Recently off the Carnival Pride 7/1/2007 sailing - Any questions?

modnar

Forgot to add that not all the cabins have the new deck furniture yet. Ours was still all wrapped up when we boarded and had to be opened up the first night to be used. It is really nice.:)

Forgot to add that not all the cabins have the new deck furniture yet. Ours was still all wrapped up when we boarded and had to be opened up the first night to be used. It is really nice.:)

What was the new deck furniture like? Ours had a metal frame with a blue canvas-like backing, so I don't know if it was new or not.

That was the new stuff. We saw tons of the old white plastic stuff right by the golf cage the night before Cabo San Lucas and then it was gone so I'll bet they gave/sold it to beach resorts there. (That's what we were sitting on in Mazatlan, the white molded plastic stuff)

Welcome back.

I'm on the 22 Jul sailing and wish to know if anyone can advise me on the distance and transportation options from the LA train terminal to the ship terminal? I'm visiting in San Deigo a few days prior to the cruise and plan on taking the train to LA, the train schedule wants to bus me from LA to Long Beach and the only departure from San Deigo that fits the cruise (leaving room for delays) leaves around 6 AM. I am hoping to take the next train out of San Deigo a little after 10 AM if I can find different transportation from LA to Long Beach at a resonable cost.

Any info is appreciated.

I love reading about "my" ship after the cruise is over!

For those of you with upcoming cruises and are concerned about jellyfish, there is a kind of sun screen that repels jellyfish:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUSSJF.html

I have bought it & used it, but as I didn't really see any jellyfish or hear of anyone that was stung at the time, I don't know how well it works.

Here's my shot of the arch at Cabo (taken from on board the ship as we sailed away):

172932895-M.jpg

Have fun!

That was the new stuff. We saw tons of the old white plastic stuff right by the golf cage the night before Cabo San Lucas and then it was gone so I'll bet they gave/sold it to beach resorts there. (That's what we were sitting on in Mazatlan, the white molded plastic stuff)

Ah yes... I remember seeing that pile of deck chairs. In fact, I even took a picture of it because it seemed out of place (we took a lot of pictures). I can't believe they ever had those on the balconies!

The picture of the pile of old deck chairs is attached.

IMG_5604.jpg.c24173979f264f1055b210cbb82d92b4.jpg

Too funny! I have that same picture!:D

I am packing up my capers, shore excursion list, club O2 list of events, & Pride deck layout to mail to cruisedailies.com. He scans them and then everyone can see them. It is a GREAT site if you really want to see capers from many different ships.

I think they called for the first round of self-debarkation around 8:00 a.m. or so. In fact, by 9:30 a.m., I think they had called a great deal of the luggage tag colors for regular debarkation. I was surprised by how early it was, and I don't know if this is typical or not.

We got off the ship around 9:30 a.m., and we had to wait in line for probably 20-30 minutes to go through customs/immigration.

[quote=modnar;10853017]I think they called for the first round of self-debarkation around 8:00 a.m. or so. In fact, by 9:30 a.m., I think they had called a great deal of the luggage tag colors for regular debarkation. I was surprised by how early it was, and I don't know if this is typical or not.

We got off the ship around 9:30 a.m., and we had to wait in line for probably 20-30 minutes to go through customs/immigration.

Thanks- self-disembarkation is DEFINATELY the plan for this one!!

What time did you get off the ship when you got back into Long Beach? We could not get a 2pm flight back next April and have a 12:15pm one (Carnival recommends 12:30pm or later)

We were the last ones off the ship at 10:30 in the morning:eek: I have a picture of an empty gangway behind us. We were on deck 4 aft, the pink luggage tags and they were the last color called. We waited in our rooms watching Wimbledon and left as soon as our tags were called. We had to wait a few minutes for a wheelchair for my dad and then about 10 minutes to get through customs. We were at the shuttle spot by 10:50. It is a 30-35 minute drive to LAX. As modnar said, they were calling for self debark pretty early and if you show the purser's desk confirmation of an early flight on the day before, you will be one of the first off.

It was pretty funny that CD Tina was so polite all week saying "toodles" and "cheerio" and by the call for pink tags it was "It is imperative that you get off the ship at this time!"

Now the week before I was standing in line at 12:00 ish to drop off my luggage and there were still people getting off the ship. I realize these were the very last stragglers, but still! The ship docked by 5:30 am when we got off but the week before(while we were waiting to get on) I peeked out my porthole on the Queen Mary and she still was not there until 6:45 am.

Long and short of it is that I think you can do it. You are just going to have a rushed and maybe a little stressful morning. Sometimes you don't have a choice. There is almost NEVER a late afternoon choice for us so we either do the stressful, worry about getting out or super relaxed method of leaving the next day. It all depends on what other circumstances surround the cruise.

We were the last ones off the ship at 10:30 in the morning:eek: I have a picture of an empty gangway behind us. We were on deck 4 aft, the pink luggage tags and they were the last color called. We waited in our rooms watching Wimbledon and left as soon as our tags were called. We had to wait a few minutes for a wheelchair for my dad and then about 10 minutes to get through customs. We were at the shuttle spot by 10:50. It is a 30-35 minute drive to LAX. As modnar said, they were calling for self debark pretty early and if you show the purser's desk confirmation of an early flight on the day before, you will be one of the first off.

It was pretty funny that CD Tina was so polite all week saying "toodles" and "cheerio" and by the call for pink tags it was "It is imperative that you get off the ship at this time!"

Now the week before I was standing in line at 12:00 ish to drop off my luggage and there were still people getting off the ship. I realize these were the very last stragglers, but still! The ship docked by 5:30 am when we got off but the week before(while we were waiting to get on) I peeked out my porthole on the Queen Mary and she still was not there until 6:45 am.

Long and short of it is that I think you can do it. You are just going to have a rushed and maybe a little stressful morning. Sometimes you don't have a choice. There is almost NEVER a late afternoon choice for us so we either do the stressful, worry about getting out or super relaxed method of leaving the next day. It all depends on what other circumstances surround the cruise.

Yes we could not stay the night before and also after so opted to come out a day early. We are coming from Florida. We realize it is going to be a stressful morning(Yikes I'm already stressing sort of), hoping to print out boarding passes on the ship, carry off luggage and hop into a taxi, that's all we can do:cool:

Thank you all for posting all these photos!!! I am leaving on August 5 on the Pride and I am so excited! :D

I saw that a few of you did the canopy tour in PV, how was it? We are also doing that. We are very excited, we just cannot wait!

Principessa, we are in cabin 7203, we are only 7 cabins down from you! Feel free to say Hi if you like, it's just Me and my two teenagers. We are also going on the Beach/Shopping tour in Mazatlan so we will probably see you there!

We are also booked for Snuba in Cabo but I am starting to hear about those darn jelly fish on all the boards. I hope they clear out by August!:eek:

The ziplines were great fun. There is alot of walking/climbing in between the platforms at Los Veranos but nothing too terrible....just be prepared for it. We did not swim in the river afterwards as it had rained the night before and the water was muddy and nobody wanted to do it. The ages of the people doing zipline ranged from 10 - 47 and we all loved it.

Doing Snuba should be no problem with the jellyfish as you have to wear wetsuits. So don't worry about that problem, just be prepared for the water to be cold.....brrrr.

My kids got stung by the jellyfish in Maz and not on the beach but way out in the water when the "banana boat" driver dumped them on purpose.

Have fun!

Thanks Lori! The Snuba info is much appreciated, I was already searching out alternate excursions, but I think we'll stick with Snuba now. We swim in the Pacific Ocean here in Northern California all the time (without wetsuits); it's very cold, but we're used to it so that's not a problem.

I still can't believe everything is all set and ready to go! I can't believe I'll be here posting reviews and pictures in just a few weeks! WEEEEEEEE!!!!:D :D :D

What dinner time did you have? When we were on the Liberty, they offered 4 different times. I think the Pride offers only early and late.

I appreciate you info! We sail on the Pride Thanksgiving week and can't wait.

You are correct, 1 dining room with two seatings. We had the early seating at 5:45. I think the second one was 7:45 but many nights we were just leaving by that time so maybe it was 8:00 or 8:15.

HAve fun, I am already jealous that you are going on a cruise and I won't be traveling again for a few years while we have major college expenses:eek:

Living vicariously through this thread! LOL

We are going Aug 5th and I have asked a lot of questions on this board (thanks everyone) but there's a couple more:

Will verizon phones get service on the sea days if you have Mexico service on your plan? (ie, can we use these instead of the walkies on the ship?)

Are there in general a lot of 18/19 year olds on board or things this age can do because they won't allow them in the teen club?

We'd like to have some beach days (non excursion)- any suggestions for Puerto Vallarta and/or Cabo

Wow, what a great thread! I hope I'm not too late to jump in with a few questions?

We sail the Pride on September 23rd. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach the night before. Is anyone familiar with this hotel? Is it close to the ship? I'm hoping the hotel runs some type of shuttle, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance. :)

Are there in general a lot of 18/19 year olds on board or things this age can do because they won't allow them in the teen club?

Hello Javafreek! I am also going on the Pride on August 5! I am taking my two teens, a 15 year old girl and a 17 year old boy. They went on a Carnival cruise with their father last year and did not want to spend any time in the teen center. They had a great time just walking around by themselves and finding their own things to do.

Maybe we'll see you on the ship! Seventeen more days! :D

Archived