NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Wow, kinda harsh. So far I'm out $1000 but I'm willing to give it a few days and see what happens. And of course Sea Hound is helping us. That's what we do for each other on Cruise Critic. This entire site is about posting information and experiences to help each other. So maybe you need to try a little "chillin" yourself. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stillfloatin'

OK, I think this is beginning to make sense.

I still haven't gotten a thing in the mail.

I stopped using my card before my December billing cycle ended. On my December statement, I had a point balance of $1,000 exactly.

I had no purchases at all from the December billing statement end date and December 31.

So, I have no "odd" points, so that's why I haven't received anything.

I'm hoping in the next week or two, I will get my certificates.

Any one else in a similar situation?

We just got our letter today.

The thing is ... we were given credit for having 16 points as of the end of December. They shorted us by about 470 points.

NOW, if that was a figure over $500 I would be totally steamed ... as it is we are just out 3 more Upgrade Certs ... so, no probs as they are useless to us anyway. :p

Good luck. Perhaps your account will be taken care of by someone who actually knows what they are doing ... :rolleyes:

Im in the same boat as the rest of this thread, I should receive (3) $500 certificates, but instead only received (1) 100 pts one category upgrade certificate.

I was initially p-o'ed because I thought this would end up with me on the phone for hours this week, but thought I'd check the board and I am glad I did. I think Ill just hold off on my calls/(and potential yelling) until after 2/14 and hope they get me my certificates!

Thanks to everyone who posts...im now not mad, just concerned...:)

Jc

I was told someone would call me in a few days. I'm waiting but I will call again in a few days. Got my 100 point upgrade for 4 leftover points which means they really are counting points until the 31st or I would have received 5 useless upgrade cert. Now all I want are my 2 x $500 cert. My friend however received her upgrade and $500 cert together. My hubby's account has 42 points and he received nothing. Should push for his cert just in case I ever find a use for them since I would need two. Luckily I don't leave until July. :eek:

Unless NCL has changed their policy on this:

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom

200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

I looked through my NCL/BOA paperwork and I don't see where the restrictions about upgrades can be made only within the same category. I couldn't find anything about an upgrade certificate needed per passenger anywhere. Nothing appears to be posted on the NCL website either.

Did we possibly find a loophole that may make the upgrade certificates worth something? A 4 cabin upgrade for my 400 points would be awesome.

I looked through my NCL/BOA paperwork and I don't see where the restrictions about upgrades can be made only within the same category. I couldn't find anything about an upgrade certificate needed per passenger anywhere. Nothing appears to be posted on the NCL website either.

Did we possibly find a loophole that may make the upgrade certificates worth something? A 4 cabin upgrade for my 400 points would be awesome.

Good luck with that......... I don't have my origianl paperwork handy, but the information I posted earlier in this thread I copied from someone else who posted the same information. I believe it used to be posted on the FAQ link before they changed it. It has always been NCL's policy that these could only be used withing the same catagory, but who knows how flexible they will be now, with all the confusion.....

What genius at BofA decided to mail the cash certificates and upgrade certificates separately -- doubling their mailing cost.

I wonder of anyone at BofA is following this post? How about any of the travel writers? Seems to be a major blunder by BofA. Anyone remember how great MBNA was?

What genius at BofA decided to mail the cash certificates and upgrade certificates separately -- doubling their mailing cost.

I wonder of anyone at BofA is following this post? How about any of the travel writers? Seems to be a major blunder by BofA. Anyone remember how great MBNA was?

Yeppers ... and the second we heard it was being changed over to BoA, several of us just rolled our eyes. It was okay for the first year and then .... THIS. :mad: whatever ....

I was told someone would call me in a few days. I'm waiting but I will call again in a few days. Got my 100 point upgrade for 4 leftover points which means they really are counting points until the 31st or I would have received 5 useless upgrade cert. Now all I want are my 2 x $500 cert. My friend however received her upgrade and $500 cert together. My hubby's account has 42 points and he received nothing. Should push for his cert just in case I ever find a use for them since I would need two. Luckily I don't leave until July. :eek:

They are not counting points up to the 31st.

In my case I had 435pts on my Dec. statement, which closed on Dec.3rd. I charged $1700 on Dec.4th to NCL, which should have given me an additional 68pts and I received 5 worthless upgrade certificates.:mad:

Good luck with that......... I don't have my origianl paperwork handy, but the information I posted earlier in this thread I copied from someone else who posted the same information. I believe it used to be posted on the FAQ link before they changed it. It has always been NCL's policy that these could only be used withing the same catagory, but who knows how flexible they will be now, with all the confusion.....

cbreeze is correct. That's the way it always was ... you could only upgrade within an Inside, Outside or Balcony category. Now, I won't say it may not have changed ... but with the way everything is going, I can't imagine a change for the GOOD out of any of this. :(

I also noticed that the verbage is gone from the Upgrade Certs ... but I have no hopes that we could actually use these things to Upgrade for anything outside the original perameters ...

Edited by Bennett'sCruise

Hey girlfriend... how is life with Elvis?

I posted yesterday, but don't see my post. No biggie. The address I was given is not what was posted previously. I was given a street address (Tyron Street) with an NCL code to use.

My TA who is also a CC member has voiced her opinion re the upgrades, but her voice has fallen on deaf ears. I guess to use our 100 point upgrade certs we have to book separate cruises for each certificate all within 11 months in order to take advantage! Oh ya, like we'll all do this in this horrid economy.

As long as I get the correct amount of 500 certificates, I'll be happy and chuck the rest in the trash. I think I'll go in search of a different credit card too.

So girlfriend... we leave for Egypt in 67 days. We have NCL booked for Mex Riv cruise on Oct 17th. After that, nothing is booked. (shock). Big hugs to Elvis! ta ta

Hey girlfriend... how is life with Elvis?

GINNY! I was thinking about you so much the other day. "Elvis" was diagnosed with Parkinsons over the summer ... so, we are learning to live with all that. He is doing fine and that's not stopping us from traveling yet.

I was explaining to him this morning all this mess with the credit card points. We will be waiting until the "dust" settles to see how BoA/NCL is going to handle it. Thankfully, I cashed in our $500 certs in November.

We will be on the MJ out of Charleston in May. You going on the Star in October? Have fun in Egypt!

Toodles ... "Hi" to Dell ...

~d

Im in the same boat as the rest of this thread, I should receive (3) $500 certificates, but instead only received (1) 100 pts one category upgrade certificate.

I was initially p-o'ed because I thought this would end up with me on the phone for hours this week, but thought I'd check the board and I am glad I did. I think Ill just hold off on my calls/(and potential yelling) until after 2/14 and hope they get me my certificates!

What's so special about the 14th? We also were expecting 2 $500 certificates & got the stupid 1 catagory upgrade.

I skimmed backwards but couldn't find news about the 2/14. Please enlighten me before I contact the call center.

TIA

I got my $500 cash certificate and my $100 upgrade certificate in the same mailing. They actually tallied my points correctly, including the points I earned from 12/5-12/31, which I needed to make it over 500 points. Part of me wonders if BofA/NCL are telling people that line to give them some time to correct the errors and send out the missing certs. BTW, there was space for another 2 certificates on my page. 4 certs fit to each page the way they are printing them.

Edited by abugs

BoA is saying that not all the certs have been mailed. Apparently, if we don't have our certs by 2/14, then we can file a resolution dispute. They shorted me approx 1100 points, which I intended to use to pay for an October cruise. Hubby had about 1200 due to him and he got them all last week - no problem.

When we combine our points, our penthouse should be free! Wooohooooo! The upgrade certs are worthless.

Somehow, I have a feeling my certs will arrive in a week or so, but nevertheless, I have typed my letter and will mail it tomorrow to the resolution address BoA gave me.

So I phoned B of A asking where my certs for the Compass Rewards NCL card were. They knew nothign about it. So I asked for a Supervisor & the guy who came to the phone stated that I have -0- points on my new account. I told him I am checking on the Compass Rewards account for nCL that they closed not the Worldpoints that they replaced it with. Per your Oct 1 letter the account number is to rotor over to the new account. I was told you sent it to me on 12/20 that never made it to our home. So we got a new account & new cards. But no reward certs from the old account that was closed 12/31 with certs going out in January. So where are they. He knew nothing about it since it is CLOSED. So who does?

OK, I think this is beginning to make sense.

I still haven't gotten a thing in the mail.

I stopped using my card before my December billing cycle ended. On my December statement, I had a point balance of $1,000 exactly.

I had no purchases at all from the December billing statement end date and December 31.

So, I have no "odd" points, so that's why I haven't received anything.

I'm hoping in the next week or two, I will get my certificates.

Any one else in a similar situation?

If so, they why did you contact the 'chairman'? Why should everyone else wait just because 'you' are going to be contacted? Are you working to help everyone else? If not, then please stop telling people to chill. Many our out significant amounts of money and are rightly upset. "Chillin" won't get them what they earned.

hophead -- you, above all else, need to "chill". Do you really think your post is productive in the least?

Yes, I am working to help everyone else. Credible information is needed right now. I'm out a significant amount of money, too.

Chill and think before you post.

Sea Hound:D

Edited by Sea Hound

example, you got 503 pts, they first send out that you have 3 pts, and round to the $100 upgrade cert and mail that now. the $500 cash certificate to follow in 1-2 weeks.....THAT IS WHAT They said

OR IF YOU have 499 points, they put aside the 400 points for 4 $100 upgrade certificates (to be mailed in 1-2 weeks) and round your 99 to 100 for the worthless upgrade sent out now

they said,..."give it till mid Feb to get your certificates for the non-rounded points"

I haven't gone through all the weekend postings yet, but your second example could be an issue. If you had 399 points on your Dec statement, and earned 150 points from Dec statement date - Dec 31, do you get your 150 rounded up now to 2-100 point upgrade certificates, then your 399 later as 4-100 point upgrade certificates?

When I called NCL, it sounded like this might be the case - if so, we could end up with 6 100-point upgrade certificates and no $500 certificates!

So, while they could iron out the problem and send out certificates for the Dec statement point balance, some of us that made the 500-point milestone could still have a problem...

Good luck - time will tell!

Yes, I am working to help everyone else. Credible information is needed right now. I'm out a significant amount of money, too.

Sea Hound:D

Hi everyone! Wanted to come check out what if anything has been learned today? I havent heard back on my end. So I'm just wondering if today will bring us any good news. Keep me posted. Thanks for all your help everyone.

I am perplexed on how BOA can remove some of my Compass Reward Points and send them over to the World Points. We stopped using our BOA card on Dec 27, 2008 because we wanted to make sure all of the transactions went though prior to the end of the year.

Is it legal for them to move points to the World Points program that was accumulated on the Compass Reward Point program?

After wading through this thread, it seems that the issue central to all this confusion is BoA's claim that there will be a second mailing to all of us with the "real" certificates - though I'm very sceptical. What this appears to be is damage control on all the calls, letters, bad media etc. i.e. it buys them time. So, is it true? That's I'd like anyone that gets the 2nd letter with the $500 certificates to post ASAP, as I'm getting impatient about taking other actions.

Well my one little cert came in over the weekend from NCL and as I suspected, it was hundreds of points short and I got one upgrade. so I have a 3rd call into B of A and they are suppose to be looking into it ---- again. I have never had a problem with them before - but this has made me mad. It is not the points at by this time, it is the principal:( I think they believe that we will just give up and forget this - fat chance!

Unless NCL has changed their policy on this:

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom

200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

That's the same literature I had from about 3yrs ago. It also stated there was available 500pt, 1000pt, 1500pt, 2000pt, 2500pt, and 3000pt voucher certificates good for $$ off. When I got the October letter, I called BofA to ask what I was eligible for and she said I had 2 - $500 certificates available and 2 - 100pt upgrade vouchers available. I was a little confused because I thought it'd be 1 - $1000 certificate. I could still combine the 2 $500 together so I didn't really care that much, but found it was different from the paperwork I originally had.

Another odd thing, on friday I had received a 100pt upgrade voucher for the 88 remaining points I had on my account. As everyone knows this voucher is useless since I already used my 3 - $500 vouchers for a cruise in October. You'd think they'd give the 100pt voucher good for $100 onboard credit. That'd be more useful then an upgrade voucher that can't be combined with other vouchers.

Edited by axelbay