Bonnie Voyager.....We need your help!

i have cabin 9704 on hold on freedom of the seas for 9/7/08 is that a good corner aft cabin and do you have any pics. we never stayed in outside cabin or balcony before. this is only are 3rd cruise we usually get inside cabins.

Yes, 9704 is a good aft cabin with an awesome view. I have the mirror image aft cabin booked (9404) on Liberty for my friends. 9704/9404 have a large, sunny balcony (but not as large as the rest of the aft cabins). They have a single door and a large porthole window. Your cabin will be sunny and your view from the cabin is terrific. Your balcony is pie-shaped with a great view off the back and toward the side of the ship. For your first balcony cabin you chose very well! Here are some photos of 9404 on Freedom. It is on the opposite corner from 9704 so is identical but mirror image...

2265295590036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2006516660036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2468123560036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2039509430036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2908108890036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

Bonnie Voyager you are just THE BEST!! You are one of the first posters that I read when I first joined and was as impressed with your knowledge then as I am now.

I was wondering if you had any knowledge of Radiance class. DH and I have 1102 booked on Jewel . What can you tell me about it? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, in advance, once again for your help!!

We, too, are booked in 9404 on the Liberty for next summer. Since we couldn't get the cabin above for just 2 people, this was our second choice. We do love the aft corners, but I'm a bit nervous about this cabin. It looks much smaller than we are used to!

Is there room for a lounger or two on the balcony or just regular chairs??

Bonnie Voyager you are just THE BEST!! You are one of the first posters that I read when I first joined and was as impressed with your knowledge then as I am now.

I was wondering if you had any knowledge of Radiance class. DH and I have 1102 booked on Jewel . What can you tell me about it? Thanks in advance.

I have yet to sail on a Radiance-class ship, but my next cruise is onboard Serenade of the Seas (a Radiance-class ship) and I did extensive research on the aft cabins so I can tell you that 1102 is a terrific choice!

2796360870095031535S425x425Q85.jpg

2730414250040287513S425x425Q85.jpg

Below is cabin 1104 which is the same as 1102...

2112668850069887658S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks, in advance, once again for your help!!

We, too, are booked in 9404 on the Liberty for next summer. Since we couldn't get the cabin above for just 2 people, this was our second choice. We do love the aft corners, but I'm a bit nervous about this cabin. It looks much smaller than we are used to!

Is there room for a lounger or two on the balcony or just regular chairs??

9404 is a category E and is thus a tad smaller than what I am use to also, but I have been inside a category E and for 2 passengers it is fine since you have the larger balcony to spend time on. 9404/9704 do have a smaller balcony than the rest of the afts, but it is still much larger than a standard side balcony and it does have room for at least one lounge chair and a couple of regular chairs and a table or two lounge chairs and a table and no regular chairs. Anything more than that would be too crowded. But, again, for two passengers that's all you need anyway! :D

Bonnie - LOVE your signature!!! :D

Hope you had a great summer!!! :)

I can't believe summer is pretty much over now! Boo hoo! :( It was terrific while it lasted though! Now I am full steam ahead making my plans for my Serenade cruise in March! I'm glad you enjoyed my signature! I just stole your glitter and now it's even better! ;)

Wanted to offer my thanks to you Bonnie for your pictures of aft cabins. It was helpful in making our selection on NOS we are in the corner aft on the 7th deck. We can hardly wait...Thanks so much for your insight and time you have taken....AFT RULES!!!!!!

We had 1700 booked on the Freedom this past April (later changed it to a side cabin) and we had it booked for just 2 people. If you really want it, I would call back and talk to someone else. And, if they say you can't do it, call back AGAIN, and keep doing it until you find someone that says yes.

And you VERY kindly gave up that cabin for us and we were in it in April, just two people!!!:D

• 1 month later...
I have Freedom 9404 booked. Where are the pics you have of that cabin.... that did not look like Freedom's balcony to me... i thought you had to look thru the outer rim thing. Is that not right?

This IS 9404. Nothing to look through! Terrific, unobstructed view!

2265295590036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2006516660036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2468123560036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2039509430036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

2908108890036758896S425x425Q85.jpg

Bonnie,

My wife and I were thinking of taking a 10 night Carribean and Panama Cruise and never been there. They have cabin 8168 corner aft on the Jewel OTS open but don't know if this is a good cabin for this sailing.

Is it and is the balcony small and will we have noise from the crew decks below? For this sailing should we be on a certain side of the ship or in the middle? We're also planning on going in March, what would the weather be like?

I ask you all these questions b/c you've been to alot of places and figured you have the answers. :D

Thanks for your patience and time in answering all of my questions. :)

Bonnie,

My wife and I were thinking of taking a 10 night Carribean and Panama Cruise and never been there. They have cabin 8168 corner aft on the Jewel OTS open but don't know if this is a good cabin for this sailing.

Is it and is the balcony small and will we have noise from the crew decks below? For this sailing should we be on a certain side of the ship or in the middle? We're also planning on going in March, what would the weather be like?

I ask you all these questions b/c you've been to alot of places and figured you have the answers. :D

Thanks for your patience and time in answering all of my questions. :)

I can't answer all your questions, but I will try to help as much as I can! Below is a photo of cabin 7172. It is directly below the cabin you are considering (8168) and is exactly the same as 8168 and as you can see is NOT small! In fact, 8168 may be a tad larger! On deck 8 you are sandwiched between deck 7 and 9 which are both cabin decks so you should not have noise issues. There are no crew decks below you on Jewel of the Seas. It is the Voyager-class and Freedom-class ships that have a crew recreation area on the aft on deck 5. So, so far all I see for cabin 8168 are positives! For your itinerary (particularly the Panama Canal) being aft is a HUGE plus! While eveyone else is trying to gather in the outdoor seating area aft of the Windjammer up on deck 11 to view the locks as you pass through them, you will be in your own little section of paradise at the back of the ship! When you are in an aft balcony it does not matter which side you are on as you will have the exact same view as any other aft balcony! Which, by the way, is an AWESOME view! So, if I were you I would jump on cabin 8168 real quick before someone else does!

By the way, I found these photos on Webshots, they are not my own photos...

This one is 7172...

2456323720100517148S500x500Q85.jpg

This one I believe is 8168 (your balcony!) or possibly the corner/aft on deck 9 which would be just a teeny bit larger than yours. It doesn't look small at all to me though! I see a lounge chair and three upright chairs and a table. The occupant looks pretty happy...

2919666010100517148S500x500Q85.jpg

Hi Bonnie,

Could you also tell me what you think of cabin 8410 on the Liberty of the Seas. We are 2 adults and one child.

8410/8710 would be almost identical to 9404/9704 (pictured above somewhere) with a few exceptions. 8410/8710 has an identical cabin but does not have the big porthole window. It just has the single door. 8410/8710 are designed for 3 passengers, with the pullman bed coming out of the ceiling over the head of the regular beds. 9404/9704 are doubles, with no pullman bed so no 3rd passenger allowed. 8410/8710's balcony is almost the same as on the corner of deck 9 but a tad larger. Both decks are predominantly sunny balconies. If you want more shade, don't take these corners. For myself, I think these cabins would be small for 3 passengers, but it all depends on what you are use to and how old the 3rd passenger is (or rather how BIG ;)). It's a good location and the view is awesome. I prefer shade though and would not select a corner cabin on deck 8 or 9 on Voyager-class or Freedom-class ships. If you love sun, you will love these balconies though! They are not as large as the rest of the aft balconies but are by no means small! They are plenty large!

Bonnie is the 'aft expert' for sure--thanks Bonnie:) We also only book aft cabins and the wrap whenever possible.

Just wanted to add my observations from my first Voyager class cruise last week: I had cabin 9692 (solo this time) on the Adventure and it was great. I was tipped here on Cruise Critic that that cabin may be better than the corner cabins on deck nine and I have to say I agree.

I went down to both 7688 and 7388 on debarkation morning since I have them each booked when the Voyager gets to Texas. I was just a wee bit disappointed with the size, as I have been spoiled by the Rhapsody's aft wraps 7152 & 7652. The RH aft wrap balconies are much much larger than on the Voyager class. Still great cabins, but the upgrade in ship is actually a downgrade in balcony size. The one advantage though is more shade. DW will appreciate that as we are not sun people.

I'm wondering now if we should try Bonnie's fav's 1688 & 1388. If possible I now think I will try to change to one on one of the upcoming Voyager cruises. Closer to Windjammer as well.

I went down to both 7688 and 7388 on debarkation morning since I have them each booked when the Voyager gets to Texas. I was just a wee bit disappointed with the size, as I have been spoiled by the Rhapsody's aft wraps 7152 & 7652.

I'm wondering now if we should try Bonnie's fav's 1688 & 1388. If possible I now think I will try to change to one on one of the upcoming Voyager cruises. Closer to Windjammer as well.

Our first cruise was in 1688 and we had a fantastic experience. We had actually re-booked there for our 2006 Voyager cruise until we got a free upgrade and took it. For the money, it's a great value. Big square room, with the partial sun/shade balcony. There are bigger rooms, and there are bigger balconies. But, not much compares for the price. Hope you'll give it a try someday.

Any info on this cabin? I wanted 1390 or 1690, but they were unavailable. I will check closer to final payment date. I love aft, but this is an adjoining cabin to a JS. Is this an issue? Is this balcony still a bit larger than a regular D1? and how is the sun for this balcony? Thanks!

Any info on this cabin? I wanted 1390 or 1690, but they were unavailable. I will check closer to final payment date. I love aft, but this is an adjoining cabin to a JS. Is this an issue? Is this balcony still a bit larger than a regular D1? and how is the sun for this balcony? Thanks!

1392 would be nearly identical to being in 1390 except the balcony is a teeny bit smaller (but still VERY large). I have never heard anyone complain about any problems with the connecting door, so I would consider that a non-issue. I think you will enjoy your cabin! :D

• 1 month later...
I'm not aware of any such service. I would just call RCCL directly and ask them if there are any aft cabins available. You can call every day if you want to! You will get a different rep each time so they don't care how many times you call! Sooner or later, an aft cabin will pop up! Meanwhile, don't fret about it! I've sailed in every kind of cabin that exists and no cruise was better than another simply because I was in a better cabin! You will forget all about all this worry once you are onboard the ship!

They put me on a waiting list for a room and said they would e-mail me if it became available. I would then have 24 hours to get back to them.

They put me on a waiting list for a room and said they would e-mail me if it became available. I would then have 24 hours to get back to them.

I would continue to check for your desired cabin yourself too. Those waiting lists don't always work as smoothly as you would hope. ;)

I had found a picture on the net of the space under the deck 6 aft cabins, but for some reason the link to it I posted was removed ?????

For anyone interested it is on the class site for the Voyager ships, and is listed in pictures of the crew area....

Mods.... voyager class is a single users website... how can posting a link to a photo on that site create an issue... sigh... I really really want to follow the AUP of this site, but frankly, sometimes the heavy handedness of the way they delete stuff is confusing.... if you give no feedback on what was wrong with the post, how is the userbase supposed to modify thier behavior...