wash&iron on Insignia question

lilybud

Does anyone have advice on using the 4 laundry rooms? And are there only! four? Are they coin operated? When is the best time of day to go?

Are there plenty of ironing boards? OR does all the laundry go to a dry cleaning facility on the ship? Are there both a self-service laundry room, and a dry cleaners? Thanks

first cruise in 20 years!

As far as I know there is only one laundry room with 4 washers and 4 dryers. When we were on the Insignia this spring, there were two ironing boards and two irons. They are always plugged in, and there is a big button you punch on the wall to heat them up. Periodically, you have to push the button to keep the iron "on", a good safety feature.

We found the best time to do laundry was after lunch when you are at a port for the day. There is a laundry service, plus dry cleaning services. To wash and dry a load of laundry, it's $3.00 US. I looked at the price list for the ship to wash/press a pair of pants and it was $3.50 US. However, I heard the service is excellent. We found it handy to bring some microfibre/quick drying clothing found in sports stores, as it was easy to give a shirt a quick wash in the sink and then hang it up to dry just before bed or while we toured. This type of clothing usually dries in a few hours. Hope this helps!

. . . Regatta’s self-service laundry room. Insignia’s is about the same, except she has chairs instead of the sofa. We, actually DW, needed an extra Token to get our laundry really dry.

Laundry-1.jpg.ff6ad0a9b9d917a4b3972c6aacdbfd9b.jpg

On HAL you can have a bag of laundry done for $12.00-$15.00..

When we cruised to the Amazon we took advantage of that service several times...The bags are small but you can really get a great deal into them by rolling your clothes & stuffing all the corners....They also have unlimited laundry service for about $75.00..

Does Oceania have anything like that or are you charged by the piece?

I'm really hoping that I don't have to do my own laundry on our Amazon 26 day cruise in Nov...If Oceania has something like this I would gladly spend the $$$ to get our laundry done..This way we can bring less clothes..:) Betty

Archived