Must Bring Items!

travgurl

We have found a light weight backpack/daypack to be indispensible for going ashore. You can carry personal items easily/conveniently on shore for excursions as well transport any bargains you pick up in port, leaving your hands free.

If you have a digital camera, bring extra batteries and extra memory cards. I like being able to freely take pictures without worry. We will literally take hundreds of pictures though not necessarily print them all.

Also bring a cheap waterproof camera if you have any excursions where its necessary. They don't take the best pictures, but they are better than no pictures at all.

Even though my wife says it's not fashionable, I have a fanny pack I have used for years. There is a small pocket on the backside for passports and enough room in the main pouch for wallet, keys etc. In my case I would rather have everything safe than be "fashionable"...

Be sure to bring a credit card, lots of $1 bills, your meds, vitamins, a small electric outlet strip as there is only one outlet in cabin. I drink alot of bottled water, so brought some of them.

Have a great time!

Jane

My suggestions:

general medicines - advil, pepto, etc - hopefully you won't need it but if you do it beats myster medicine in port or having to wait for a ship doctor

small scissors - always have to cut a thread or tags off an item (remember to pack in checked luggage on plane)

I always bring a cheap plastic rain poncho, 88 cents at Walmart and fit easily in your pocket or purse. I also bring an insulated mug to keep cold drinks cold. Those plastic cups they give you onboard are small and don't seem to keep a drink cold for long.

Terri

The biggest thing I learned was not to over pack! Don't forget DH dress socks for formal night...yes, I -or should I say -We forgot his. Next time I am bringing hand soap for the bathroom...

other things:

small clock for room

call credit card company and let them know you are tarveling-leave copy of front and back at home-just incase!

post-it notes/pen

thank you note for room stewart-I gave and extra trip since she was so good

print out labels for post cards to home...so quick!

lost of $1's for tipping

OR FORGET ALL THIS AND JUST HAVE FUN!!! LOL....ENJOY

I always take my little fan,my ginger root pills (for just in cases) & my clothes pins to pin on the bottom of the shower curtain. They help to weigh it down some so it won't fly as bad.

Janis, I'm 100% with you on the little fan...it's a must have for me!!!

I don't leave home without it and if i happen to forget we stop and buy ANOTHER ONE...lol...yes, i have a collection of them...DH and i were out shopping today and i saw a really cute pink on and i told him i needed it (joking) NO, he didn't let me buy it...

I always bring air freshener for the bathroom and throw it away the last night.

An insulated mug

A small travel clock

50 $1 bills for tips

After you pack, take everything back out and leave half at home.

Have fun

I always bring air freshener for the bathroom and throw it away the last night.

An insulated mug

A small travel clock

50 $1 bills for tips

After you pack, take everything back out and leave half at home.

Have fun

i found the best air freshner at the auto parts store...small can and i can put it in with my next trip stuff and not have to rebuy...

LOVE THE PACK AND UNPACK...SOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!! I will do it from now on!

Some sort of shoe organizer for the closet. I bought one for $1 at dollar tree b/c I couldn't find the 3 others I have (packed somewhere). On my last cruise, I used it for my S&S card, sunblock, pens, meds, jewelery, money, and anything else that would have just laid around and cluttered stuff up. A MUST! I like the kind that is on a hanger and just hangs in the closet. They make all kinds.

passport or BC & ID

copy of passport to have when in port

money, 1's for tips

CC

Medicines

travel size first aid kit

extension cord or power supply of some type

clorox wipes

air freshner

belt bag

old cell phone for an alarm clock

passport or BC & ID

copy of passport to have when in port

money, 1's for tips

CC

Medicines

travel size first aid kit

extension cord or power supply of some type

clorox wipes

air freshner

belt bag

old cell phone for an alarm clock

Why not your current cell phone?

The biggest thing I learned was not to over pack! Don't forget DH dress socks for formal night...yes, I -or should I say -We forgot his. Next time I am bringing hand soap for the bathroom...

other things:

small clock for room

call credit card company and let them know you are tarveling-leave copy of front and back at home-just incase!

post-it notes/pen

thank you note for room stewart-I gave and extra trip since she was so good

print out labels for post cards to home...so quick!

lost of $1's for tipping

OR FORGET ALL THIS AND JUST HAVE FUN!!! LOL....ENJOY

I LOVE the idea for print out labels for post cards..I never thought of that! We are going to "Hell" in Grand Cayman and wanted to mail my postcards from there. Thanks for the tip!!!!!

I always bring duct tape...great for last minute sewing emergencies or luggage repair! I have used it the past 3 cruises for one thing or another! I suggest getting the flat dispenser type because the roll is kinda bulky and I'm sure you need all the room you can squeeze out of your suitcase:p

Archived