NO themed cruises!

Soprrrano

OMG, thank you for posting the question about not knowing about a themed cruise in advance! It didn't even cross my mind that there could be large groups of people on board the expensive cruise that I have saved up all my life for who could ruin my trip by their unruly belavior!

All I want to do on a cruise is relax and get away from it all and see some beautiful new countries. If I had boarded the ship and then found out that there was a very large group of clearly uneducated people who think that Beethoven is better than Mozart, I would be SO angry. I'm sorry, and no offense, but I just cannot associate with people like that. I don't know what happened to them in their childhood to make them act like that (and be so open - although you can tell just by looking at them- about their preference of Beethoven over the great God of Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart). Now I know to check before I book! What a good tip to ask this question to your TA!

Thank you, seriously. You saved me from a miserable 14 days and 13 nights from drunken losers singing Beethoven's 9th symphony "Ode to Joy" or his 5th symphony "duh duh duh duuuuu" at the top of their lungs. Can you imagine???? yuk Give me Mozart's "Cosi fan tutte" over that garbage ANY day.

• 7 months later...
OMG, thank you for posting the question about not knowing about a themed cruise in advance! It didn't even cross my mind that there could be large groups of people on board the expensive cruise that I have saved up all my life for who could ruin my trip by their unruly belavior!

All I want to do on a cruise is relax and get away from it all and see some beautiful new countries. If I had boarded the ship and then found out that there was a very large group of clearly uneducated people who think that Beethoven is better than Mozart, I would be SO angry. I'm sorry, and no offense, but I just cannot associate with people like that. I don't know what happened to them in their childhood to make them act like that (and be so open - although you can tell just by looking at them- about their preference of Beethoven over the great God of Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart). Now I know to check before I book! What a good tip to ask this question to your TA!

Thank you, seriously. You saved me from a miserable 14 days and 13 nights from drunken losers singing Beethoven's 9th symphony "Ode to Joy" or his 5th symphony "duh duh duh duuuuu" at the top of their lungs. Can you imagine???? yuk Give me Mozart's "Cosi fan tutte" over that garbage ANY day.

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen on this site. I cannot believe that you would complain so much about someone liking Beethoven over Mozart- you should be happy that the people are into classical music at all! Its not like they're sticking you on a cruise with 50 cents' posse, or on a Britney Spears fan club cruise. You should enjoy being on a cruise with people that like similar, not identical things- that is waht makes life exciting.

I'm still confused.......was that for real? :confused: :eek:
Real or not, I do believe that it's a bit pretentious for OP to think that either Beethovan or W.A.Mozart would have amounted to anything had it not been for the early ground work of the Baroque masters like J.S. Bach, Handel & Vivaldi.

Charlie Yes, it's a joke.

Real or not, I do believe that it's a bit pretentious for OP to think that either Beethovan or W.A.Mozart would have amounted to anything had it not been for the early ground work of the Baroque masters like J.S. Bach, Handel & Vivaldi.

Does this dress make me look fat?

anorexic.jpg

I'm still confused.......was that for real? :confused: :eek:

For the answer to that question, go to post #8. Put your cursor just to the right of my signature name (Charlie). Hold down the left mouse button and move the cursor to the right, highlighting the area to the right of my sig.

Charlie

You left out Telemann and Purcell. Cretin.

<GASP>:eek:

OMG that's hilarious.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,

Tochter aus Elysium,

Wir betreten feuertrunken.

Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!

Deine Zauber binden wieder

Was die Mode streng geteilt;

Alle Menschen werden Brüder

Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

:cool:

I recently heard a wonderful performance of Beethoven's 7th. I can't imagine any classical music fan NOT getting off on the 2nd movement, but that's just me. :P Mozart's Requiem, Ave Verum, and some of his operas do the same to me.

Archived