Need Help With Insurance

long_shot45

This may not be the right thread but I need advice on insurance. Never taken it before but just booked 16 day cruise on princess. So many to compare and all look different. HELP... What do i look for????

Visit www.insuremytrip.com for comparing different plans, etc. You do not need to purchase a plan through this site as you can go directly through each insurance company.

One important thing to consider is Medical Evacuation of at least $50,000.00 per person. Why so much? Besides the fact that a MEDEVAC is expensive, the cost of the hospital and treatment is deducted from this total.

My wife and I just purchased insurance for the first time to cover our upcoming 12 day cruise on the TP. The trip will be 16 days long with the pre and post cruise hotel. We looked around quite a bit and went with STA Travel. This is a student travel company, but you do not need to be a student to participate. Their rates are based on the length of the trip and not on the cost or age of the travelers. Check their insurance at http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xchg/us_division_web_live/hs.xsl/travelinsurance.htm A 16 day cruise would only cost you $100 pp. It includes $250,000 in medical evacuation coverage.

Yes, go to insuremytrip.com

It gives a good comparison of programs.

I look for an insurance company that acts as the primary health provider. That means should I get sick that I can fill out forms with them as opposed to first having to file with my insurance company and then for what they don't pay having to file with the insurance company. It just makes the filing of paperwork that much easier.

I look for a plan that provides a good amount of health coverage should somehthing catastrophic happen including the need to be medically evacuated off the ship

And I look for a company that is rated well.

Keith

Archived