days, you will need to write a letter to the address:"

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tryon St

Charlotte NC 28255

Her name was Ashley, NCL employee in the Arizona office.

Oh--forgot to mention: At no point did she take my full name, Latitudes Number, or Credit Card Number.

Edited by yankprintster
Added last line.

Mine came today. I had close to 900 points and all they sent me was one $100 certificate....

So are we calling NCL or BofA?

Thanks.

Call NCL, they are only open til 8pmEST. and press prompt #5, general latitudes help questions.

YEAH...Mine came today and they were right!!! My billing period ends around the 5th or so of the month. We had $1000 credit coming plus some through the end of December. We got the two $500 certificates plus a $100 upgrade one and our points were only 58 over the 1000. So keep watching for the mail and be positive...they are coming!;)

YEAH...Mine came today and they were right!!! My billing period ends around the 5th or so of the month. We had $1000 credit coming plus some through the end of December. We got the two $500 certificates plus a $100 upgrade one and our points were only 58 over the 1000. So keep watching for the mail and be positive...they are coming!;)

Did the $500 certificates and the upgrade certificate come in the same envelope?

Ours also came today, We got the one $500 certificates due us plus a 100 upgrade one and our total was less than 600 points. They rounded up our points and we got the 100 point upgrade certificate we didn't expect to get, the 500 and 100 certificates came on the same page.

Well, I called 866 266 0212 and the guy there told me that they had gotten a lot of calls regarding messed up points and certs. He said the only way to get it corrected is to write a letter and open an investigation. He said that they can't see my account any longer, which I am calling BS on...I can see my statement that clearly show how many points I had at the end of Dec. I told the rep I think it's crappy that BOA KNOWS there is a problem and that the consumers are having to do the leg work through written correspndance.

The address he gave me is the one that has been listed before, but for a reminder, :

NCL Compass Rewards

NCL-022-17-01

201 N Tyron St

Charlotte NC 28255

This just reminds me why I closed my bank account with BOA years ago and why I was hesitant to open this card!

I posted this in the "Compas Rewards Program Ends" thread, but think many will find it useful here as well.

BOA screwed me as well. I've only received three 100 point certificates on one of my accounts, stating I only had 250 points in my account. I should have received one $500 certificate because I should have earned an additional 250 points from the time of my closing statement until December 31st.

While I know BOA is trying to take the stance that you couldn't earn points past your December statement date, that is a violation of their own terms and conditions for the card (and even NCL seems to be supporting that you were eligible to earn points through December 31st).

The Compass Rewards Program Rules specifically state (in Section 13 on pages 6 and 7):

Changing the Terms of the Program - FIA Services, N.A. and/or NCL may from time to time change or limit any aspect of the Program; amend the Program Rules, restrictions, benefits or features, in whole or in part; discontinue or replace any Reward with another of lesser, equal or greater value; or modify, delete or terminate any or all of the Program, Rewards, benefits or special features. Changes may affect outstanding transactions and Points, and may include, but are not limited to, the number of Points required to receive Rewards, and the maximum number of Points which may be earned per month or year. In the case of termination of the Program, you may continue earning Points for ninety (90) days from the date notice of termination of the program is mailed. One hundred twenty (120) days from the date notice of termination of the Program is mailed, if your cumulative total of available Points is sufficient to qualify, and you meet all other eligibility requirements described in the Program Rules, then we will send you the appropriate number of Certificates. Each Certificate issued in connection with the termination of the Program will be honored by NCL, Orient, and/or Star for three hundred sixty-five (365) days from its date of issue.
We were all notified in letters dated October 1st. 90 days from October 1st is December 31st.

I think we need to make them stick to their own Program Rules. Use their own Rules against them in your letters and phone calls and DO NOT allow them to try to push through the inability to earn points after your December statement closing date.

Edited by Preds

We received our certificates in the correct ammounts. Both the $500s and $100s in the same envelope. We had worked with BofA earlier to combine two accounts into one and then verified twice that the compass reward value was a combination of the two accounts. So, not certain if that may have had something to do with getting things accurate early on.

We may never know.

If you have problems though, keep calling until they get it right. The old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" certainly seems to be the case in this situation.

Good luck!

Add me to the growing list of BOA card holders in search of missing points.

My Dec. statement (12/20) showed 999 pts. Missed the 1000 pts.that month with a late posting purchase.

I charged $1,427.63 (non ncl) between 12/21 thru 12/31. $300 of which did not post till 1/03. 1,427.63 x .03 = 42.82 or 43 points, or even subtracting the late posting $300 it would still work out to at the very least an additional 34 points.

The minimum combined points total should have totaled 1033 pts. which should have resulted in 2 - $500 certificates and a useless 1 category upgrade.

All I got was the useless upgrade certificate. My letter is composed and ready to mail to the Tryon address tomorrow hopefully this will be straightened out before my final payment in July! One bit of good news they got the stupid World Points correct on the 12/20- 1/20 statement, though I have no plans to use them.

Edited by oLEEander

What a fustercluck this is turning out to be.

I give NCL some small kudos for rounding up to the next $100 certificate; it's something they didn't have to do but it was a nice gesture. Of course, that's now completely overshadowed by the tremendous number of mistakes they/BofA have made.

I heard they're having trouble selling cruises right now; maybe they can put all of us former Compass Rewards program members on a free cruise to compensate for all this hassle. :p Though the way things have been going, they'd probably forget to fuel up the ship, the freezers onboard would fail causing the meat to spoil, norovirus would break out, and all ports would be cancelled due to inclement weather.

I am unclear on how NCL can resolve this, since they don't have access to our credit card info.. Can you clarify? Also what time zone are the hours 8 AM to 8 PM?

The time is Eastern.

B of A did the points each statement and forwarded the information to NCL who in the past issued the certificates. On December 31, 2008 it was the final day for Compass Reward Employees with NCL. They have all been released by NCL.

What was not communicated between B of A and NCL was that B of A did not have a system to calculate Compass Reward programs after 12/31/08 and to communicate to NCL what the earned Compass Rewards from the December closing date to 12/31/08.

So if your statement closed on 12/7/08 all Compass Rewards between 12/8/08 to 12/31/08 were never calculated. NCL felt by rounding up this would stop complaints, except the month of December is usually high useage of credit cards for Christmas, so NCL blew it.

This will not be the first time NCL has ran into Class Action Activity, at one time they overcharged for Port Fees and had to give credit for future cruises because of this error.

It is time for them to start running their business like the government and provide services.

The time is Eastern.

B of A did the points each statement and forwarded the information to NCL who in the past issued the certificates. On December 31, 2008 it was the final day for Compass Reward Employees with NCL. They have all been released by NCL.

What was not communicated between B of A and NCL was that B of A did not have a system to calculate Compass Reward programs after 12/31/08 and to communicate to NCL what the earned Compass Rewards from the December closing date to 12/31/08.

So if your statement closed on 12/7/08 all Compass Rewards between 12/8/08 to 12/31/08 were never calculated. NCL felt by rounding up this would stop complaints, except the month of December is usually high useage of credit cards for Christmas, so NCL blew it.

This will not be the first time NCL has ran into Class Action Activity, at one time they overcharged for Port Fees and had to give credit for future cruises because of this error.

It is time for them to start running their business like the government and provide services.

Well, this explaniation really doesn't make sense, since most of us recieved the worthless upgrade certificate for the point earned from mid Deceber through the end of December, but did not recieve any certificates for what we earned before mid December, which is most of them. I will see what my phone calls turn up today, if anything. It sure would be nice if BOA had all their reps giving out the same (Tryon/Tyron) address...

Great: 5 $500 certificates plus an upgrade coupon for my card that hasn't been used since Nov., 2008.

Poor: 1 upgrade certificate for the 500+ points I had on the new card I diligently used until Dec. 31st. It looks like the problems arose when we all kept charging until the end of the fiscal year. Class action suit, I say! Let's wait a week and see what happens.

BTW- both cards are retired.

Great: 5 $500 certificates plus an upgrade coupon for my card that hasn't been used since Nov., 2008.

Poor: 1 upgrade certificate for the 500+ points I had on the new card I diligently used until Dec. 31st. It looks like the problems arose when we all kept charging until the end of the fiscal year. Class action suit, I say! Let's wait a week and see what happens.

As someone stated earlier, you end up with nothing in a class action suit. I think we should work with NCL (and BOA for whatever that is worth) and see if it gets straightened out. If things don't get corrected by March 31, then I think we should let NCL/BOA know that we are all going to the media in our areas for some consumer action spots on local TV stations (and if enough local stations are contacted, nationial stations may address this). I think that will be enough to get this corrected!

I would think we should wait a month or two until we all get the correct certificates, then contact a class action attorney. While our certificates might then be correct, just imagine all the other people that either don't know how badly Bank of America messed up, or just don't care to jump through all the hurdles that Bank of America is making us jump through.

Good luck to everyone for a quick and easy resolution!!

I would think we should wait a month or two until we all get the correct certificates, then contact a class action attorney. While our certificates might then be correct, just imagine all the other people that either don't know how badly Bank of America messed up, or just don't care to jump through all the hurdles that Bank of America is making us jump through.

Good luck to everyone for a quick and easy resolution!!

Lyman713- See my idea above! With a class action suit, we would all be lucky just to get a SMALL OBC,next to no cash or maybe more useless upgrade certificates! c breeze

Edited by c breeze
addition

The time is Eastern.

NCL has absolutely nothing to do with mailing of of the certificates. How else would the complaint address be a Bank of America address vs. an NCL address? Not sure who is giving you that information but I know certificates have always been mailed by the bank because NCL has no access to our credit card information (and shouldn't).

As someone stated earlier, you end up with nothing in a class action suit. I think we should work with NCL (and BOA for whatever that is worth) and see if it gets straightened out. If things don't get corrected by March 31, then I think we should let NCL/BOA know that we are all going to the media in our areas for some consumer action spots on local TV stations (and if enough local stations are contacted, nationial stations may address this). I think that will be enough to get this corrected!

I agree about the class action - I want my full value, not a few dollars on a future cruise. I've had some luck in the past by filing a complaint with the state Attorney General (PA) might try this.

However my main message this morning: NCL, DO YOU READ THESE BOARDS? - Isn't time to post a statement on your website explaining exactly what happened, and exactly HOW YOU ARE GOING TO FIX IT.

The NCL cardholders are among your best customers. I know if screwed out of my reward ($1500) its never again for NCL, and I'm sure most others will do the same.