Casablanca

Hi Nyfeds & JoAnn,

We just finally got our pre-cruise plans all firmed up with Regent. We bit the bullet and booked the Four Seasons in Provence. Yes, I know it's more expensive that way but we just didn't know how to go about booking our own transfers, etc. We will be leaving Oct. 31 out of LAX on Lufthansa to Frankfurt with connecting flight to Nice. I just hope this time Lufthansa is better than last time we flew with them. It was horrible. I mentioned it to Regent Air Concierge and they said they have had good luck with Lufthansa and they were their carrier of choice. I'm sure we will all be in touch again before departure. Gosh, just a little over 3 mos. now.

Hi Nyfeds & JoAnn,

We just finally got our pre-cruise plans all firmed up with Regent. We bit the bullet and booked the Four Seasons in Provence. Yes, I know it's more expensive that way but we just didn't know how to go about booking our own transfers, etc. We will be leaving Oct. 31 out of LAX on Lufthansa to Frankfurt with connecting flight to Nice. I just hope this time Lufthansa is better than last time we flew with them. It was horrible. I mentioned it to Regent Air Concierge and they said they have had good luck with Lufthansa and they were their carrier of choice. I'm sure we will all be in touch again before departure. Gosh, just a little over 3 mos. now.

Hi Greystuff,

Good hearing that your plans are coming together.

We, too, are flying Lufthansa. We flew them once before and had an excellent experience with them. Hopefully, we will again, and you will, as well. If you are flying Business Class, they have recently redone Business Class cabins. Check out their website.

Three months can't come soon enough! Almost time for final payment!

Wow Greytsuff - so you will be at the Four Seasons the same two days as us. Cool - lets at a later date closer in try and figure out a time and place to meet for drinks. I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience.

We have had a one great experience with RSSC air and using UA/Lufthansa so hopefully you will to. We did our own air in this particular situation, using AA frequent flyer miles and hoping for the best, meaning that we get there and so does our luggage. We booked the hotel and transfers on our own, but as i said above, lets try to plan to get together for at least drinks, that will be fun.

Then of course on to the ship. We booked a private transfer from the hotel to the ship, with a stop in Nice at the market for flowers and wine, then on to EZE for a couple of hours before heading over to the ship.

Nyfeds, thanks, I am hopeful that our one experience with Lufthansa was an isolated incident. I am looking forward to meeting you. Let's stay in touch. I am sure there will be a later Roll Call and we can all get together for a "meet up" on board. The anticipation process has begun!!!

JoAnn, yes, yes, yes, let's plan on meeting up at the Four Seasons. We are SO SO looking forward to this. Everything I have heard and read, this will be a wonderful interlude to "chill out" before the cruise. Let's stay in touch, also.

Sorry for the earlier confusion. Casablanca was cancelled for the spring Navigator crossing and there was discussion at that time about the fall. The port was cancelled due to specific reports of threats against tourists. There were subsequent arrests and the threat was dropped. I read recently that there were new threats, thus my comment about expectations about the fall.

Similarly, Rabat is listed for the Navigator stop on the 10/27 departure when I last checked. I wasn't checking the Voyager.

JoAnne B

Archived