Host Caroline - CC party Infinity 9th June2005??

Lobbylin

Host Caroline,

You very kindly commented on my question for when to travel in 2005 that CC were considering a CC cruise mid June 2005. Personally, I wish to proceed with Celebrity Infinity 9th June out of San Francisco. Was this the cruise you were considering and if so, should I wait to book?

My dilemma is that I'm from the UK and would probably get a much better cruise-only rate booking with a US travel agent than a UK agent due to the current excellent US/GBP exchange rate .... except I am not familiar with any US reputable travel agents, and secondly believe there is some kind of regulation where UK residents must book through the UK celebrity website (I encountered this on a previous Celebrity cruise....)

All advise welcome - I personally feel disadvantaged booking through a UK TA!

Thanks Linda

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lbackwith:

Host Caroline,

You very kindly commented on my question for when to travel in 2005 that CC were considering a CC cruise mid June 2005. Personally, I wish to proceed with Celebrity Infinity 9th June out of San Francisco. Was this the cruise you were considering and if so, should I wait to book?

My dilemma is that I'm from the UK and would probably get a much better cruise-only rate booking with a US travel agent than a UK agent due to the current excellent US/GBP exchange rate .... except I am not familiar with any US reputable travel agents, and secondly believe there is some kind of regulation where UK residents must book through the UK celebrity website (I encountered this on a previous Celebrity cruise....)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually was considering one of the "round trip" San Francisco sailings due to airfare considerations and bec. so many people have asked for cruises from San Fran that they could drive to also. I used to be a TA and never had any clients from the UK .. but have heard of this glitch (which is ridiculous IMHO). Send me an email at Carocruiser@aol.com and I'll put you in touch with someone who can answer that from the U.S. Have you checked directly with Celebrity?

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Archived