Bonnie Voyager.....We need your help!

Hi Bonnie!

Long heard of your name around here! I booked #1388 on Mariner for next year and am wondering what can I expect from this corner aft??

thanks!!

Huge cabin (almost like a Junior Suite) at the price of a standard balcony! Large balcony with sun and shade. My favorite cabin choice on Voyager-class and Freedom-class ships! :D

1392 will have more sun. 7688 will have the least movement.

Am I correct in assuming you have 3 passengers? If you are booking 2 passengers in either of these cabins, you will have the risk of being "bumped" to allow for a family of 3. (It happened to me once). But if you have 3 or more passengers you would be fine.

I have never been seasick in an aft cabin....but I have never been seasick period, so I guess I am not a good judge of the aft movement! ;) I have never found it to be very bad. However, I have also sailed in a cabin on the bow of the ship and that cabin "moved like Jagger!" :eek::D

Personally, if I were booking 3 passengers on Explorer, I'd go with the category D1 (1392 in your case) because the cabin itself is larger. I find 7688 to be a tad small for 3 passengers (unless the 3rd passenger is a small child). Keep in mind the bed for the 3rd passenger in 7688 is a Pullman that comes down from the ceiling and is located directly on top of the heads of the passengers in the "regular" bed! (I attached a photo below)

You are truly amazing....Cruise Critic really needs to give you your own board!!!:D Thank you sooooo much. We are going with 7688. There are 3 of us so we wont run the risk of getting bumped and she is a very short 16 year old so she will be just fine. Thank You again Bonnie!!!!

You are truly amazing....Cruise Critic really needs to give you your own board!!!:D Thank you sooooo much. We are going with 7688. There are 3 of us so we wont run the risk of getting bumped and she is a very short 16 year old so she will be just fine. Thank You again Bonnie!!!!

Enjoy your cruise! Your balcony is AWESOME! If your daughter doesn't like her Pullman bed, she can sleep outside! ;)

62971844_7688sidebalcony.jpg.fbf7495ece0f58ebd48aac9712b4ba38.jpg

thumbAOS_Balcony4.jpg.0a2a47c0ee8796403d9d64c079b6aa07.jpg

300997316_7688cabinview.jpg.b11db83c723ce3a896bb12c65e918c71.jpg

732379294_Balcony7688.jpg.a5da9256bbfc66ae788ec5c48379b007.jpg

1000896658_cabin7688balconyview.jpg.39e66f15ba9ce5c14fa9b94967f2706a.jpg

How exciting! I got my OWN thread! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed "our" cabin! :) I know you are disappointed to not be able to book the equivalent cabin on Liberty or Freedom. I was just in 1700 on Freedom and it was every bit as wonderful as 1688. BUT, since you can't book it with 2 passengers I won't dwell on it and make you suffer even more! ;) You also can't book the aft corner cabin on deck 7 with only 2 passengers on Freedom or Liberty, so that choice is out too. All the D1 cabins on deck 10 require 3 or more passengers so deck 10 aft is out. I would move down to deck 9 and look at cabin numbers 9404, 9406, 9704, and 9706. These are E1 cabins and the cabins themseleves are not as large as D1's but the balconys are still just as HUGE. I personally prefer 9406 and 9706 (and actually have 9406 booked on Liberty). These are NOT the corner cabins but one cabin over. My husband and I do not like too much sun and the corner balconies on deck 9 get a LOT of sun. We booked our best friends in the corner cabin (9404) because they DO like full sun. The corner balconies on deck 9 are not as large as the other aft balconies but it is still much larger than a side balcony and has an awesome unobstructed view and lots of privacy. The deck 9 corner cabin has a single door and a huge porthole window which gives a terrific view of the sea right from inside the cabin! So, that is my opinion. If you can't get deck 10, or the corners of deck 7, move on to deck 9! Decide if you prefer sun or shade and pick your cabin accordingly! :) Also, keep an eye on those deck 10 cabins because sometimes they DO let you book them with only 2 passengers. Once the ship has met its "limit" of quads and triples they may let you move to deck 10 aft if there is still one of those cabins available (and they do pop up every now and then when folks change their plans). Good luck what ever you do! And welcome to our club! "The Happily Ever Afters" ;)

It's great to see your still around. I really enjoyed hanging out with you on the Serenade back in 08.

Hi Bonnie or Anyone,

We will be on the Adventure for a b2b in Jan and Feb. Looks like room 6688 is available. Do you know how this room is. Looks like it should be the wrap around also. Back view and side view. Thanks in advance.

Hi Bonnie or Anyone,

We will be on the Adventure for a b2b in Jan and Feb. Looks like room 6688 is available. Do you know how this room is. Looks like it should be the wrap around also. Back view and side view. Thanks in advance.

What weeks are you sailing(you might have other options)( are you trying to stay in the same cabin for both cruises and how many in your cabin?)........6688's Balcony is not like #7688's..........it does not go all the way out to that side window, much smaller balcony.

Edited by Jimbo

• 5 months later...

Hello Bonnie -

We are going to Canada/NE cruise 8/28/14 on Explorer of the Seas. Have cabin 9298 but looks like 1398 just opened. Any advice? l loved the aft 8166 on Celebrity Summit, but wasn't sure if the 9298 would be cold without a lot of sun given the route.

Many thanks

Hello Bonnie -

We are going to Canada/NE cruise 8/28/14 on Explorer of the Seas. Have cabin 9298 but looks like 1398 just opened. Any advice? l loved the aft 8166 on Celebrity Summit, but wasn't sure if the 9298 would be cold without a lot of sun given the route.

Many thanks

Check your cabin number again! I don't see a cabin 1398, so I can't advise specifically to that cabin. But, if you are asking about a side Junior Suite cabin (9298) versus ANY aft Junior Suite cabin...I would pick the aft cabin every time! :D especially if you are talking about 1394 or 1694!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hello! I have searched and searched for the info I want and I have not found an answer to my question. I am hoping you will be able to help me.

We are headed out on the AOS and currently have cabins 1688,1690, 1692 booked. As I am looking for info I see most really like 1688 and 1690 but nothing is said about the view below. Do you overlook other balconies? I have stated in an AFT balcony before but all you saw was the ocean, it was fantastic! My other question is how much noise you hear above you, I usually choose cabins sandwiched between cabins.

I am wondering if it would be better to keep one aft for gatherings on the balcony but move the other 2 to a side balcony.

The pictures I can find don't really say what cabin it is. Concerns me that I am looking at a picture I think is 1690 on AOS but really isn't.

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! I have searched and searched for the info I want and I have not found an answer to my question. I am hoping you will be able to help me.

We are headed out on the AOS and currently have cabins 1688,1690, 1692 booked. As I am looking for info I see most really like 1688 and 1690 but nothing is said about the view below. Do you overlook other balconies? I have stated in an AFT balcony before but all you saw was the ocean, it was fantastic! My other question is how much noise you hear above you, I usually choose cabins sandwiched between cabins.

I am wondering if it would be better to keep one aft for gatherings on the balcony but move the other 2 to a side balcony.

The pictures I can find don't really say what cabin it is. Concerns me that I am looking at a picture I think is 1690 on AOS but really isn't.

Thank you for your help.

1688 and 1690 are both awesome cabins/balconies. I have hopefully, successfully attached a photo below that is looking DOWN (from the Windjammer Restaurant) onto the aft/corner balcony of 1688 and a little of 1690. Here you can see that your view out from these balconies is of the sea! If you look straight down from 1688, you can see the outer portion of the balcony below, but you only see people if both they and you are standing at the railing and specifically looking at each other. If you are sitting in your chair or lounge, you will see the sea and will enjoy relative privacy.

I have sailed in 1688 and 1388 many times and have NEVER had any issues with noise from above. I can't imagine any good reason to give up either of the cabins you currently have booked! 1688/1388 is my first choice every time! If I could not get 1688/1388, I would choose 1690/1390!

attachment.php?attachmentid=313787&stc=1&d=1400880445

Thank you for your speedy reply! Is 1692 the same as 1690? (We have all 3 cabins)

Unfortunately, I can't see your picture but thank you for trying. I finally found a few pictures of 1688 (I believe this will be my parents room) Now my sister and I have to fight over the two remaining. Lol

The noise was my biggest concern so thanks for reassuring me with that topic!

I will keep looking and reading, it is my favorite pastime.

Thank you for your speedy reply! Is 1692 the same as 1690? (We have all 3 cabins)

Unfortunately, I can't see your picture but thank you for trying. I finally found a few pictures of 1688 (I believe this will be my parents room) Now my sister and I have to fight over the two remaining. Lol

The noise was my biggest concern so thanks for reassuring me with that topic!

I will keep looking and reading, it is my favorite pastime.

The view looking out will be pretty much the same from 1690 and 1692. Looking down, you get a little more view of the balcony and structure below you as you move toward the center of the ship. But it is still good! ;) Also, while 1690 and 1692 have the same size cabin, 1690 has a tad larger balcony. 1690 has the best balcony of the three cabins. 1688 has, by far, the best cabin of the three. All are winners though! ;)

Bonnie,

We are considering the Serenade for June 2015 Scandinavia/Russia

Which balcony cabins would you recommend?

Do you know if they have a Diamond Lounge on the ship?

Thank you for any info you can provide...I really do appreciate it!!

Bonnie,

We are considering the Serenade for June 2015 Scandinavia/Russia

Which balcony cabins would you recommend?

Do you know if they have a Diamond Lounge on the ship?

Thank you for any info you can provide...I really do appreciate it!!

Hi! I will be boarding Serenade (again) in just a couple more weeks! (In aft cabin 1604) :-) Yes, there is a Diamond Lounge! It is on Deck 13, in the Viking Crown Lounge.

All the wake-facing cabins on Serenade are good. Center aft has the deepest balconies (with sun and shade). The aft corners have the widest balconies (not as deep though) and they are mostly sun.

Deck 10 aft cabins have the outdoor Windjammer seating area above them, but no major complaints regarding that. Some occasional chair scraping, but not during prime sleeping hours.

Deck 7 aft cabins have a public lounge below them, and some have reported "feeling" the music in the evening. But the music does not continue into the wee hours.

Decks 8 and 9 are insulated from most noise due to being wedged between passenger decks, but NOTHING will protect you from noisy neighbors! :eek:;)

So, as I said, there is really no "bad" choice. You just have to decide what factors are most important to you. Want more sun? Go toward the corner. Want more shade? Go toward the center. Want the deepest balconies? Go higher up and toward the center! Want the widest balcony? Go higher up and on the corner!

Where ever you end up....ENJOY! :D

Bonnie -

I just wanted to thank you (and everyone else) for the great cabin advice. I had to work hard to find an AOS cruise with 1388, 1688 and 1690 available.

My group is counting on me to find them great rooms.

My best advice -book as early as possible.

I also tried to find a Jewel cruise with 9256 open - no luck. I jumped on the next best option "8168" - one deck down.

I never would of known about the 8168 room option without the help of my Cruise Critic friends. The deck plan does not show the wider balcony.

Thanks again everyone.

• 1 month later...
Bonnie,

I have cabin 7172 booked for an Alaska cruise and was wondering if this is a decent cabin?

Thank you and have a blessed day!

Hello - I will assume you are referring to 7172 on Radiance. This is a std balcony room deck 7 aft. The balcony is very wide which is great. I could only find pics from the Jewel - the balcony wall support poles are less intrusive on Radiance. Great room overall ..........but:

There is nightly entertainment below that may be an issue if you want to go to sleep early. Some do not mind this but wanted you to know - maybe earplugs would help??

Enjoy

Capture1.jpg.9a9d12f9b8572f77548d928184aa132c.jpg

Capture2.jpg.cd95270e6988d9b4d8bdabfec367e7b2.jpg