How to contact megatrain

We are trying to book our tickets on megatrain.com and keep getting a WorldAlert Check error after entering in all credit card information. I have called my credit card and they have informed me there is no issue on their end. I have tried to call both phone numbers on the Megatrain website and it says number disconnected or invalid number. I am calling from the US. I am dialing 011 44 before each number and I have tried dialing the numbers with and without the 0 at the beginning of the phone numbers. As you may or may not know the fares do not last long on this website(now they have gone up). Has anyone successfully booked online or reached someone via phone from the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We are trying to book our tickets on megatrain.com and keep getting a WorldAlert Check error after entering in all credit card information. I have called my credit card and they have informed me there is no issue on their end. I have tried to call both phone numbers on the Megatrain website and it says number disconnected or invalid number. I am calling from the US. I am dialing 011 44 before each number and I have tried dialing the numbers with and without the 0 at the beginning of the phone numbers. As you may or may not know the fares do not last long on this website(now they have gone up). Has anyone successfully booked online or reached someone via phone from the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

where do you want to travel from /to & what date

B G

I tried both with and without the 0 and they numbers did not work. We are trying to book for August 28 from London to Southampton for our cruise. Megatrain has a phone number in the US so I am going to see if someone here can help me. I have also emailed Megatrain about the error. Hopefully I don't have to be from the UK to purchase these tickets. Thanks for the replies.

I tried both with and without the 0 and they numbers did not work. We are trying to book for August 28 from London to Southampton for our cruise. Megatrain has a phone number in the US so I am going to see if someone here can help me. I have also emailed Megatrain about the error. Hopefully I don't have to be from the UK to purchase these tickets. Thanks for the replies.

Are going from central London or 1 of London airports,try trainline.co.uk or from airport there is a bus service direct.

checked there web site,megatrain .com,which is www.southwesttrains.co.uk.

as for the tel 9001600900,which is premuim rate

BG

My sister (uses trains in UK a lot) says that she always books through VirginTrains. They sell tickets for all of the train companies in UK apparently. We had a conversation about trains because I was complaining about how hard it was to buy train tickets for UK.

She bought mine for me, but I don't think she would do the same for youl:D

In my experience with megatrain earlier this year, they only sell tickets to people physically located in the UK. I tried and tried to book from the US, contacted them via email (no response) and tried calling them as well (never was able to get through because the number is like our 900#s). In any event, the only way I found to get a ticket purchased was to contact someone in the UK and have them book it for you. Obviously not everyone has this option, but perhaps some of the locals on this board might be willing to take pity on you and help you get booked. Someone on the Trip Advisor boards took pity on me. :)

We saved a huge amount of money by booking with megatrain and I'm guessing you are trying to as well. Good luck!

As for the actual train service, we went from Southampton to London and it was very easy. There is a separate carriage specifically for megatrain customers, but it was no different than any of the other carriages. We had plenty of room for our luggage and the carriage wasn't full.

Have a great trip!

stace11-Your experience is exactly like the one I am having now-No luck calling the number, no response to the email, etc. Yes, I was trying to save money. Thanks for confirming my experience-although it is not what I wanted to hear.

Globaliser-Yes those are buses in the US. I even called the US people and they said sorry you need to call the UK. They kept just repeating the number.

If I find a way to buy them, I will post and let everyone know. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

This has been my experience as well. According to a representative of the U.S. based Megabus, they had experienced credit card fraud with american credit cards and their bank decided to suspend accepting these. Dialing direct to their listed phone numbers did not work either, so I contacted a rep from Stagecoach Group Ltd who provides the telephone services for Megatrain. He confirmed the problem, but said the only way I could purchase the tickets online or by phone was to buy a British-based debit card or have someone in England purchase on my behalf. We have not pursued either option and cannot be of much help. Sorry.

Archived