Shore Tours - Villa

Croozin'

We’ve being going through the shore tour options for our rapidly-approaching first cruise. (Less than 2 weeks to go!!) Would love to get some advice.

We’ve pretty much decided to take the ‘Relics of WW II’ tour in Luganville as it is something we’re interested in. We’re a bit stuck on Villa, though, and the time has come for negotiation. We can’t decide between:

Paradise Cove Sail – Snorkel

Village Adventure – Circle Island (full day)

Introductory Dive – The Twin Bommies (We’ve never dived before)

Vila – Environs Sightseeing

Ekasup Cultural Village

My take on the other snorkeling/beach destinations it that we’re travelling to 3 other islands and can do that there; we may as well do a tour if it’s available. My husband was a bit keen on the horse riding, but I think I get to overrule that because the above suggestions are what we both want to do!

Any suggestions?

I haven't done it myself, but i've heard from many people that the Ekasup Cultural Village Tour is fantastic.

We did a round island trip last October (not a P&O tour) and while it was good and informative about the local areas, and we stopped at some beautiful beaches and villages, it was just too long.

Knowing Vila, i'd say if it's your first time there you might be disappointed if you do an all day tour, as there is so much wonderful shopping to be had there, you won't want to miss out on popping into all the shops to see what you can see.

Vanuatu has no copyright laws so you can buy "Louis Vitton" "Gucci" "Prada" and all the rest of the big names (knock off's of course, but great quality), as well as copies of current video games and computer programs and all the latest DVD's.

does anyone have the info on where the best place to buy knock off bags are?.

we plan on taking it easy and just shopping in town. Then again it will be january when we will be there so guessing it be very sticky

:D Hi Croozer Hope I spelt that right? I am going to Villa in Nov this year. Ive been looking into Mele Cascade Falls tours dont know if you have heard of them? Here is thier Web site to find out more info http://www.evergreen.com.vu Hope this help . Just reply to me if I can help you out on a bit more info on this.

does anyone have the info on where the best place to buy knock off bags are?

I've got all of mine from "The Mall". It's the little corner store opposite Fung Kuei duty free. There are a few "The Mall"s there but the corner one is the best. They have all the dvd's and video games in the front of the shop and the clothes and bags are down the back.

I went to all the shops before deciding to buy my bags there. They seemed the best quality and the best price there.

While they're still a bit more expensive than you might expect they are excellent quality! I got a knock off LV bag there in 2005 that i've used every day since coming back and it still looks brand new! No snags or loose threads and the zip has never jammed or popped open.

I've got all of mine from "The Mall". It's the little corner store opposite Fung Kuei duty free. There are a few "The Mall"s there but the corner one is the best. They have all the dvd's and video games in the front of the shop and the clothes and bags are down the back.

I went to all the shops before deciding to buy my bags there. They seemed the best quality and the best price there.

While they're still a bit more expensive than you might expect they are excellent quality! I got a knock off LV bag there in 2005 that i've used every day since coming back and it still looks brand new! No snags or loose threads and the zip has never jammed or popped open.

Hi, this is exciting news! Can you tell me how much (approximately) the handbags were and also the DVD's? In regards to video games - do you mean like Play Station games and if so, do they work on the Australian consoles? Thanks for this info!

Hi, this is exciting news! Can you tell me how much (approximately) the handbags were and also the DVD's? In regards to video games - do you mean like Play Station games and if so, do they work on the Australian consoles? Thanks for this info!

I've only ever got a couple of games - they were for Playstation 1, very old school. But they worked. My console has that funky little chip in it that allows copied and overseas versions though, so i'm not 100% if they work in non-chipped machines. Most of the big shops sell games for game boy, PS2, Xbox etc, but it's best to sus out the prices in each shop before buying.

The movie prices vary. The new stuff that's still in cinemas here cost about $20 each, but the older stuff can be $5 or $10 each.

Computer programs vary a lot too - latest versions are about $20 or $25 each and less for the older versions. Sorry I can't give exact prices as hubby did all those purchases ;)

As for the knock off bags, I have the small round one that I use every day. It cost $110. I know that sounds a lot but it's excellent quality and came with a smaller version of itself (great for your sunnies). And I also go the medium overnight bag for $170 which is also excellent quality.

As I said earlier, they're not as cheap as you might think but they're still a lot cheaper than the real deal and just as well made!

They have every style and colour that you could possibly want too :)

I've only ever got a couple of games - they were for Playstation 1, very old school. But they worked. My console has that funky little chip in it that allows copied and overseas versions though, so i'm not 100% if they work in non-chipped machines. Most of the big shops sell games for game boy, PS2, Xbox etc, but it's best to sus out the prices in each shop before buying.

The movie prices vary. The new stuff that's still in cinemas here cost about $20 each, but the older stuff can be $5 or $10 each.

Computer programs vary a lot too - latest versions are about $20 or $25 each and less for the older versions. Sorry I can't give exact prices as hubby did all those purchases ;)

As for the knock off bags, I have the small round one that I use every day. It cost $110. I know that sounds a lot but it's excellent quality and came with a smaller version of itself (great for your sunnies). And I also go the medium overnight bag for $170 which is also excellent quality.

As I said earlier, they're not as cheap as you might think but they're still a lot cheaper than the real deal and just as well made!

They have every style and colour that you could possibly want too :)

MsMinx, I have the exact same bag, but have the larger version of the meduim overnight one. I love it!! was really lucky to nab it Phuket for $65AUD:eek: yes, alot cheaper than Vila, but hey, Thailand is known for knockoffs really cheap!!

I hadnt even looked for bags in Vila last trip, but I know the shop your talking about, I bought some lovely good quality sarongs there:p

It's great to get something really cheap, but if it's not good quality and breaks, whats the point? We bought some cheap sunnies back from Thailand for us and the kids, about 8 pairs, most are broken, uncomfortable to wear or the "designer logo's" have come off:mad:

Chez

xx

Ok, so shopping seems to definitely be the go! We're thinking now we'll do the cultural experience. Still keen on the sail & snorkel one, but we'll be sailing every day on a big ship and going to plenty of islands where we can hire snorkling equipment and go do that (never done it before).

Villa & Environs tour - seems to me that we can do that ourselves and maybe buy a small guidebook before we go so we know what we're looking at.

Hmmm, might not let my husband see this thread and all its shopping-related chat!!

I hadnt even looked for bags in Vila last trip, but I know the shop your talking about, I bought some lovely good quality sarongs there:p

It's great to get something really cheap, but if it's not good quality and breaks, whats the point? We bought some cheap sunnies back from Thailand for us and the kids, about 8 pairs, most are broken, uncomfortable to wear or the "designer logo's" have come off:mad:

Chez

xx

Oh don't you hate it when your 'Gucci' logo drops off LOL! :p

I got a gorgeous sarong there last time too. It's got a frangipani print on it :) I think it's silk. It's just beautiful.

We’ve being going through the shore tour options for our rapidly-approaching first cruise. (Less than 2 weeks to go!!) Would love to get some advice.

We’ve pretty much decided to take the ‘Relics of WW II’ tour in Luganville as it is something we’re interested in. We’re a bit stuck on Villa' date=' though, and the time has come for negotiation. We can’t decide between:[/font']

Paradise Cove Sail – Snorkel

Village Adventure – Circle Island (full day)

Introductory Dive – The Twin Bommies (We’ve never dived before)

Vila – Environs Sightseeing

Ekasup Cultural Village

My take on the other snorkeling/beach destinations it that we’re travelling to 3 other islands and can do that there; we may as well do a tour if it’s available. My husband was a bit keen on the horse riding, but I think I get to overrule that because the above suggestions are what we both want to do!

Any suggestions?

My family did the Ekasup Cultural village tour last year and we loved it (photos below). Would recommend this tour to anyone.

We had lunch on the ship and then went shopping.

Karen

My family did the Ekasup Cultural village tour last year and we loved it (photos below). Would recommend this tour to anyone.

We had lunch on the ship and then went shopping.

Karen

OK, booked that tour. That's what I think we'll do! Village, lunch, then look around. Thanks everyone!

Archived