New, New York City Tour

Name game

do you know what i have been doing lately? i know i'm not the only one in nyc....or working in nyc....but today, for example.

i was in the 30s....but lexington. i just scoped around for a hotel...and there was a ramada inn....31st and Lexington. then i just started thinking. how cool would it be to just scout the area on foot...and ask around. then that would truly be the way to give tips and what not.

yeah i'm obsessed. y'all are going on your cruises....and name_game and i have to wait for each of ours...(aug and nov?, respectively).

I'm getting a group of friends together to go on this. Of course we don't need the hop on hop off bus. The people I know who did this are from here and they thought it was a blast. They even enjoyed touring Times Square because as "natives", when do we ever do that? I am just amazed at the idea of a bus on the water.

I'm getting a group of friends together to go on this. Of course we don't need the hop on hop off bus. The people I know who did this are from here and they thought it was a blast. They even enjoyed touring Times Square because as "natives", when do we ever do that? I am just amazed at the idea of a bus on the water.

oh stupid me...i didn't even click on the link. yeah boston has these types of tours...they call them duckboat tours. totally awesome going from water to land all on one vehicle. will have to show the wife.

when do you plan on going Name?

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.coachusa.com/nysplashtours/

This is a brand new tour. You can combine it with the hop on hop off bus. I am going to check it out next weekend (probably on the 20th). The people I know who did it can't stop raving about it. Bit of warning though, you do get a little wet.

I have anxiously been awaiting the 20th. Have you taken this tour yet and if so, what can you tell us about it please?

Jennie

I have anxiously been awaiting the 20th. Have you taken this tour yet and if so, what can you tell us about it please?

Jennie

Planned on doing it today (the 21st, I confused the date) but have to postpone until next week. I will certainly post my review.

I am also waiting to see what you think and what parts of NY you see. I am planning a visit next summer with teenage daughters so want some 'fun' activities. A workmate is going in late October with her 4 kids aged 6 - 17, I was telling her about the tour and she would be interested although given the season, was concerned about the thought of getting wet.

Anyway have fun. There is nothing like being a tourist in your own home town. Minimal travel costs, free lodging - just fun.:)

I am ordering tickets now for next Saturday for me and two others (hopefully it won't rain). From what I understand, you do get a little wet. The tour takes you around Times Square. I will have an update next week.

Ok people, don't kill me. I am supposed to do the splash tour tomorrow but the weather report is calling for thunderstorms, some severe. If the weather is really bad then this tour is being postponed again. I promise to review it as soon as I do it.

Ok people, don't kill me. I am supposed to do the splash tour tomorrow but the weather report is calling for thunderstorms, some severe. If the weather is really bad then this tour is being postponed again. I promise to review it as soon as I do it.

Sure hope it does not rain. I am waiting for the reveiw.

We are flying into Newark to cruise on the Explorer of the Seas late Aug. We will be staying at the Hyatt in Jersey City. We are thinking about the Hop On/Hop Off tour (probably through Grayline). From my understanding the Hyatt is very close to the PATH. Will the PATH take us to a location to pick up the Hop On/Hop Off bus? Does the PATH run 24/7?

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/path/html/

The above link you can find the path schedule. I am not sure if they run 24 hours as I never take the path train.

It is my understanding that the hop on hop off bus is all over the city and you can "hop on" at different locations. I'm sure there must be a hop on location by one of the path stops.

But we are flying out on Friday and will arrive NYC Friday night - don't you get wet anyway??? LOL.

Jennie

But we are flying out on Friday and will arrive NYC Friday night - don't you get wet anyway??? LOL.

Jennie

Rain doesn't bother me, thunder and lightening while being on the river scares me :eek: . Wouldn't you know it it's not raining yet and the sun is out? Everyone here can thank me for the nice weather outside - it's because I postponed my splash tour :p .

When I was in Times Square last week, the "boat" was on the street and I asked the guys who were selling the tickets about this - it doesn't really go too far - a short ride to the water and then a short ride in the water near the pier.

It was $29 for adults, and we didn't think it was worth the money for the short ride. I'd rather do the HOHO bus for a little bit more money.

When I was in Times Square last week, the "boat" was on the street and I asked the guys who were selling the tickets about this - it doesn't really go too far - a short ride to the water and then a short ride in the water near the pier.

It was $29 for adults, and we didn't think it was worth the money for the short ride. I'd rather do the HOHO bus for a little bit more money.

For me it's just something different to do. For people coming into town, you can combine the Splash Tour with one of the 48 hour hop on hop off bus tours for $65 which makes the Splash Tour discounted. I just looked up the costs of the different 48 hour HOHO bus tours - boy are they expensive.

For me it's just something different to do. For people coming into town, you can combine the Splash Tour with one of the 48 hour hop on hop off bus tours for $65 which makes the Splash Tour discounted. I just looked up the costs of the different 48 hour HOHO bus tours - boy are they expensive.

They sure are. We've found the CitySights buses about $10 per person less than Gray Line.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done both bus tours - they are virtually the same, but the CitySights is about $10 less than Grey Line. They stop at the same places - you will see the bus signs say both tour company names where you pick up the buses at various stops.

WHat I can tell you is that the CitySIiht bus I was on only had seats on top of the bus and when it is hot out, it is HOT. We did the Harlem tour three weeks ago and we were soaking wet from sweating.

The Grey Line buses had seats inside the bus on the bottom that were air conditioned.

On either bus, if you sit up top pay attention - you can get whipped buy tree branches if you don't duck.

We used NYC Partytours in March and had a great time. We started on 7th Ave and we were dropped off at the Empire state building 5 1/2 hours later...we could of been dropped off at the starting point but took this option so we could go up the Empire State building. The bus holds about 30 people and the tour guide gets off at all the sites with you and explains everything, very knowledgeable and personable. :)

We used NYC Partytours in March and had a great time. We started on 7th Ave and we were dropped off at the Empire state building 5 1/2 hours later...we could of been dropped off at the starting point but took this option so we could go up the Empire State building. The bus holds about 30 people and the tour guide gets off at all the sites with you and explains everything, very knowledgeable and personable. :)

Are you talking about the New York Party Shuttle Tours? http://www.newyorkpartyshuttle.com/

We were considering the Grayline tour, but after reading about this tour -- we might reconsider.

Anyone else with comments on the New York Party Shuttle?:confused:

Are you talking about the New York Party Shuttle Tours? http://www.newyorkpartyshuttle.com/

We were considering the Grayline tour, but after reading about this tour -- we might reconsider.

Anyone else with comments on the New York Party Shuttle?:confused:

That party shuttle bus is virtually no different than Gray Line or CutySights and more expensive.

Yes it was the New York city Party Shuttle tour. When we were looking for information this one seemed to have all the places that we wanted to see and stopped at them. We were looking for a smaller group and found that our tour guide Luke was very informative. The other tours may be just as good and maybe cost the same or a little less but we really wanted a smaller group. We highly recommend this tour.:D

Archived