A little concerned

Cruise Dreams

Guess I am fortunate that the 4 online agencies I've used have all been teriffic. Voice mails/emails have always been answered same day. I can understand your frustration though, but I think it'll work out fine for you.

I guess you both can look at it on the positive side & consider it a lesson learned. Next time, go with a 'real' TA, not an online booking engine. I hope you both are able to forget about the problems & now look forward to your cruises! :)

The problems I had that resulted in transferring my booking were with a "real" TA. The new online TA did a fantastic job of communicating and taking care of every aspect of two cruises. I wouldn't tolerate the treatment that the OP is getting from any TA!

I have called the travel agency both on Friday and today, to request to speak with a supervisor. Both times I've been told she's out of the office, and I was patched through to voicemail. The agent still hasn't returned my phone messages, or my emails. Funny thing is....she's the supervisor for customer service. Wow!

The gal I spoke with today asked if I had booked online or over the phone. When I told her I had booked online, she said that it's difficult to get help when you book online!!!! Wow! I'm still shaking my head over that response. She then put me through to the supervisor's voicemail.

Perhaps they need to get out of the "online" business, if they can't provide customer service to those who book online. Good grief!

Final payment is tomorrow. I really thought this would have been resolved on Friday. Two words come to mind: Never Again!!! Rassum Frassum!!

Cindep...I sent you an email.

Well we live and learn don't we, just make sure that the final payment gets credited and you don't end up with a canceled cruise. :eek:

The only time I book with an online agency is if I don't really need a human, just someone willing to discount my cruise price. Since I know what ship I want, what sailing, and the cabin number, no problem. I don't often check for price drops as the category we book usually doesn't have any anyway.

Simple bookings are all I would consider booking with a site unseen TA.

For anyone that has a lot of questions or might want to make several changes in their booking, there are only a few I know of that are online TA's that seem to be available when you need them.

Otherwise, I suggest booking direct with the cruise line, that way you can make all the changes you want, and call at any time and talk to someone since you are totally in charge of your booking and there is no middle man to go through. Yes, it might cost you a few extra $$$$ but if you need to take care of things/problems/changes immediately, it is the only way to go.

You are obviously computer savy so book directly with the cruise line. I always book online. Any questions or concerns have always been addressed immediately. It is so much easier than dealing with a third party. By the way, I am a former travel agent!

Just a follow-up on my end ... I'm in the process of moving my booking to a different online agency that I have dealt with previously. They always answer my e-mails within 30 minutes. Like you said, I don't ''need'' a TA to walk me through things, I was just after the best price. Fortunately the new agency was willing to meet the old agency's price, so I can move forward from here. Also verified with the travel insurance company that the agency doesn't make any difference and the policy transfers.

The lesson I've now learned is if I don't get a response from ANY agent within 24 hours (during normal business days), it's time to move on and look for another agent. There are plenty of competent agents willing to get a commission off my booking. I'm still the customer and the one paying.

Archived