Bringing on Soda and Water?

uflouie

The water on the ships is so good....more pure than what you will be lugging in bottles, that you may wish to only bring a few bottles that you can keep refilling.

If a lab were to analyze your bottled water vs ship's tap water, I'd venture ship's water will be more pure everytime.

But, of course, that wasn't your question.

Yes.... you can lug aboard all the soda and water you wish.

We don't drink cokes/sodas -so on the World Cruise we brought aboard a case of flavored water -No problem, We replenished it with another case in Singapore- no problem. Flavored water is NOT available on the ship from the ship's stores.

Anne

There are sodas in your room when you arrive, but they are NOT free. Ask your stewart to remove them if you plan to have your own sodas. We did not carry sodas on board when we embarked, but when made port stops we bought 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke and Ginger Ale and brought them on board with no problem. Our steward kept our ice bucket full all the time and we used the ice and glasses provided to have sodas in our room.

I think they only have an issue with alcohol.

two questions does Holland carry Coke or Pepsi products??

and do they have a soda card you can buy so you don't have to purchase each and every soda?

Coke products and yes they do have a soda card.

One other thing they do not have Dr. Pepper. But the Wal-Mart in Puerto Vallarta sells it. You have to ask for it but they sell it.

Soda card IMO is not worth the price. Bring a big therman mug and your own bottles of soda. Ice is always available. So is iced tea. If you don't have to fly or worry about luggage eight, that is the ay to go if you drink alot of soda.

That will be the day when I lug bottles of soda just to save a few pennies.

But I do agree that the soda card is just not worth it. With the card you get 20 glasses of soda for $20.70; two glasses is one can.

The cans cost $2.01 after you add in the service charge.

Ten cans cost $20.10 and is the equivalent of the 20 glasses.

The biggest benefit (IMO) of the soda card is that you don't have to keep track of order slips to proof your bill against. It might be worth the $0.60 additional price. :rolleyes:

Can you use the soda card in the bars when you sit down with a group that orders drinks or is it only good when you go to a bar and take the soda away??

I sit and stay.

(good puppy :rolleyes: )

Ruth I'm with you on lugging on soda. Can you order the cans in bulk say from room service once you board and just store in your cabin? That way you would only have one slip to keep up with. I will bring a personal sized bottle of water aboard and refill it from the tap. Oh and some packets of crystal lite.

I suppose you could, Sandy. I don't see any reason why not. I can't drink real drinks so I have soda at the bars at night. I order as the spirit moves me, so never thought about ordering a supply. I don't spend any time (to speak of) in my cabin, so never have a soda there.

wow that doesn't seem very good. on carnival, princess and rc they sell the cards for unlimited sodas

HAL had an "unlimited" card, but it was abused so it was discontinued. People were buying one card then sharing it---not just buying a drink for someone else once in a while, but an entire family was drinking an unlimited amount on one card which was not the deal. So, everyone now has to do without.

what about hot chocolate? is there an extra charge for that?

There's hot chocolate available complimentary in the Lido 24/7.

Ruth: LOL I love the way you put the chocolate in the color it belongs. Now is this the powdered version that you have to put in the cup and use with the hot water? or is this pre-made? If it is pre-made I'll have to bring a bigger thermal mug. :D

I think it's packet, Sandy. Believe it or not I've never had it on HAL. At home I make my own hot cocoa from scratch (it's too easy) and never think about packets. Maybe on this next trip, though. :confused: It's heading to some "hot chocolate"-type areas. ;)

I normally bring a six pack of coke on board and a can or two of ice tea. I purchased a foldable cooler a few years ago. I ask my room steward to keep it fill with ice.

During the day I mainly just drink alot of water. But if I want a soda, I just bring one along with me.

I purchased a soda card on the Oosterdam (or was it on the Westerdam??) and I only used half the card.

If you are a heavy soda drinker and don't want to lug drinks on board,purchase the soda card. But if you want to save money, buy drinks prior to boarding and place them in your room.

If you do use the frig, ask your steward to clear everything out so no issues come up later.

Happy sailing!!!

Archived