Snorklers vs. Non Snorklers

TheRobber

Ok, we leave in just a couple of weeks for our Cruise. I want to show my oldest son who will turn 10 on the cruise the world of snorkeling. I did it once on my honeymoon almost 14 years ago and still recall how cool it was! Problem being is that I also will be with my wife and 6 year old son who won't be doing the snorkeling thing. Wife can't seem to get the concept of breathing under water and I don't think the youngest would get it either? anyhow, what can we do as a family to enjoy both activities? Wife and youngest son would probably like to hang on a beach while I went out with my older son. I don't like the idea of booking separate excursions and being separated on an island. I have been reading about 7 mile, is that beach good for snorkling and relaxing? Do you have any other thoughts? Please help.

I don't like the idea of booking separate excursions and being separated on an island.

If you're going to be separated at any point during your cruise, Cayman is probably the absolute safest place to do it. It's a very, very safe island, and your son and wife could relax on Seven Mile in confidence while you and your older son go on a snorkeling excursion. They won't run into the same types of beach vendors and peddlers that you'll find on other islands, and most areas of Seven Mile will have enough other people around that they won't feel isolated or alone.

I wouldn't make that same recommendation about most other islands, but on Cayman I never worry about going for a walk alone, even.

Archived