Parking In Ny???

josephml1

What Is The Best Option To Park Near Ny (meaning Cheap) And Then Get Public Transportation To Get To Manhattan.

It Could Be Also Around Nj And Use The Path...or In Other Ny Place And Use Subway.

Thank You All

:) :) :) :)

See if the hotel you are planning on staying at will allow you to leave your car while you are on the cruise. That is if you are lucky enough to find a hotel that has parking (I believe you are looking at hotels in Jersey, right?)

There is not a lot of cheap parking in or right around NYC. The airports have Avistar offsite parking, but you'd have to get a cab to go back and forth - if you added cab fare onto the lesser $16 a day at Avistar, it ends up being cheaper to park the the pier.

Otherwise, it is much easier just parking at the pier.

See if the hotel you are planning on staying at will allow you to leave your car while you are on the cruise. That is if you are lucky enough to find a hotel that has parking (I believe you are looking at hotels in Jersey, right?

I check many hotels in NJ very unexpensive with free parking, i am looking for a way to park the car a get the fastest way to arrive manhattan maybe the path or something like that, that transportation has to be available 24h.

I am going to have the car after my cruise.

Parking at the pier is $24 per day. Parking elsewhere in Manhatten starts around $45 per day, plus tax & tip.

What about new jersey, jersey city, pavonia, weehaken and easy way to park, take the path to NY...

Thanks.

My question is related because in other big cities like Chicago you can park, in the suburbs train or metro estations and then travel to Chicago Downtown parking for only 7 or 8 dlls 12 hours...

Theres is nothing similar in NY? or NJ and then travel to manhattan?

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like what you're looking for is regular commuter parking, as in drive to the Metro in the am, park for the day, and then take the Metro back in the evening? Why don't you check the websites for New York's public transportation system, whatever it's called (the PATH goes to New Jersey, I think; don't really know about the others). They should be able to give you information about parking lots at their stations.

I'm not from New York, I just visit occasionally, so I'm not an expert on this... but since you are looking for area hotels in other threads and you are trying to keep your costs down, I would say skip the car rental and parking fees and spend that money on a hotel right in Manhattan. If you need to get from the cruise to Manhattan or from the hotel to the airport, you can take a cab or other public transportation. You really don't need a car in the city. Just my 2 cents.

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like what you're looking for is regular commuter parking, as in drive to the Metro in the am, park for the day, and then take the Metro back in the evening? Why don't you check the websites for New York's public transportation system, whatever it's called (the PATH goes to New Jersey, I think; don't really know about the others). They should be able to give you information about parking lots at their stations.

I will contact them thank you for the advice.:)

I'm not from New York, I just visit occasionally, so I'm not an expert on this... but since you are looking for area hotels in other threads and you are trying to keep your costs down, I would say skip the car rental and parking fees and spend that money on a hotel right in Manhattan. If you need to get from the cruise to Manhattan or from the hotel to the airport, you can take a cab or other public transportation. You really don't need a car in the city. Just my 2 cents.

I am traveling back to philadelphia by car, so i am considering all my options, but thank your for your comments.

That what i am looking for...

Anyone has a good idea???

I am traveling back to philadelphia by car

If you live in Philadelphia, or know someone there with whom you can leave your car, I suggest traveling to NYC by train or bus (Peter Pan has a $20 RT if you buy it through their website). Having dealt with parking a car in Manhattan for 35 years, I can tell you that there are only two options: conveniently for money, or enduring inconvenience, aggravation, and endless complications trying to do it for free. You should be aware that many of the commuter lots near Metro-North and the LIRR are set up for monthly passes. There is a lot in Summit at the NJ Transit station where you can buy daily tickets, but I'm not sure if you can do it for a week. There is a free lot in Harriman, NY at the NJ Transit stop, but it's completely unguarded and leaving a car there for a week with out-of-state plates....well.... Bottom line: bite the bullet and park at the pier.

Archived