NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

2 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

That is really strange.  You can do it online without even talking to anyone.   I logged in, went to my NCL credit card, clicked on Rewards, and the Transfer option is right there.  All I have to do is put in the credit card account number that I want it to transfer to after clicking the button.  There is a Check account eligibility button, but I think that is because you are only allowed so many transfers in a specific time frame.  It might also verify that it is a valid WorldPoints credit card account. I can't find the terms of service anywhere, but that would clarify the rules.

image.png.8835517fbec8670781fc001ff735773c.png

Yea, that kinda contradicts the terms that do say you can't transfer or sell points, then go on to say that you may be able to transfer to another BofA account, give them a call.  Kinda hate to have someone go to all the effort of getting a new card if it's not going to work.  Cruise has already been paid for, so can't use that for getting additional points.

• Like 1

I have six NCL cards three in my name as primary the others in DHs name and I transfer points all the time, and recently my DD and her husband each got cards and I  combined their points for a double upgrade.

i wonder if it has to do with whether or not you are an authorized user on the card.   But as someone else said it’s very quick and easy to do online.  I don’t think I’ve ever done it by phone since BOA took over the card.

This is new to me.  Did you try and do it online just to see if it would work?  Let us know how it comes out.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I have six NCL cards three in my name as primary the others in DHs name and I transfer points all the time, and recently my DD and her husband each got cards and I  combined their points for a double upgrade.

i wonder if it has to do with whether or not you are an authorized user on the card.   But as someone else said it’s very quick and easy to do online.  I don’t think I’ve ever done it by phone since BOA took over the card.

This is new to me.  Did you try and do it online just to see if it would work?  Let us know how it comes out.

At this time, they don't have a NCL card, so nothing to transfer the points to. Cruise is paid for so can't use cruise payment to fulfill purchase requirement.  I definitely don't want to tempt fate by applying my points to their reservation - it's after final payment, don't want to risk the reservation getting cancelled. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure there would even be a mechanism for you to transfer the points because that is an internal thing that only specific agents can do as it gives them access to your credit card info.  Well, if they wind up liking cruising and NCL, you can explain the program to them and help them understand the points game.  Now,YOU have to figure out what to do with all those points!  Spa day, bling, lovely wine and more specialty dining?   What a delima to have 🤩

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just signed up. Should have a few years ago!

Question. The room upgrade for 30,000 points. Is that per person? The first 2 and then 30k for a third person? For a total of 60k for 3 people in one room?

Thank you. Been reading some many pages and could not find the answer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Question. The room upgrade for 30,000 points. Is that per person? The first 2 and then 30k for a third person? For a total of 60k for 3 people in one room?

Per room

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionkingrichard said:

30K is per cabin.  The amount of occupants is not a factor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lionkingrichard said:

With 3 people in the cabin be careful on what kind of cabin you book originally so you have the right option to upgrade.  For example, if you book a O4, you will want to make sure there will be B4 cabins available to upgrade.  From what I’ve read here, you can’t go from a O4 to a BB or BA.  Also, on Epic, you must use 60K points to upgrade from inside to balcony since there are no ocean view cabins.  

• Like 1

You need to do your homework prior to booking.  Recently we booked a sailing on the Dawn.  Recently the Dawn has changed their categories and now there is only BA and BX (quarter where you don’t choose your cabin). So we could not book a mid level cabin to upgrade to a BC or BB.   The next up cabin wa$300 pp more y the time I was ready to upgrade.  This was a surprise to me as we’d sailed the Dawn before and they had the usual assortment of balcony categories.  When in doubt, call WP before yu book to see what cabins will suit your needs and then look at their location and plan accordingly.   

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the info and tips. I did see everyone's posts on the making sure you book the right category. We have almost always booked a BB or BA. 

Our upcoming cruise a Balcony room was $1,200.00 more then OV. Was going to bid, but it is selling out fast! We did get a 10% discount so it was around maybe $900 more. This card would have been nice a month ago.

These are the terms that confused me!

Terms & Conditions:
Offer may be used by individuals, participants in qualified group bookings, by single guests and for use with 3rd and 4th guest bookings. This is a cruise only offer. Offer applies to individual bookings and based on double occupancy.

Thanks again everyone.

• Like 1

My friend is using his points for a discount on a booked cruise.  He went to the website and redeemed the points a couple of days ago.  Does anyone know if NCL or BOA lets you know that the transaction went through and the discount was applied?  We used a travel agency and the final payment is due on 2/8.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robin13 said:

My friend is using his points for a discount on a booked cruise.  He went to the website and redeemed the points a couple of days ago.  Does anyone know if NCL or BOA lets you know that the transaction went through and the discount was applied?  We used a travel agency and the final payment is due on 2/8.  

As soon as you redeem you get an email they received your redemption.

About 5 days later it shows in your account.

I just redeemed over $2,000 worth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

As soon as you redeem you get an email they received your redemption.

About 5 days later it shows in your account.

I just redeemed over $2,000 worth.

Thank you for the reply!  He also redeemed $2000 worth.  Hopefully it will show up before the 8th!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, robin13 said:

Thank you for the reply!  He also redeemed $2000 worth.  Hopefully it will show up before the 8th!

It will as long as he fully redeemed it.

You must redeem and then you actually have to confirm it again on another page.

You will get an email titled " Your cash rewards redemption request"

If not, go and look at your account. Points are taken immediately away.

So I booked a cruise then started looking into this cc points deal and got the card. I have a o4 cabin on the Jewel and I want to get the 30,000 pt. upgrade. Does anyone know what room category that would upgrade to?

Also how long do points show as pending on the BoA website? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Waterfreak2009 said:

So I booked a cruise then started looking into this cc points deal and got the card. I have a o4 cabin on the Jewel and I want to get the 30,000 pt. upgrade. Does anyone know what room category that would upgrade to?

Also how long do points show as pending on the BoA website? Thanks in advance.

O4?   Not a category.

If you have an inside, you can get an ocean view. Ocean view you get a balcony.

Pending till cycle closes. So up to 30 days as soon as 1 day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

O4?   Not a category.

If you have an inside, you can get an ocean view. Ocean view you get a balcony.

Pending till cycle closes. So up to 30 days as soon as 1 day.

Sorry, learning to use the quote feature. Thanks for the info on pending pts. However on the upgrade don't you have to go from a certain oceanview to a certain balcony.. not just any balcony? Current catagory shown in pic above. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waterfreak2009 said:

Sorry, learning to use the quote feature. Thanks for the info on pending pts. However on the upgrade don't you have to go from a certain oceanview to a certain balcony.. not just any balcony? Current catagory shown in pic above. Thanks

Ok you are in a OG category

You might need to spend another $50 to get into an OD OC or higher.

Then upgrade

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Waterfreak2009 said:

Screenshot_20240202_195254_Norwegian.jpg

You are in a Family Oceanview O4.  You will be able to upgrade to B4 which is a Family Balcony.  And, as stated, your points will post once your statement closes.  I call the World Points 800 number and the rep will guide you on which cabins are available.  866-954-4077

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, laudergayle said:

You are in a Family Oceanview O4.  You will be able to upgrade to B4 which is a Family Balcony.  And, as stated, your points will post once your statement closes.  I call the World Points 800 number and the rep will guide you on which cabins are available.  866-954-4077

Ok, so as long as there are B4 cabins available I can upgrade to that. Currently there are some. If they are not available when I upgrade (25 more days of pending pts) then I would have to call NCL, change cabin categories, then use the upgrade. Correct? I think I get it. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Waterfreak2009 said:

Ok, so as long as there are B4 cabins available I can upgrade to that. Currently there are some. If they are not available when I upgrade (25 more days of pending pts) then I would have to call NCL, change cabin categories, then use the upgrade. Correct? I think I get it. Thanks so much.

What ship and dates are you looking at?  I have a website that shows more inventory than what you can see on NCL site (which shows 15 at a time).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

What ship and dates are you looking at?  I have a website that shows more inventory than what you can see on NCL site (which shows 15 at a time).

Jewel, 11day, on Dec 1 2024 from Tampa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the site I referenced shows 20 open B4 cabins (out of ~50) and 100+ BA cabins (out of ~250).  Did you book a B4 because you need a family cabin?  If not, it may be less expensive for you to switch to an OA now and then upgrade to a BA.  Either way, I believe by the time your points post there will be cabins available for you.  I also assume that you have spent enough to close the point gap from 25K bonus to 30k.  BA cabins can sleep 3.

also if you decide to switch to OA now, either call your NCL consultant or the NCL customer service number.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

So the site I referenced shows 20 open B4 cabins (out of ~50) and 100+ BA cabins (out of ~250).  Did you book a B4 because you need a family cabin?  If not, it may be less expensive for you to switch to an OA now and then upgrade to a BA.  Either way, I believe by the time your points post there will be cabins available for you.  I also assume that you have spent enough to close the point gap from 25K bonus to 30k.

I needed room for 3. Not sure if that makes it family? It doesnt really matter as long as we can get 3 in there. I got the offer for 25k bonus points after spending 1k. Then.. so far, have charged just over $1500 towards the cruise. If my calculations are correct that would put me just over 30k pts.

• Like 1