Casual dinners

cathy_kearns

My 13 year old daughter is all set for formal night, and semi formal night. It's casual night that has us flumoxed. She will be wearing linen white bermuda shorts and a fancy babydoll dress top to a casual anniversary party a few days before we get on the ship, so she'll have that in her luggage. But she has no sun dresses or skirts. (Mostly because she doesn't like dresses or skirts unless she's really dressed up.) She likes to wear jeans and polo shirts, but they don't look as dressy as the shorts and top, on the other hand, it says no shorts. Do they mean linen shorts too? Or should I just let her wear the jeans to dinner on casual nights.

My 13 year old daughter is all set for formal night, and semi formal night. It's casual night that has us flumoxed. She will be wearing linen white bermuda shorts and a fancy babydoll dress top to a casual anniversary party a few days before we get on the ship, so she'll have that in her luggage. But she has no sun dresses or skirts. (Mostly because she doesn't like dresses or skirts unless she's really dressed up.) She likes to wear jeans and polo shirts, but they don't look as dressy as the shorts and top, on the other hand, it says no shorts. Do they mean linen shorts too? Or should I just let her wear the jeans to dinner on casual nights.

No shorts in the dining room in the evening. Linen shorts are still shorts. Personally I wouldn't wear jeans in the dining room for dinner but a lot of people do. A nice pair of capris and a nice top will be fine on the casual nights.

You will see a lot of people wearing jeans on casual nights -- we've noticed a definite trend towards the more casual side on our last three cruises. I was also surprised to see more than a few people wearing shorts to dinner on the Triumph last month on the first and last nights of the cruise. The first night I can kind of understand. Some people may not have their luggage before dinner and didn't pack a carry on bag. But on the last night? I guess they just figured they could get away with it (and did).

I remember my daughters at 13. They wanted to make sure what they wore was appropriate for every occasion. I'm sure your DD feels the same.:) Capris and nice summery top would be just perfect!

Archived