NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I am a little confused on what my next step is. For our 638 points, we received one $500 cert and one $100 upgrade, both on the same page. These are our first certificates, we only enrolled in the program in June 08.

I understand that I send the certs to the address on the form but both certs are on the same page. Will NCL just log the certs in and then I have to call them and tell them which cert I will being using on our cruises?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by noreddye
spelling

If things don't get corrected by March 31, then I think we should let NCL/BOA know that we are all going to the media in our areas for some consumer action spots on local TV stations (and if enough local stations are contacted, nationial stations may address this). I think that will be enough to get this corrected!

I would start blogging on the national media blogs, forget local. That would get the ball rolling MUCH faster and also inform those who don't know about the problem without the need for a class action. I would be surprised if the media didn't pick up on this story right away. Especially with all of the bad press the financial institutions are receiving right now because of how they may have spent the taxpayers bailout money. Just my .02...

Edited by MM40

Good news. One of my 2 letters has arrived! Here's my USPS tracking # 7003 3110 0006 1264 6859 if you're playing along at home :). I sent it via "certified mail" on Feb 4th to:

NCL Compass Reward Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

Of course, I don't know if it arrived at the right place. I just know someone signed for it :o. But I do feel pretty confident it got to BOA because it appears the 28255 zipcode is special to BOA. FWIW

I agree about the class action - I want my full value, not a few dollars on a future cruise. I've had some luck in the past by filing a complaint with the state Attorney General (PA) might try this.

However my main message this morning: NCL, DO YOU READ THESE BOARDS? - Isn't time to post a statement on your website explaining exactly what happened, and exactly HOW YOU ARE GOING TO FIX IT.

The NCL cardholders are among your best customers. I know if screwed out of my reward ($1500) its never again for NCL, and I'm sure most others will do the same.

I, too, totally agree about not going class action now... I was suggesting that approach in a couple of months, once those that know they have been screwed have worked and reached a resolution. The intent of the class action would be to protect those (and, yes, I know, not a great windfall, but...) that didn't realize they were screwed (for example, perhaps getting the mailing as to what happened, it might prompt these people to look into it more closely and opt out of the class and get their proper resolution...).

I'm of the belief that we here on CC are only a small percentage of the BOA Compass Rewards customers. I can only imagine how many people outside of CC have Compass Rewards problems!!

Good news. One of my 2 letters has arrived! Here's my USPS tracking # 7003 3110 0006 1264 6859 if you're playing along at home :). I sent it via "certified mail" on Feb 4th to:

NCL Compass Reward Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

Of course, I don't know if it arrived at the right place. I just know someone signed for it :o. But I do feel pretty confident it got to BOA because it appears the 28255 zipcode is special to BOA. FWIW

I've been on the phone with them for over an hour and i'm almost done with my call. Once i'm dont ill come post what they told me. Stand by!

I dont think that a class action suit would help us much. I want what i earned and I dont want to have someone else benefit anything out of it either.

The only ones who would benefit from a class action suit would be all of us who are owed something, but we would certainly not get what we were owed, and of course the lawyers involved....

Let's all work with BOA/NCL and see if we can resolve this ourselves first, then go to the media at the end of March if they have not resolved things. Meida pressure is much more likely to get all of us, as well as those who are not aware of what they have been short-changed, what we are due!

I've been on the phone with them for over an hour and i'm almost done with my call. Once i'm dont ill come post what they told me. Stand by!

Thanks!

I tried calling NCL as someone else suggested - they were at least well aware of the problem and said they are working to get it resolved. They took my name and info (a current reservation number works, if you have one) and said they would call back in 3-5 days! So, I wonder if BOA has changed what they are saying or if we still have to write in -- good luck Hazel!!

Ok here is the story. I called the number on the back of the credit card and got a representative on the phone, who didnt know much so i was passed on to several people before I got lucky and got someone who knows a little about our old Cruise compass rewards points.

The point sytem that they used to send us our certificats is the new world points system. Thats why we only got 100 point certificates.

To make matters worse they did not have access to our points of our final billing statement date. So example my statement date ended 12/17 and it clearly shows i had 354 points on that date. Those went by by.. poof.. disapeared... she could not and was not able to see them on any of my statements on her computer. I was very nice to her on the phone. I didnt think that getting her mad was going to help. SO BEING nice does help. I asked her if i can fax her my papers so she can see my final statement as we speak. She gave me her fax number and i faxed her everything i had at that point. In case i didnt have to opportunity to do it with someone else later.

Once she got it we were talking and comparing my statement with what she can see on her computer and she clearly sees that im correct.

Then thats when she told me that i was only entitled to the 2 certificats for the 511 points i had. I went on to explain to her that the sytem we used we had to spend 1000 dollars and if the charges were not ncl related we earned 30 points for that 1000 dollars. And if they were NCL related we earned 40 points.

She said that my 511 points were cashed out on the new world points system. So thats why i only got the 2 100 upgrade certificates.

I told her that they were going to get bombarded by everyone that chats on CRUISE CRITIC, since were all kind of like family here that we all chat and tell each other what we did and what we found out etc.

She is giving my papers to her supervisor and i gave her my cell phone number to call me back. She was the one who asked for my number, so I believe that she will call me back.

If i dont hear anything between now and monday i'll call them back again to find out the status.

So my advise to everyone is to call the # on the credit card 800-421-2110 when you hear the message start to play it will ask you for your credit card number put that in, then it will ask for your zip code, put that in. Once thats accepted and it starts giving you options dial 0 (zero) and speak to the next person who answers. Tell them you need to speak to someone who is familiar with the Cruise Compass Rewards Points. If the person mentions World Points tell them no i need to speak to someone who knows the Cruise Compass Rewards Points.

Make sure you have all your papers in front of you so they dont get bored and hang up on you for making them wait. BE NICE TO THE PERSON. Remember its not the persons fault whos on the phone with you. Its the companys fault.

SO BEING nice does help.

I completely agree, having worked in an in-bound call center for a little while in my distant past...

Thanks for the info. It was encouraging that they didn't just give you the address to send your dispute and shoo you away like was done when I called a couple days ago!

I completely agree, having worked in an in-bound call center for a little while in my distant past...

Thanks for the info. It was encouraging that they didn't just give you the address to send your dispute and shoo you away like was done when I called a couple days ago!

I dont know if each person has there own fax number but if you guys want the number i was given i can give that to you. It sounded as if the girl had to walk to another area to retrieve the fax when i sent it. So it may be a shared number.

As much as we enjoy NCL and Freestyle, if we do not receive our certificates correctly within the next few months, we will cancel our December Dawn cruise and book another cruise line. If we're going to have to pay for the entire thing because of this mess, then our money will go elsewhere.

BTW, we haven't received anything to date yet, either.

Edited by alwayssingin

I pressed her on that, noting that the letter says "final certificates" and "final compass reward balance", and then she changed her tune a bit. She said "okay, what's really going on is that neither Bank of America nor Norwegian Cruise Lines employees have access to the database with that information anymore. We have no way to look it up, and we have no idea what's going on. We're getting a large amount of calls on this. I'm hoping that the 'first' letter that went out is simply worded wrong and the point counts are what you have when you deduct your $500 certificates, and that the 'second' letter will have what was deducted, but again, we don't really know." I told her that didn't make sense, since I was at the 1,000 point annual limit, but my letter said I had '2' points, and she said: "If you don't see anything in 5 days, you will need to write a letter to the address

Well, seems like everyone is getting a different answer from NCL, and that as usual, if you don't like the answer, just keep calling till you get one you do. :eek: I would be very surprised if NCL can do anything about this because BOA issued the certs, not them. Also, I really don't like them blowing smoke up our XXX instead of giving us real answers.

As much as we enjoy NCL and Freestyle, if we do not receive our certificates correctly within the next few months, we will cancel our December Dawn cruise and book another cruise line. If we're going to have to pay for the entire thing because of this mess, then our money will go elsewhere.

BTW, we haven't received anything to date yet, either.

My daughter, my sister, and my sister in law have not received anything yet. Maybe in todays mail? If not on Saturdays.

I posted this in the "Compas Rewards Program Ends" thread, but think many will find it useful here as well. We were all notified in letters dated October 1st. 90 days from October 1st is December 31st.

I think we need to make them stick to their own Program Rules. Use their own Rules against them in your letters and phone calls and DO NOT allow them to try to push through the inability to earn points after your December statement closing date.

Thank you for the info. I will be adding this to my complaint letter.

I just spoke with my personal cruise consultant at ncl (in arizona). He tells me that they have been swamped with calls and he was fully aware of the problem. He also told me that his supervisors were in a meeting right now regarding how to hanle the problem, even though boa are the ones who mailed out the incorrect amount of compass rewards certificates. He also told me that there are a few different 'issues' but that our interpretation of points prior to mid december not being credited was fairly accurate. He promises to call me later today, as soon as he gets more information regarding how this will be handled, and a possible call number. He says many clients who have final payments due soon are irrate (rightly so) and cannot afford to mail papers and wait for boa to resolve this.

As soon as i hear from him, i will post any information regarding a possible phone number or different ways to resolve this here. Hang tight......

What bothers me the most about the responses that are being given from BOA is that they have NO access to our previous points history or statements?? How did BOA ever think that they were going to accurately send the correct certificates if they did not provide a good accounting of our points in the first place??

It is time for them to start running their business like the government and provide services.

Are you kidding? :eek::eek: The last thing I would want is for them to run their business like the bickering, partisan, money-wasting, bloated, incompetent, government!!!:eek::eek:

I just spoke with my personal cruise consultant at ncl (in arizona). He tells me that they have been swamped with calls and he was fully aware of the problem. He also told me that his supervisors were in a meeting right now regarding how to hanle the problem, even though boa are the ones who mailed out the incorrect amount of compass rewards certificates. He also told me that there are a few different 'issues' but that our interpretation of points prior to mid december not being credited was fairly accurate. He promises to call me later today, as soon as he gets more information regarding how this will be handled, and a possible call number. He says many clients who have final payments due soon are irrate (rightly so) and cannot afford to mail papers and wait for boa to resolve this.

As soon as i hear from him, i will post any information regarding a possible phone number or different ways to resolve this here. Hang tight......

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop on what you find out.

See thats why i love cruise critic we are here to help each other. I know there are people lurking the boards to argue and fight but i just ignore people like that and dont bother replying to posts etc.

THANKS EVERYONE.. AND THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC

I agree. I have a sept mex. Riv. Cruise booked as well as a 2010 baltic capitals booked. The $2000 in missing certs. Matters but so does the way your treated. I know rci or holland america will take my money. Cancelling ncl cruises may be the most satisfying to give me personal satisfaction.

What bothers me the most about the responses that are being given from BOA is that they have NO access to our previous points history or statements?? How did BOA ever think that they were going to accurately send the correct certificates if they did not provide a good accounting of our points in the first place??

They should have put a small team in charge of closing out our accounts with the points etc. Trained those people to do it right and then everything would have worked out. But obviously thats not what they did. So depending on who closed our account points thats what we got. So I got someone that didnt know much so i didnt get the correct certificates.

I agree. I have a sept mex. Riv. Cruise booked as well as a 2010 baltic capitals booked. The $2000 in missing certs. Matters but so does the way your treated. I know rci or holland america will take my money. Cancelling ncl cruises may be the most satisfying to give me personal satisfaction.

Greetings from Hilliard, Ohio. Just wondering which NCL Sept. Mex. Riv. cruise you booked. DH (98Charlie) and I are booked on the 9/26 NCL Star cruise.

Dianne