NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

OK, I think this is beginning to make sense.

I still haven't gotten a thing in the mail.

I stopped using my card before my December billing cycle ended. On my December statement, I had a point balance of $1,000 exactly.

I had no purchases at all from the December billing statement end date and December 31.

So, I have no "odd" points, so that's why I haven't received anything.

I'm hoping in the next week or two, I will get my certificates.

Any one else in a similar situation?

I think I'm in the exact same boat as you. As of October 2008, I had exactly 500 points in my account. No more, no less. When I learned that the compass rewards program was ending soon the thereafter, I stopped all charges on my NCL card immediately -- no charges since Oct 2008. Because I'm not sure when I will want to cruise NCL again, I opted to wait until Jan 31, 2009, when my $500 reward certificate would be issued automatically by Bank of America. So far, I have received nothing in the mail. Based on some recent posts in this thread, I'm hoping to receive my $500 certificate in the mail in the next week. (Keeping my fingers crossed).

This forum is a blessing for all of us impacted by the actions of BoA and NCL. I too am in the same boat having amassed over 2000 Compass Reward points. My $100 upgrade cert was received last week but nothing else since then. Keep the comments coming and let's hope for a positive outcome for all!

I just got off the phone with BOA. Last week I received my certificates. I have two accounts, one was right and the other was wrong. I had 994 points, then charged $492, so should have earned 14 extra points to put me over 1000. I received only 1 - $100 certificate. I have been reading these boards, so I did not call until today. At first I did not think the girl I was talking to knew about the problem. I told her my certificates were wrong and she asked me why I thought I received the wrong certificates. When I told her the above information, she put me on hold. When she came back she said I should receive the correct certificates by the 13th. She then told me since today was the 9th, I may not receive them by the 13th, she just wanted me to know they were working on it and did not want me to be upset if they did not come by the 13th. She said I would definitely hear from BOA within 5 days, by phone or email. She made sure she had my correct email address. She was very nice, and I told her I knew they had major problems with the certificates. She said they were working very hard to correct everything, and wanted to make sure I was please with the customer service.

Hi everyone,

BOA received both of my letters (one Friday morning & one this morning) and I just received an e-mail from BOA:

"Dear Ms. XXXXX,

While transitioning from NCL Compass Rewards to NCL WorldPoints, a system error caused a miscalculation in final Compass Reward balance for a population of cardholders. The file has been reprocessed indicating your final Compass Reward point balance is 1,005. You will be receiving additional Compass Reward certificates in the next 7-10 business days.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused."

Looks like they are taking care of this problem ASAP. Just to recap, I sent my information to the Reward Resolution address below on Wednesday, February 4th via certified mail.

NCL Compass Reward Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

210 N Tyron St

Charlotte, NC 28255

Hi everyone,

BOA received both of my letters (one Friday morning & one this morning) and I just received an e-mail from BOA:

"Dear Ms. XXXXX,

While transitioning from NCL Compass Rewards to NCL WorldPoints, a system error caused a miscalculation in final Compass Reward balance for a population of cardholders. The file has been reprocessed indicating your final Compass Reward point balance is 1,005. You will be receiving additional Compass Reward certificates in the next 7-10 business days.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused."

Looks like they are taking care of this problem ASAP. Just to recap, I sent my information to the Reward Resolution address below on Wednesday, February 4th via certified mail.

NC1-022-17-01

210 N Tyron St

Charlotte, NC 28255

Great! I think this is the first post I've seen where BoA is admitting that there was a major error, and sounds like they will correct without further action by the cardholder..................we'll wait and hope. What is encourging is that if they follow through, all will get their correct certificates, not just us cruise junkies here on CC are aware of what's going on.

Hi everyone,

"Dear Ms. XXXXX,

NC1-022-17-01

210 N Tyron St

Charlotte, NC 28255

Would you mind sharing the text of the letter you sent to BOA? It'd probably make many of our lives easier!

Great to see that BOA is owning up to the errors at least!

Someone should post a draft letter than we can all use and just fill in our information on it and at least all our letters would be the same.

If BOA is aware of the problem and "reprocessing" the awards, I wonder if we need to even write them or if they will be fixing everyone's?

Sea Hound, has your contact at BOA indicated if we need to write or if it will be taken care of automatically?

Someone should post a draft letter than we can all use and just fill in our information on it and at least all our letters would be the same.

That's kinda what I've been hoping for. Why reinvent the wheel if someone has already written a letter well enough to get the positive response we're all seeking.

Looks like the BofA letter I got is a little different in terms of certificate arrival expectations. My letter, dated 1/5/09, says that my final Compass Reward certificates will be mailed in 6-8 weeks....so honestly I wasn't even expecting them until early March. :D

I guess some of you got letters saying they were coming in late January? Regardless, most of these posts have been very informative....thanks!

That's kinda what I've been hoping for. Why reinvent the wheel if someone has already written a letter well enough to get the positive response we're all seeking.

I couldnt agree with you more. At this point i've called and faxed all my stuff to BOA. I'm just waiting to hear one way or the other and then i'll do what ever i have to do to make sure i get what i deserve. I'm not looking for anything extra, i'm just looking for what i earned.

Sea Hound' date=' has your contact at BOA indicated if we need to write or if it will be taken care of automatically?[/quote']

I've been waiting all day and haven't heard a thing yet. I don't want to call as I was told they'd get back to me. If I haven't heard by tomorrow afternoon, I'll call them.

My understanding from my previous conversations, however, was that it will be taken care of automatically.

Sea Hound:D

Edited by Sea Hound

I have not heard from NCL/BOA after my conversation with my personal cruise consultant at NCL on Friday, regarding missing Compass Reward certificates. He told me it would be 48 hours, so allowing for the weekend, that should be by the end of the day Tuesday. I will call him again Wednesday, if no one has contacted me. I did ask if he/they could pass on any information that I could post here, regarding the process for the resolution of this porblem. I am hopeful, that it will be resolved for all of us eventually.

I've been waiting all day and haven't heard a thing yet. I don't want to call as I was told they'd get back to me. If I haven't heard by tomorrow afternoon, I'll call them.

My understanding from my previous conversations, however, was that it will be taken care of automatically.

Thank you. I'm usually very pro-active with these types of issues, but there's no point in me taking my time to write a letter and document everything if BOA is going to make the corrections automatically.

I mailed in a letter to BOA on Friday and got a call back yesterday. The young woman I spoke to was so nice :). She said a system error hit a population of customers causing a miscalculation in points :(. They have found the error and are mailing out new certificates to these customers this week. She said, they are going out automatically this week. She wasn't sure why BOA customer service isn't telling people about the error when they call. You might want to wait and see if you get the right stuff in the mail later this week or next week before contacting them.

All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a call from the Chairman's office (because I sent a letter to his office last week, copying some senior people in the Senate Banking Committee, my Attorney General and the President of NCL), and all the problems that we experienced was due to a data issue. They also said that since I earned 467 points, I was upgraded to 500 points, and instead of sending out 5 100 upgrade certificates, I will receive 1 500 upgrade certificate within a week!!! :) very happy with that.

I will let you guys know that they realized that this has affected around 7.000 of their customers, and that they are going to rectify each and every error, but it will take some time. I was asked not to post their contact information (because they don't want to receive 7,000 calls!), but that they do read these boards and they are very sorry that it has happened. The person that I spoke with was VERY nice and professional and extremely apologetic.

I will post again once I have received my certificate in the mail.

I mailed in a letter to BOA on Friday and got a call back yesterday. The young woman I spoke to was so nice :). She said a system error hit a population of customers causing a miscalculation in points :(. They have found the error and are mailing out new certificates to these customers this week. She said, they are going out automatically this week. She wasn't sure why BOA customer service isn't telling people about the error when they call. You might want to wait and see if you get the right stuff in the mail later this week or next week before contacting them.

We must have been posting at the same time! :) she was extremely nice and I will wait patiently for my certs. What an experience. They also said they read these boards and they were very shocked initially.

All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a call from the Chairman's office (because I sent a letter to his office last week, copying some senior people in the Senate Banking Committee, my Attorney General and the President of NCL), and all the problems that we experienced was due to a data issue. They also said that since I earned 467 points, I was upgraded to 500 points, and instead of sending out 5 100 upgrade certificates, I will receive 1 500 upgrade certificate within a week!!! :) very happy with that.

I will let you guys know that they realized that this has affected around 7.000 of their customers, and that they are going to rectify each and every error, but it will take some time. I was asked not to post their contact information (because they don't want to receive 7,000 calls!), but that they do read these boards and they are very sorry that it has happened. The person that I spoke with was VERY nice and professional and extremely apologetic.

I will post again once I have received my certificate in the mail.

We must have been posting at the same time! :) she was extremely nice and I will wait patiently for my certs. What an experience. They also said they read these boards and they were very shocked initially.

Hmmmm .... cautiously optimistic ... but good to read these posts this morning ... :o

I, too, just got off the phone with the BoA Chairman's Office. Here's what the very nice lady told me:

1. BoA is having to manually compute points rewards for over 6,000 accounts.

2. They just had a conference call about the issue this morning and everyone is on the same page.

3. I'll soon receive a letter outlining the problem and the steps being taken to correct it.

4. ALL my correct certs will be mailed this Friday and should arrive in 7-10 days.

5. THIS IS NEW: The certs I previously received (three $100 certs) will be voided and the mailing I receive will contain ALL certs I'm due for the total points.

Edited by Sea Hound

I, too, just got off the phone with the BoA Chairman's Office. Here's what the very nice lady told me:

1. BoA is having to manually compute points rewards for over 6,000 accounts.

2. They just had a conference call about the issue this morning and everyone is on the same page.

3. I'll soon receive a letter outlining the problem and the steps being taken to correct it.

4. ALL my correct certs will be mailed this Friday and should arrive in 7-10 days.

5. THIS IS NEW: The certs I previously received (three $100 certs) will be voided and the mailing I receive will contain ALL certs I'm due for the total points.

Thanks for your update. I guess the best part of all this is that there is FINALLY a silver lining on this dark cloud. Do you know of anyone that has actually used the 100 upgrades? I usually book minisuites.

I have 2 questions.

(1) Are there still some who have received nothing to date? Because I'm in that boat. (er, ship)

(2) For my wife, who has received the wrong certs...does she need to make any calls...or just sit tight? In other words, are the above 6000 ones who have complained?

Thanks

Sea Hound, thanks for posting. Did they by chance state how "they" found this error that has affected so many people.

They didn't tell me but, as reported by snorkler, it was a system error that affected some accounts but not others.

Based on a Microsoft update released this morning that crashed half my computers but not the other half, I can understand how that may happen.