Change of Ports - Carnival Liberty

1cruiser2004

Did anyone notice that Carnival changed the ports again for the fall 6 night cruise on the Liberty? :( Why don't they notify guests when they do this? I really wanted to go to Costa Maya? Why did they change?

Bummer! I loved loved loved Costa Maya!:(

This is the 2nd time they changed the ports for this cruise. The original sailings in their books had one thing listed (I can't remeber what they were), then they changed to Freeport, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya.

Now they just changed again yesterday. The new ports are Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I'm worried if I change to another sailing, they will change again after final payment has been made. :confused:

They probably changed because a lot of times they aren't able to port there due to rough waters and weather. I've checked out most of reviews that people write on the CC and a lot of them say they were not able to port in Costa Maya due to weather conditions. :rolleyes:

This is the 2nd time they changed the ports for this cruise. The original sailings in their books had one thing listed (I can't remeber what they were), then they changed to Freeport, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya.

Now they just changed again yesterday. The new ports are Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I'm worried if I change to another sailing, they will change again after final payment has been made. :confused:

If I remember correctly, the original sailing was Freeport, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. They switched out Costa Maya for Cozumel.

Oh, and before that I was booked on the October 3rd cruise on the Glory. After it was reserved and I was on these boards and discovered that booked by a Gothic group of about 1000 people. Carnival stated that don't notify people of groups unless it is 50% booked by that group. My husband noted that we would have had the pool deck to ourselves cause many Gothic folks don't tan. But we did decide to change from that cruise to this one even though we lost 1 days cruising. The Glory was full for the November sailing.

I just booked my Cruise 2 weeks ago. This newest change is just on the Carnival site today. Travelocity hasn't even updated their site yet and Orbitz only posted the update this afternoon. When I booked two weeks ago, it was Freeport, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya.

I am pulling out all my printed paperwork and I actually think this is the 3rd change. It was Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios for a time, then when they changed to Costa Maya in the middle of June I booked it. Now they have changed back.

Did anyone notice that Carnival changed the ports again for the fall 6 night cruise on the Liberty? :( Why don't they notify guests when they do this? I really wanted to go to Costa Maya? Why did they change?

I have been booked on Carnival Liberty for the 8/26/07 sailing since March and Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios was always the itinerary.

hmm we booked back in NOV of last year for our SEPT liberty CRUISE! it was suppose to be Freeport, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya then they changed it..only once..back in FEB i think it was to Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I too was looking forward to Costa Maya, but now am really looking forward to JAM, eventho i hear bad things about it, i hope we will have a good time there. :)

-David.

I did the 6 day on the Liberty in April we did Freeport, GC and Costa Maya. Freeport for Key West would be good to me I thought Freeport was boring. However Costa Maya for Ocho Rios I would be bummed I love Costa Maya.

On Carnival web site there are three links to the 6 day itineraries.

the ports Liberty is hitting NOW are Freeport, Grand cayman and Costa maya.

Starting the 2nd week in August (12) the new ports will be Key West, Grand Cayman amd Ocho RIos. This has been set for many months now.

and starting in Nov the liberty will be going to Nassau instead of keywest.

Nothing is wrong with them, but I would appreciated the right to choose. I have a 14 year boy who is very impressionable. I would rather not expose him to the culture at this age.

Variety is a good thing in life, and unless you live in a corn field and home school him, he's probably seen and maybe interacted with Goth people. Don't be scared just because they are different. :)

.....at that time the ports were Freeport, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya. About 2-3 weeks later they swapped Freeport for Key West and Costa Maya for Ocho Rios. The 2 ports my son and I wanted to see were changed. So I switched to the Miracle August 31 instead.

49 days and counting!

:D

.....at that time the ports were Freeport, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya. About 2-3 weeks later they swapped Freeport for Key West and Costa Maya for Ocho Rios. The 2 ports my son and I wanted to see were changed. So I switched to the Miracle August 31 instead.

49 days and counting!

:D

We had originally booked the Elation for that week-- they changed the Elation to the west coast-- so we took the Liberty for Costa Maya so we can see the ruins there-- then Liberty changed most ports. Price was cheap 388pp with 100 cabin credit so we decided to stay put

Archived