New Schedules

When is the schedule for December 2009 due out? My parents want to have us all go on a cruise for their 40th anniversary, but I have 4 children and will need to book really early (and on a Freedom or Voyager class) to get a stateroom to fit our family of 6. When will that be out, so we can have everyone ready to book (have their deposits saved, etc.) Destinations really don't matter, though with 2 households in TN and one in Miami, it'll probably be a Caribbean of some sort.

Oh good. that's what we were thinking, and then we started seeing '09 sail dates in peoples' sigs. April/May is great. My brothers need time to save up. (June would be even better -- we could book on board our next cruise.)

I have seen 09 dates in peoples signatures too. Maybe it's just for some cruises and not all. I agree with you about booking onboard your next cruise though. Then you can get the OBC.

The latest '09 bookings I have seen are for June. Past that, not released yet. :)

I have seen 09 dates in peoples signatures too. Maybe it's just for some cruises and not all. I agree with you about booking onboard your next cruise though. Then you can get the OBC.

OBC would be great, but since we need a cabin for 6, waiting a month or 2 after the schedule comes out isn't an option ... I hear they go almost immediately ... there just aren't that many.

OBC would be great, but since we need a cabin for 6, waiting a month or 2 after the schedule comes out isn't an option ... I hear they go almost immediately ... there just aren't that many.

I booked the Royal Family Suite on the Freedom OTS for June 24, 2007. The booking opened up on May 6, 2006 and the four RFS plus the PS were all gone within the first hour of the first day that they became available. So, you do want to book ASAP. The schedule should be made available in late April or early May of 2008.

However, the people in the PS booked after the final deposits were due. Seems the people who originally booked the PS canceled. Also, I noted that a FO (family ocean view) cabin was available until the week before the cruise.

Hi Jerin:)

I saw your comment on another thread:D

Just a couple thoughts: if worse comes to worse, perhaps you could get two adjoining or connecting cabins and have one parent stay in each. I know that's not optimum, but may be an option.

Also, do you normally go through a TA? Some may be able to snatch those coveted cabins quicker than you can. I have worked with a TA who is good about getting aft cabins, etc. and she may be worth talking to. If you want to contact her, let me know at: bobrisher[at]suddenlink[dot]net.

One last idea-I know you specified certain ships, but if you would ever consider the Celebity M class, cabin 6019 is and absolutely huge oceanview. We lucked into it on a trip to Alaska, and have it booked again next year. I informally measured it at 28 feet long!

Hard to believe it will soon be 3 years since the Galaxy! We are doing a similar cruise on the Grandeur next April.

Say hi to Dave

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Archived