One way airfare from Europe

denisey

I am taking a TransAtlantic cruise next year from Miami to Rome. The cruise line airfare is $929 plus a $75 deviation fee (we're staying in Rome) plus they MAY charge us more if the flight costs them more.

So I've been eyeballing flights on my own, to see if I can get something reasonable. One way flights are running between $1,400~$2,500. Round trip flights (Rome-Seattle, then Seattle-Rome) are $1,000.

So my question is what would happen if we bought the round trip, and then Ooops! didn't use the return ticket.

I tried talking DH into taking the return TranAltantic later in the year and use the return flight then, but no go!

Thanks!

So my question is what would happen if we bought the round trip, and then Ooops! didn't use the return ticket.
If you only do it once, or once in a blue moon: almost certainly, nothing.

Some people say that it's safer not to claim the frequent flyer miles for the flight, so that you can't be positively identified by the airline without a lot of difficulty and they don't have any leverage over you by threatening to cancel your mileage. But I've legitimately missed a number of flights and never had any problems. Airline revenue protection departments have bigger fish to fry.

Archived