NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I have sent mine "registered mail" twice, and claimed the value of the certificates. I think it is about $10 more than than certified, and someone has to sign for it every step of the way, that may slow it down by a day, but I was told that if I claimed the value, it would be insured.

Did you send it to the PO box or the Corp Cent Dive address?

You have 2 choices and from what I've read, they both work so either way you'll be fine. The address on the back of the certificates goes to a PO box and the address I used goes directly to accounting (which is where they would take it after they pick it up from th PO box). I used the following address and sent it certified mail, return receipt requested. Cost was $5 and some change. I sent it on a Friday and it was received and signed for 3 days later on Monday.

Attn: Accounting

Norwegian Cruise Lines

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks, that is what I needed

Before sending in our rewards certificate, I called NCL because I wanted to avoid any problems. I was told by Rebecca to send it registered to the address she provided (which is the same as above) because the certificates aren't replaceable. I sent them off on Thursday, 6/11, for a cost of $15.84 with a return receipt requested and insurance for $500 and got a revised reservation confirmation from NCL by e-mail today which reflected my credit. YIPPEE!!

The address Rebecca provided and I used is as follows:

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attention: Accounting Department - Payment Services

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

I had one certificate for $500 and one upgrade certificate. When I booked, the NCL Rep advised that was good for just one person and based on the cost at the time I booked, it was worth $10. So I made my cabin selection and thought he based the price I paid on that. Good thing I looked over the revised reservation confirmation I got today, as THEY'D CHANGED MY CABIN! I'd been moved from a mid-ship superior outside cabin on Deck 6, Category C to a cabin at the front of the ship on Deck 7, Category CC. I specifically didn't want to be on Deck 7/Promenade Deck because I really didn't want to close my curtains at night and I definitely didn't want to be at the front of the ship (sometimes get vertigo and am a bit nervous about how the motion will affect me, so I chose mid-ship in both height and length).

You can bet I made a quick call to NCL and was relieved when they were able to change me back to my original cabin. WHEW! So check to make sure nothing has been altered that you hadn't intended. In this case, I apparently misunderstood what would happen if I submitted the upgrade coupon. The weird part is my final payment was $535 less than it had been - the $500 less I get, but the $35 WITH an upgrade, I didn't. I have no clue what happened there - anyone have any idea?

I just sent in my last voucher for $500. I did the same as mentioned above in that I insured the envelope and sent it registered. It cost $15 +. I'm sorry that the program came to an end. It was better than Carnival's Sea Miles. Nancy

I'm amazed at how quickly NCL processed our credits.

I mailed the 2 $500 certificates registered and they were credited in less than a week. The 17th I mailed our upgrades in an envelope with a little note requesting that they apply them to the booking, and today the cabins were upgraded.

Kudos to NCL.

Hi! I have a couple of $500 Compass awards that I plan to apply to my reservation. My question is, if I continue to use my BoA card and earn enough points through WorldPoints for a $100 or $200 onboard credit, can I apply that to the same reservation that I have already used award from the old program?

Thanks!

Edited by cosmo1027

Hi! I have a couple of $500 Compass awards that I plan to apply to my reservation. My question is, if I continue to use my BoA card and earn enough points through WorldPoints for a $100 or $200 onboard credit, can I apply that to the same reservation that I have already used award from the old program?

Thanks!

I don't see why not.....

I have been successful in doing that very thing.... not a problem at all. I booked through NCL directly so that might be one of the reasons it was so easy. I know last time I had a travel agent and the whole certificate thing was MUCH slower as far as when they were applied and a lot more of the run around....

Well, I sent in my $500 coupon and attached to it was a 1 category upgrade. I filled out the back of the $500 coupon and left the 1 category upgrade blank. I was told that you could only use one on a cruise. Well... today I received the 1 category upgrade, but no $500. How about that? Who would take an upgrade of $200 instead of the $500 towards the payment of the cruise. So, I have a supervisor working on it. She said you the coupons are not together, but single. I'm just glad that I scanned a copy of both sides into my computer. I'll write what the outcome is. Nancy

I had always assumed it was "one coupon/certificate per cruise"...but based on what I have seen here on this thread, that's obviously not the case. So even though I already received my $500 credit, today I sent in my remaining three "1 category upgrade" certificates.

What the heck....it can't hurt and would be nice to bump up a couple of decks! :D

We have a $500 certificate from the old BOA that we can use for $500 off our next cruise. We have to book the cruise by Jan - 2010 and go on the cruise by Dec. 2011. Don't know which cruise to book right now but if we go ahead and give a deposit on a cruise, then mail in the certificates, but then cancel before the final payment would we be allowed to change it to a different cruise as long as we used it by Dec. 2011. In other words, we can book, send in the certificate, get the $500 credit, then decide to change our minds because I don't know for sure which cruise. Would we be safe doing that because I don't want to lose the credit. Does anyone know?:confused:

We have a $500 certificate from the old BOA that we can use for $500 off our next cruise. We have to book the cruise by Jan - 2010 and go on the cruise by Dec. 2011. Don't know which cruise to book right now but if we go ahead and give a deposit on a cruise, then mail in the certificates, but then cancel before the final payment would we be allowed to change it to a different cruise as long as we used it by Dec. 2011. In other words, we can book, send in the certificate, get the $500 credit, then decide to change our minds because I don't know for sure which cruise. Would we be safe doing that because I don't want to lose the credit. Does anyone know?:confused:

I believe you must book before January 31, 2010 but sail by January 31, 2011, not December 2011. I also think the certificates must be submitted for partial payment before January 31, 2010. I would not submit the certificate until about a month before final payment is due or January 1, 2010, whichever comes first. I do not believe they are transferable after they have been submitted and the reservation number has been applied, but I could be wrong about this. I would doubt they would allow this after January 31, 2010.

Well, I have heard from the supervisor, and she says that you can combine certifcates... so , I'm getting the $500 off and I got a one category upgrade. Sounds fine with me. They were very quick to get everything taken care of. Yea!! Nancy

Sounds like it has the potiential to be a nightmare. I would wait a few months, make a decision and commit to a cruise then mail the certificates. It's always best not to invite Murphy into your life :)

I heard back from NCL today.....two days after I mailed certificates from LA to Miami. Wow! They have already received my certificates and applied them to move me from a KK to a JJ category. Now, I sent in 3 upgrade certificates, but only was upgraded two categories (KK to J; J to JJ). Not sure if I am even going to bother calling to see why I didnt go up one more; I look on it all as a gift horse anyway, and I don't want to be looking to close into its mouth!

Hi guys, I've been away from this board for a good while - I mean what's the point after the "new and improved" program went into effect.

We had done 5 cruises virtually free in the past (I have 6 ncl cards)

so maybe I have a bit of insight about some of the boa/ncl games.

On the upgrade certificates: when the old program closed out we received 6 $500 certificates and 7 $100 certificates (on some of the cards I only had $30 over the $500 certificate level but they sent me an upgrade anyway - gee thanks). I had never used upgrade certificates before because I'd save up for the big certificates, so I'm thinking I'm gonna' get a 7 level upgrade, right? wrong. First of all my terrific personal planner says it is one per PERSON, per upgrade with a max of 6 certificates per stateroom. So I'm stuck with this one certificate that I can't use, unless I want to cruise solo (not).

Anyway, I'm not gonna sweat it, but I do miss the old program. Hope all of you have good luck with your certificates. It does not seem NCL has gotten much better at understanding their program. But at least it's not as restrictive as Carnival's.

So I booked a cruise and sent in my only 500 certificate that I earned before NCL cancelled the program, along with 3 1-category updgrade certificates.

I had already booked through an agent and asked to use my 250 pre-cruise deposit tied to my Past Passenger # that I bought last year onboard the Pearl. No problems there and the 250 was applied to my cruises as deposit.

Now I send in the certificates and my agent tells me the NCL supervisor says that I CANNOT combine the offers (250 pre-cruise deposit + 500 voucher). Absolutely not true. I read the information after I bought the 250 deposit on my previous cruise, and the 500 certificates and it indicates it CAN be combined with other offers.

I can't believe my luck. Many on this board have received the 500 vouchers and gotten upgraded or added OBC with some of the 100 point vouchers!

Me, they haven't even said they'll do anything with the 4 100 vouchers and are denying my past cruise deposit in combination with my 500 voucher.

NCL Stinks. My agent has 20 yrs experience and knows better that they are combinable and was completely frustrated when a Supervisor argued with her saying she didn't know what she was talking about. My agent was steamed! She is still going to try and pursue this get my 250 deposit + 500 voucher. I doubt they'll do anything past that with the 100 vouchers!!!

I can't believe I have to fight for something that is owed to me

Does anyone have a contact at NCL Compass Rewards or some other department that I might be able convince them to apply my credits?

Very, very Frustrated:confused::confused:

So I booked a cruise and sent in my only 500 certificate that I earned before NCL cancelled the program, along with 3 1-category updgrade certificates.

I had already booked through an agent and asked to use my 250 pre-cruise deposit tied to my Past Passenger # that I bought last year onboard the Pearl. No problems there and the 250 was applied to my cruises as deposit.

Now I send in the certificates and my agent tells me the NCL supervisor says that I CANNOT combine the offers (250 pre-cruise deposit + 500 voucher). Absolutely not true. I read the information after I bought the 250 deposit on my previous cruise, and the 500 certificates and it indicates it CAN be combined with other offers.

I can't believe my luck. Many on this board have received the 500 vouchers and gotten upgraded or added OBC with some of the 100 point vouchers!

Me, they haven't even said they'll do anything with the 4 100 vouchers and are denying my past cruise deposit in combination with my 500 voucher.

NCL Stinks. My agent has 20 yrs experience and knows better that they are combinable and was completely frustrated when a Supervisor argued with her saying she didn't know what she was talking about. My agent was steamed! She is still going to try and pursue this get my 250 deposit + 500 voucher. I doubt they'll do anything past that with the 100 vouchers!!!

Does anyone have a contact at NCL Compass Rewards or some other department that I might be able convince them to apply my credits?

This is definitely not the case, since I did it last year, and am in the process of doing it again this year (so it better not be the case :O). Call the NCL Latitudes department, and if you do not get satisfaction with whomever you get ask for a supervisor. Tell them that you are a member of this message board, and you will not sail with NCL again if they do not honor your certificates, and that you will be posting on this message board.

Have you tried calling NCL directly? I haven't booked with a travel agent but if it's less hassle to book with NCL you may want to consider skipping the travel agent this time. JMO

Have you tried calling NCL directly? I haven't booked with a travel agent but if it's less hassle to book with NCL you may want to consider skipping the travel agent this time. JMO

In my experience, it isn't less hassle to book with NCL. You get problems like this that crop up whether you book direct or with a travel agent. The difference is that when something goes wrong, a good travel agent (with 20 years experience!) will have a lot more clout in getting a satisfactory resolution. Cruise lines have a lot more to lose in alienating an agent or an agency or even a consortium of agencies (if applicable) as opposed to an individual client, plus agents have direct business development managers that they see face to face that can intervene if necessary. Sounds like Warm-Water Diver is in the best hands possible and, besides, they don't have to do the work themselves to straighten it out. I know it is still a stressful situation.

Best of luck Warm-Water Diver and I hope this is resolved soon!

Edited by zimmerjulie

Well... I hope you got this straightened out! I just sent two $500 Compass Reward Certificates to NCL via registered mail (I booked online with NCL) and they applied the $1,000 credit to my reservation, which I made with the $250 Cruise Reward purchased on my last cruise. Yes, you can use both together! Don't let NCL or your travel agent tell you that you can't! What you are not suppposed to be able to do, all though some have been successful, is to combine Compass Rewards that are good for money off your cabin with Compass Rewards that are good for upgrades.

Good luck!