Johnny Rocket's Question

Serious question: People do this at the buffet too, yet no surcharge exists. Why does RC care about waste in one food venue and not another?

For some reason I thought the cover charge was to keep the kids from making that their meeting/hangout place, and literally taking over the joint. I guess with the limited space, the powers that be thought this was a reasonable solution.:rolleyes:

A~

Ok, we all know that it cost $3.95 per person each and every time you eat at JR's.

Here's another thought - question????

If you were to do take out (sort of speak - meaning not actually eat in the establishment, is one charged only $3.95 once no matter (within reason) what you order?

ie: 2 onion rings, 1 fry, burger, & let's say a chicken sandwich?

Has anyone tried this and not questioned?

It is not all you can eat on take-out. You can only get one burger. If it were, they would have everyone paying $3.95 and then taking food back for their entire extended family. $3.95 all you can eat is for dine-in only.

For some reason I thought the cover charge was to keep the kids from making that their meeting/hangout place, and literally taking over the joint. I guess with the limited space, the powers that be thought this was a reasonable solution.:rolleyes:

A~

The last time we were on the Mariner I asked one of the crew who worked at JR's about surcharge and she said it was for the same reason you mentioned. They had been having problems with teens pretty much taking it over as a hang out and no one else could get in.

Tanker 4

Don't worry about the milkshake. The oreo hot fudge sundae is included and is worth the cover charge all by itself!:rolleyes:

Gooing in August and I will save on the milkshake and get the sundae. YUMMO. Anything else that I should try?

The last time we were on the Mariner I asked one of the crew who worked at JR's about surcharge and she said it was for the same reason you mentioned. They had been having problems with teens pretty much taking it over as a hang out and no one else could get in.

Tanker 4

Or they could just chuck the teens out after a certain amount of time and NOT charge the rest of us.....................:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tanker 4

I love being penalized for the behavior of someone else. With all of those imaginative folks working for RCI they could't dream up any other way to control the problem?

I love being penalized for the behavior of someone else. With all of those imaginative folks working for RCI they could't dream up any other way to control the problem?

Don't get me wrong, I agree. But why should they when this way seems to work? Supply and demand... and if we the passengers weren't willing to put out, then they would change the system, right?

A~:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I agree. But why should they when this way seems to work? Supply and demand... and if we the passengers weren't willing to put out, then they would change the system, right?

It's a win-win for them. They solve the space problem and generate a little extra revevue at the same time...........

Tanker 4

If they would just admit that the change was to treat J.R.'s like a specialty restaurant and produce more revenue I would have no problem with it. I am just tired of the attitude that they did us a favor by instituting a charge. There are other ways of dealing with the teen issue. That is all I was saying.

They did think of another way to keep the teenagers out of JR, but after checking with there lawyers RCI thought they might get to much bad press it made the teenagers walk the plank!

Chair hogs is another matter all together!

I think they started charging to cut down on customers.

Yeah, I know that seems an odd thing to say, when we were on the Voyager back in 2001 it as free for everyone and it was packed all the time.

Customers were demanding, non stop complaints because service was slow due to the volume of people wanting stuff and we rarely saw anyone leave a tip. I wouldn't want to work in that atmosphere.

I am thinking the surcharge may be to make it easier on the staff there, it really is a speciality restaurant per say. It is just cheaper than Chops or Portofino.

If they would just admit that the change was to treat J.R.'s like a specialty restaurant and produce more revenue I would have no problem with it. I am just tired of the attitude that they did us a favor by instituting a charge. There are other ways of dealing with the teen issue. That is all I was saying.

I agree 100%. When the first JR's went in, there was a charge. There was such a hue and cry from the passengers that they dropped it.

It's back, and people are paying it.

:rolleyes:

954898557_baabaaavatar.gif.a37c6680e1b1706cf2ae3625d2d2d3f3.gif

Really off topic, but I live in a smallish town and had NEVER been to (or heard of) a Johnny Rocket's until our last cruise with RCCL. We loved it (maybe partially just because I'd been seasick that first night, and hamburgers were all that sounded good). We recently were in Daytona and saw a JR's, and we ended up eating there, and had an oceanview at the window. I told DH that I could almost convince myself I was on the cruise all over again. Ahhhhhh... good times. :)

Sorry, had to share. ;)

Archived