NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I have 2 questions.

(1) Are there still some who have received nothing to date? Because I'm in that boat. (er, ship)

(2) For my wife, who has received the wrong certs...does she need to make any calls...or just sit tight? In other words, are the above 6000 ones who have complained?

Thanks

I think others may have a better answer, but mine is that they recognized this based on those who contacted them (myself, SeaHound, calls to their customer service center, NCL), not the full ~6,000 customers (which I'm assuming are all the people that were under the Compass Rewards Program). I would say sit tight and see what you get in the mail within the next 7 - 10 days.

Has anyone that's spoken to BOA since writing their letters specifically asked about being credited for points earned from their December closing date until December 31st?

Preds -- I didn't ask that specific question but I gave the person I spoke to the number of points I computed and the number of certificates I was due (based on charges through 12/31/08) and she said I was right about the points and certificates and that's what I would receive.

I based my calculations on a 12/15 closing on one card and a 12/23 closing on the second (on which I charged another 5K+ between 12/23 and 12/31).

Sea Hound:D

They also said that since I earned 467 points, I was upgraded to 500 points, and instead of sending out 5 100 upgrade certificates, I will receive 1 500 upgrade certificate within a week!!! :) very happy with that.

I'm assuming you meant you would be receiving a $500 off certificate? If that's the case ... WOW!

We were just below $500 at the end of December and I've been kicking myself for not making sure we were over the $500.

Good for you!!

ONE MORE THING: I personally think BoA/NCL should give their partial points in exact money off a cruise. They could make stipulations ... like not to be used with other discounts ... or whatever. But, at least we'd get something for our loyalty. Just a thought.

Edited by Bennett'sCruise

I'm assuming you meant you would be receiving a $500 off certificate? If that's the case ... WOW!

We were just below $500 at the end of December and I've been kicking myself for not making sure we were over the $500.

Good for you!!

ONE MORE THING: I personally think BoA/NCL should give their partial points in exact money off a cruise. They could make stipulations ... like not to be used with other discounts ... or whatever. But' date=' at least we'd get [i']something[/i] for our loyalty. Just a thought.

Dianne,

I agree with you. That's why I plan on sending in ALL my certs -- three $500 AND three $100. What the heck? They may get a big heart and take the other $300 off (or maybe OBC???) just because I'm a great guy! I can't use them anyway as we always stay in suites.

I think it would be a nice gesture on NCL/BoA's part but I won't be disappointed if they just ignore the $100s.

Dianne,

I agree with you. That's why I plan on sending in ALL my certs -- three $500 AND three $100. What the heck? They may get a big heart and take the other $300 off (or maybe OBC???) just because I'm a great guy! I can't use them anyway as we always stay in suites.

I think it would be a nice gesture on NCL/BoA's part but I won't be disappointed if they just ignore the $100s.

You know ... I guess to be completely fair ... the 100 Point One Category Upgrade Certs are actually only worth between $25 and $50 each. But, I'd be happy with 4 - $50 off compass reward certificates instead of 4 100 Point One Category Upgrade Certs. whatever ... :rolleyes:

~dianne

You know ... I guess to be completely fair ... the 100 Point One Category Upgrade Certs are actually only worth between $25 and $50 each. But' date=' I'd be happy with 4 - $50 off compass reward certificates instead of 4 100 Point One Category Upgrade Certs. whatever ... :rolleyes:[/font']

~dianne

Yes I would HIGHLY prefer onboard credit or some $$ instead of the category upgrade. They are the ones who ended the program early. I bet most people would have saved up for the $500 off if the program was not interrupted. Looking at the frequency of the 100pt upgrades certs printed from the last 3 yrs to the last 2 months, I bet it went up dramatically.

A big thank you to Sea Hound and jmeriano for your work on this issue and your updates. It's just this kind of effort and help that make the boards such a great resource for all of us. :)

I think SeaHound did most of the legwork, keeping you guys informed. I didn't want to duplicate efforts so I kept quiet most of the time. I'm so glad that everyone has shared their experiences!

Good for you!!

ONE MORE THING: I personally think BoA/NCL should give their partial points in exact money off a cruise. They could make stipulations ... like not to be used with other discounts ... or whatever. But' date=' at least we'd get [i']something[/i] for our loyalty. Just a thought.

Yes -- $500 off certificate is what I meant! :) I was so excited to type it! LOL

We were at 427 before our closing date (Dec 15), and earned 40 points by the end of Dec 31st; that's what brought us to 467.

You know ... I guess to be completely fair ... the 100 Point One Category Upgrade Certs are actually only worth between $25 and $50 each. But' date=' I'd be happy with 4 - $50 off compass reward certificates instead of 4 100 Point One Category Upgrade Certs. whatever ... :rolleyes:[/font']

~dianne

Dianne -- you're right and thanks for the correction -- I keep getting the 100-points mixed up with 100-dollars! I think of the certs like Monopoly money!

Anyway . . . I'm still going to send them all in just to see what happens. I have no use for them at home! Maybe the point fairy will drop something on me!:eek:

Just to update (as some others have)

I sent an email to the CEO of BoA expressing my displeasure. I got a phone call from his office a couple minutes ago stating that they received the email. They've identified the problem (they said 6000 people we impacted by the mistake) and that my 2 $500 vouchers would be sent out this Friday. (along with a letter)

Honestly, I didn't expect a personal call from BoA, but I'm happy they did.

The fellow who called was so apologetic that I felt sorry for him. Maybe I was too angry in my email.

Edited by mbisson

Thanks everyone for posting what you've heard today. This is starting to look good, and I hope we all get what we deserve. I'm honestly sorry for those that are sailing soon to have to go through the extra stress before you cruise. Lucky I wasnt counting on that $ for my March 1st cruise otherwise id be in the same situation.

I wonder if the people getting the correct number of certs are the people who did not charge anything between their Dec statement date and Jan 1? Maybe someone who has received the correct certs can clarify?

I did not use my card for anything after my December 25 closing date. My total points was 2009. I have not received any certificates or any letter explaining what is going on. I don't have a good feeling about this.

I did not use my card for anything after my December 25 closing date. My total points was 2009. I have not received any certificates or any letter explaining what is going on. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Don't start worrying yet, because it looks like BOA had a computer problem and is now correcting it. I would give it a couple of weeks tops, and if it isn't made right by then, you can look for alternative action.

I agree with Stillfloatin'. I suspect they're trying to make sure what goes out now is accurate. That may slow things down for a few days.

BUTTTT-if you need to pay off a cruise soon, you might want to call or email BoA

Don't start worrying yet' date=' because it looks like BOA had a computer problem and is now correcting it. I would give it a couple of weeks tops, and if it isn't made right by then, you can look for alternative action.[/quote']

Dianne,

What if they ignore the $500s ? I would not risk sending all them. The rules say the $100s can not be combined with $500s.

My NCL personal cruise concultant called back a few minutes ago. He read a statement which stated that a system error hit a population of customers causing a miscalculation in points . They have found the error and are mailing out new certificates to these customers this week. He also added that if you have not received the correct amount of Compass Reward certificates in the mail BY FEBRUARY 20, you should sent a letter with the explaniation of the points you believed you were owed (I would include copies of the December and January statements) to :

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North TRYON Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

So..... wait until Feb 20 (next Friday), and if you haven't gotten what you are owed, then send your letter!

What if they ignore the $500s ? I would not risk sending all them. The rules say the $100s can not be combined with $500s.

Have I missed something along the way? Has something changed?? :eek:

As far as I know there was NEVER a $100 cert. It's always been a $500 off certificate OR a (or several) 100 point certs good for a One Category Upgrade each (as I said before ... each 100 point cert is worth only about $25-$50, depending on the upgrade).

Soooo .... what's going on??

Still waiting for my call....hope I'm one of those 6000 but I was promised a call back by now when I called last week. My friend got her $500 and her 100, I got 100 but no $1000 and my hubby got nothing. Thought if the opportunity presented itself I would be able to use his 100 and mine for an upgrade.

Guess I will give them a few more days but I will be on the phone the beginning of next week if I don't get a call this week. That's one more week than they promised me a return call! :mad:

I am so thankful for everyone that has been doing the (sea)leg work on this! Thank you!

If you are worried that your certificates will be rejected if you do not mail them in close to final payment: I had a small mix up (my fault) and NCL accepted my certificates that they received over three weeks after final payment.

I'm in the same situation as you - 1000 points and no activity after my December closing date. No certificates, no letter, no nuthin'.

I am optimistic though, but to be safe, I have already sent my letter (with my December statement) to the Compass Rewards Resolution address.

Just to update (as some others have)

I sent an email to the CEO of BoA expressing my displeasure. I got a phone call from his office a couple minutes ago stating that they received the email. They've identified the problem (they said 6000 people we impacted by the mistake) and that my 2 $500 vouchers would be sent out this Friday. (along with a letter)

Honestly, I didn't expect a personal call from BoA, but I'm happy they did.

The fellow who called was so apologetic that I felt sorry for him. Maybe I was too angry in my email.

I also received a call from someone in the CEO's office. This was in response to my e-mail of last week. She told me the exact same thing. She was sure that I would have my correct certificates soon, definitely before my final payment is due next month. She even gave me her phone number just in case I need to contact her. This makes me feel a lot better and I'm hopeful that we might see a quick resolution to this nightmare.

Just curious, a few pages back someone said 'BoA/NCL reads all the posts on here'. I'm wondering if they do read everything why they never address their problems. Why with months os complaining they still went through with making 'improvements' to the reward program, and why for a few months they let the 'what happens to my purchases between my December closing date and the end of the year' and also why they waited until a large number of people had to contact them about this whole certificate mailing/point calculation problem.

So...BoA...if you are reading this, you may want to work on your communication skills before you go under. A lot of people were upset that the card changed, and you made a lot more people upset with your 'tell everyone a different story' policy when it comes to communicating details of the new program. If there were any happy customers left, when they opened their mail to find the wrong certificate (I was expecting $2000 in certificates, I got 2 points and a $100 upgrade...) you lost them there. Do you really think any of your card members are happy with the way you've been handling this new program? If you do care about customer satisfaction, bring back the old program. :)

Edited by lumofny